Old 09-24-2011, 06:25 PM   #1  

Default Re-joining tommorow! unsure of online or meetings?

Hey!! so i lost 90lbs. 3 years ago with the old points system gained back 50 of those pound in those 3 years (ohh what love will do to your diet lol ) anyway i had a few questions

im a little nervous now that they changed it all

1. is it just as easy to follow and understand?
2. if i chose online am i still porivided with a points calculator?
3. what are the must haves to following this program

any advise is completley welcomed =]
ericamrodrigues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 07:58 PM   #2  
I Need Accountablity!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

You will have a on-line counter. I am doing WW On-line. You have to be committed to changing your way of life (eating). The weight will come off. I have lost 9 pounds in a month's time. It is not quick weight loss.

It is really easy on-line. Lots of tools to help you lose the weight. My first two weeks were rough (mainly because I was getting off the junk/sugar).

Welcome to the forum. Keep coming back here for the accountability.
WannaBeLoserAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:14 PM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericamrodrigues View Post
Hey!! so i lost 90lbs. 3 years ago with the old points system gained back 50 of those pound in those 3 years (ohh what love will do to your diet lol ) anyway i had a few questions

im a little nervous now that they changed it all

1. is it just as easy to follow and understand?
2. if i chose online am i still porivided with a points calculator?
3. what are the must haves to following this program

any advise is completley welcomed =]
Very easy to follow and understand. It's similar to the old points system. There will be a little learning curve, of course, but it only takes a couple weeks to get used to.

There's a calculator you get to use on the site, yes. And you also can download the WW application to a smartphone if you have one, and use a calculator that way.

Hmm... must haves... I'd say just take your time, and keep the Good Health Guidelines in mind. Drink water. Get in enough vegetables. Eat fruit, too, but keep it in moderation! And honestly, make sure to stock up on your favorite healthy foods so you have plenty of great meals to make.

Remember you don't have to be perfect from the start. Just start making changes and following the program. You'll be able to adjust it over time and keep working the plan.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:21 PM   #4  
Less of a Better Me

A few years ago I joined online. I found it easy to use and easy to understand. I am a regained lifetime member so I don't learn much that is new in meetings so felt I didn't really need them. I should be able to read the program, track and follow it without meeting.

But....

I didn't lose any weight. I found that for me, I needed a couple of things that the online program didn't give me. I needed to weigh in front of someone, not just weigh on my own. Also, I needed to have that weekly external goal and deadline to hold to. Going to meetings I'm always thinking about my weigh in day. I plan my week around it in some ways. I rarely eat out within 2 or 3 days of weigh in, for example.

Doing it at home, I didn't have that external deadline. It was easy to say on Friday that I would go out to eat and weigh in on Monday instead of Saturday. I was constantly saying I would get on track next week or tomorrow.

So -- for me -- I found that even though I don't hear anything new in meetings that I do better when I go to meetings. I realize not everyone is like me. Many can follow the program totally online and do well. I just know that I don't.

For me
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 07:19 AM   #5  
Go Blue!

S/C/G: 286.8/180.6/145

They also have the monthly pass where for $39.95 a month you get access to the meetings and online tools. They often run a deal to get the first month free too, not sure if they are at the moment though.

I like doing this because it's the best of both worlds. The etools are great and help so much, and the meetings can be very motivating. The meeting I usually go to is pretty packed so when people celebrate, wow that's a boisterous celebration. It's just good, positive energy that recharges me for the week.

But if you choose to do just online, coming to the forums here can be great at helping you with any challenges/questions that arise.
Somni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 05:35 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/130

Height: 5'0

I do monthly pass and I love it. It works out to be the cheapest option, I did a lot of research. I get e-tools, the app on my phone and unlimited meetings with 1 weigh in a week. I really do like the program!
MrsD2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 06:18 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 206/189.2/135

Height: 5'4"

I could have totally written this, except I'm not a lifetime member, but all those reasons are EXACTLY why I got the monthly pass....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshka View Post
A few years ago I joined online. I found it easy to use and easy to understand. I am a regained lifetime member so I don't learn much that is new in meetings so felt I didn't really need them. I should be able to read the program, track and follow it without meeting.

