Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 09:19 PM   #1  
Made of Starstuff

Arrow WW MM CHALLENGE! Sept/Oct WEEK 5

Hi everyone! HAPPY OCTOBER!

WOW! We're already at the end of week 4/beginning of week 5!

Here's the Spreadsheet Link!

Give us your updates! How did your week go? How are you goals coming along? We have a whole month to do some really great things for ourselves.

Let's keep it up!
Old 10-02-2011, 09:22 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

I weigh-in tomorrow morning, but I can already say that this week has been pretty great in as far as exercise and Points go.

I got in lots of movement, and my food has been in control.

I should aim to eat more fruits and vegetables this week, as well as plan a little better for each meal, but I still did good, and I'm hoping to keep it that way throughout October.

Speaking of October... I need to decide now if I'm going to allow myself an indulgence on Halloween. I think I want to, but I want to make it special. Planning it now might actually help me keep from eating OTHER crap, because I'll be thinking "No, Lovely, you can eat xyz on Halloween, but no other nonsense before or after."

Is anyone else planning an indulgence? Or are you planning to avoid all the junk food?
Old 10-02-2011, 09:33 PM   #3  
Back at It!

S/C/G: 238/220/170

Height: 5'4 1/2

Hi Lovely, what is this challenge? Is it too late to join?
Good luck on your weigh in tomorrow.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:37 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 161.4/145/130

Height: 5'5"

Down 2 pounds this week!
Old 10-02-2011, 10:51 PM   #5  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojo381972 View Post
Hi Lovely, what is this challenge? Is it too late to join?
Good luck on your weigh in tomorrow.
Never too late to join! Just click on the spreadsheet and select a row not already in use. We're on "End of Week 4" tomorrow.

Some of the WW members have been following a challenge to enact some healthy changes and pick some reasonable goals for the end of October. That's what this is

You can pick goals now and just aim to keep at them through the end of October with us.

Proatthis - Grats on those 2 pounds down! Nice!

Last edited by Lovely; 10-02-2011 at 10:51 PM.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:27 AM   #6  
Go Blue!

S/C/G: 286.8/180.6/145

I lost 2.6 last WI. Did walk/run intervals when planned though missed some of my other planned exercise from just feeling too beat.

I dodged getting sick - the first time ever hubby's been sick with a cough/cold and I wasn't! It's usually just me, and the rest of the time the both of us. Hubby has been a t1 diabetic since he was a kid and while he's got his blood sugar levels under control for the most part (knock on wood!), being sick... I don't know if it's the decreased appetite, suddenly dropping off all his regular exercise, etc, but it really threw him off last week and his levels kept dropping way too low in the middle of the night. Had to get him up several times late night/super early morning to get some juice in him. I haven't been great at getting back to sleep and have been waking up a lot to check on him now. I'm not complaining at all and it's totally my fault not his for not being able to settle back down or waking myself up excessively to check on him, but feeling kind of sleep deprived and looking forward to things quieting down again.

I did a 5k run/walk Saturday and had planned on doing the intervals we've been doing in my running group (run 3, walk 2). The first mile went fine and then I just seemed to lose it, could only run for about 60-90 seconds and then needed to walk again. So wasn't thrilled with my time or that I didn't pace myself as well as I had planned, but I know it'll get better if I keep working at it. Hey, I finished, picked up to a run again between the 3 mile marker and the finish line so I could finish with a run, and felt energetic enough to do it all over again if I had to. That's something, right?

Hope everyone had a great weekend.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:00 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 157/136.5/140

Height: 5 ft 4 in

Just weighed in and not good results, up 1 pound, I had lower numbers during the week but not today, maybe this week will be better. I'm having trouble with bad choices, try again this week
Old 10-03-2011, 09:43 AM   #8  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

Hey all! first, congrats for the losses, Somni and Proatthis! Yaaaay!

I had a SUPER week... until saturday. I ate too much, drank a bit of alcohol and ate too salty. We had friend coming over all weekend long.. this is not an excuse though, I and only I make the choice. I'll try to be better next week.

So I have a gain of 0.6 pounds, but I'm super happy, I went running 4 times this week, completed RUn for the Cure succesfully, and had a good week overall (except the w-e, off course) I think most of it is water weight so I'm keeping my head up and looking forward
Old 10-03-2011, 10:09 AM   #9  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Well had a good week until thurs, fri, sat lol so was down 2.0 but offical weigh in up .5...but exercised 6 days last week 60 min each but managed to eat more than just my activity points, hence the gain. I will be back on track today and know I will see the loss next monday morning
Old 10-03-2011, 11:16 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

I went away for the weekend and totally forgot before I left to update last week's spreadsheet. When I get home today, I will fill in the blanks.....thankfully, I track my weight on a little calendar when i weigh in.

Hope everyone has/had/continues to have a good week!!!
Old 10-03-2011, 01:05 PM   #11  
Made of Starstuff

Way to go to everyone who's seen a loss this week and everyone who's done great with their plans for exercise and eating right!!!

And, hey, if the scale was up a bit, we've all been there... it'll be better next week! Your efforts WILL show!

I got my official weigh-in this morning: I'm down 3.1 pounds. I achieved a mini-goal. I'm into a new "decade". And I have less than 2 pounds to go to reach 50 pounds lost! If I just stay on plan, I'm pretty sure that's doable by the end of the Challenge! *very happy* Next is 15% which is only a pound away.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:36 PM   #12  
pursuer of joy

S/C/G: 198/170ish/160-???

Height: 5.6 on a tall day

Congrats to all who lost, and congrats Lovely at reaching a milestone with another just around the corner!

Tonight is chicken soup...good for the chill in the air, good for what ails you, good for the soul.

I started making not so good food choices yesterday, even tho I fall within the proper consumption range. Not sure what Wed. will show on the scale. Also, I'm off work this week, so eating is less structured (read that ... too much opportunity to eat) and TOM was due a week ago but never arrived. I guess by now it is safe to say it isn't coming this month, but I don' t know if that still makes a difference on the scale.

Anyhow, this is my week. I feel challenged.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:42 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 240/229/150 mini goal 200

Height: 5"5 1/2

Down another 2 lbs for a total of 30!
Old 10-03-2011, 08:59 PM   #14  
Back at It!

S/C/G: 238/220/170

Height: 5'4 1/2

Congrats to all the losers this week and for all for staying on plan.

I'm going to start from this week, and make a goal for the end of October.
My goal is to lose 5 pound by end of October. If I surpass that goal it would be nice. I weighed in today, but I weighed in the evening and two days after the day I normally weigh in. I didn't lose or gain. My leader said if i would have weighed in the morning I maybe would have lose 2 or more pounds.

I'll weigh in next Tuesday in the am if possible. I'm hoping for a woosh next week.

My goals are to
-track what I eat all month
-exercise 5-6 days a week
-weigh in weekly
-eat healthy

I feel super motivated right now to lose at least 5 pounds by the end of October. Have a great week everyone!
Old 10-04-2011, 09:23 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 262/Ticker/140

Height: 5' 4"

Well I found out that my scale at home is broken!! I went to my sister's house and got a totally different reading than at my home scale, so I began to doubt myself and I went to the store and weighed myself to confirm and found out my scale was indeed lying to me! I was weighing 202.4 and found out I actually weigh 209.4, it may not seem like a big difference but it is Needless to say I am super bummed out, but I will not let it get to me and keep on trying harder!
Closed Thread