Old 10-25-2011, 08:29 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

Default The slippery slope of "just one won't hurt, I have the points to spare"

Friday started out good. I had a healthy breakfast. Tracked it, and noticed that I had not used any of my WP, just a few of my AP. And several days last week I didn't hit all my DP.

When it was announced someone had brought in Dunkin Donuts-the good kind, cream filled no less. Well, I decided that I can do this. I can eat one as a treat because I have the points to spare.

Ok, so "Just 1" slowly morphed into 3 throughout the day, plus 3 munchkins. Which left me so hungry I proceded to eat everything in sight over the weekend. It got to the point I stopped tracking because it was embarrasssing. So the foods I did track over the weekend, I'm at -42 for wp.

Guess I should be thankful that it resets on my next weigh in. It does doesn't it? Or am I 2 weeks from having WP again?

Yesterday was a new day. A new start. From now on, I will not use the "Just 1" excuse. I will not start the slippery slope of over eating. For me, the sugar/fat combo is a trigger food and I need to learn to say No! to myself.

I will use this as a learning experience and not become too negative about it, because negativity triggers me to eat out of disgust...but I'm not negative...no...not at all.
sarahyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 09:23 AM   #2  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Height: 5'5"

It resets with your next weigh in

I know I've been there, thinking I have all those WPs, I don't need to track. It is a very, very slippery slope. I also work at a place where food is brought in ALL THE TIME. Sometimes I am able to just eat half a donut or one cookie and be fine, but some days I know that if I eat even just a nibble I'll be going crazy and want more more more, so those are the days where I have to be extra cautious and not eat any of it and just say no.

Good for you for staying positive and realizing that each morning is a new day and a fresh start! There's no need to let that one day ruin your whole week, and if there is a gain on the scale just use it as a learning experience. You can do this!

Last edited by Tudor Rose; 10-25-2011 at 09:24 AM.
Tudor Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 09:37 AM   #3  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

Oh god, I get your point soooo much!

I baked cookies sunday (healthy one, from skinnytaste, but still 3 points a cookies...) and last night I was like ''okay, I'm just getting one!'' I opened to box, TOOK one even if I knew perfectly well that I already all ate my points and was not willing to burn the APs earned... I think I stared at it for like 30 seconds before I put it back in the box lol
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 09:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tudor Rose View Post
It resets with your next weigh in

Good for you for staying positive and realizing that each morning is a new day and a fresh start! There's no need to let that one day ruin your whole week, and if there is a gain on the scale just use it as a learning experience. You can do this!
That's good to know, I don't like that big old negative sign when I log in. But on the plus side it's motivating me to exercise more because I've got it set up to deduct from AP before WP so it goes down a little.

I did let it ruin the entire weekend. I think I'm up about 1.5 pounds. but my scale battery died this morning so I'll have to go scaleless for awhile. It's amazing how quickly those little tastes, bites and nibbles add up especially when they are high fat/sugar bad for you type foods. And espeically when those little nibbles last all day long
sarahyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:44 AM   #5  
Thin Girl in Training

S/C/G: 285.5/269.4/180

I definitely know that trap! I did a bit of that this past weekend.

For me, the tough thing is that my "its just one" trap extends past junk food. Pasta and bread are both triggers for me too. I made some WW friendly Macaroni and Cheese, and it was a bit of a trigger for me to go after more carbs. Next time I make it, I'll make a half recipe so that there aren't any left overs.

Its funny how individual weight loss is, we all have to do what works for us!
chubbybunny29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:11 PM   #6  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Oh the slippery slope! My trigger foods are high carbs - in a word BREAD - I can skip the cookies, skip the cake & ice cream even the chocolate but once I have a small slice of pizza or piece of toast my day is gone gone gone.....whats a gal gonna do LOL
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 03:02 PM   #7  

I am glad you posted this! I realized for me I need to Track anything that is not zero points BEFORE I eat it.

Or I am gone..

Thanks for sharing!
Whocanitbenow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 04:43 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 304/304/200

Height: 5'4

This happened yesterday.... I had one pc of halloween candy which morphed into six which led me on a downward slope of eating mcdonalds for lunch.... And the rest of the bag of candy.Today I feel so disgusted with my self and I can't fathom what was going through my mind. I am just not going to allow that kind of temptation in my house from now on. :/
Nikeolie is offline   Reply With Quote