But....

I didn't lose any weight. I found that for me, I needed a couple of things that the online program didn't give me. I needed to weigh in front of someone, not just weigh on my own. Also, I needed to have that weekly external goal and deadline to hold to. Going to meetings I'm always thinking about my weigh in day. I plan my week around it in some ways. I rarely eat out within 2 or 3 days of weigh in, for example.

Doing it at home, I didn't have that external deadline. It was easy to say on Friday that I would go out to eat and weigh in on Monday instead of Saturday. I was constantly saying I would get on track next week or tomorrow.

So -- for me -- I found that even though I don't hear anything new in meetings that I do better when I go to meetings. I realize not everyone is like me. Many can follow the program totally online and do well. I just know that I don't.

For me
lots2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 06:51 PM   #8  
One Pound at a Time

S/C/G: 190/149/150

Height: 5'6"

It depends really on how strong your commitment is. I go to meetings and I can guarantee you I wouldn't be halfway to where I am now if I was an online only person. I need the accountability and the pressure of those other people urging me on. Plus, it helps to make friends at meetings to keep you on track.
OnceUponADrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 06:09 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 206/189.2/135

just wondering which one you decided to go with
lots2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:48 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 152/148.5/125

Height: 5"2'

I find i can easily be accountable to myself, so I do online and have lost 5 lbs in three weeks. Also I dig that I can use my iPhone, iPad, and my computer to track. Never without a reason to track!
mcorbesato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:02 PM   #11  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Height: 5'5"

I've done meetings in the past and never liked them. Most of that had to do with my leader. My first leader was AMAZING, but then I went away to college and had to switch meetings and I just didn't feel as motivated or inspired, not that it's my leader's fault that I went off track, obviously. That's entirely on me. But the support group dynamic changed and I've never found another meeting as good as that first one.

Personally I prefer online. I keep MYSELF accountable and I'm finding more success doing it that way. After all, I'm the one who is going to have to keep me accountable for the rest of my life. And 3FC is like it's own little WW meeting.

That being said, the local WW meeting is moving locations and is going to be within walking distance at work so I might check it out. Just to see. It's been years since I went to a meeting, so who knows. Maybe this one is one that I'll like. And plenty of my coworkers go to this one.
Tudor Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 11:21 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

I don't have any meetings near me except for one in the evening and I work at night, so I opted for the online one.. I find it really good.. I used to go to another weight loss program and had to drive quite far from my home twice a week. I soon lost interest and was running up mileage on my truck.. I did it because I needed the accountability but it soon became tedious and I felt like if I didn't lose at least 1 pound at each weigh in they were thinking I was eating off plan.. I have learned alot since then and find the online one is working great for me.. Maybe not for everyone, but I reallly like it..

Ronnie
RonnieAdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:58 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 176/166.2/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshka View Post

But....

For me
I totally agree! I just re-joined at a meeting instead of online, find that I really need the accountability and support that I just don't get online.
strega*luna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:40 PM   #14  

S/C/G: see ticker

I don't want to spend the time in meetings. I am a working mom to a one year old (who stays home with my husband during the day) and I want to spend as much time as possible with both of my guys, and my dogs, during the week.

Also, if I don't record my weight accurately, I'm not really benefitting from the program, so why should I bother spending the money just to lie to myself? I can lie to myself for free. I just don't see the point in "fudging" numbers or skipping weigh-ins.

I think I am just so much more committed this time, more so than ever before, and I am so glad to be losing ina healthy way.
BettyBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 07:18 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 231/222.7/156

Height: 5'2"

I personally prefer the monthly pass. I go to meetings once a week so that I can "see" others weight loss and to have some "real" accountability. Me personally weighing myself isn't good. I also love to hear the different topics and ideas on how to move forward with this journey. Plus, I still get to use the online etools via my phone and computer. Just depends on what your needs are. I love people so it's great for me!
MOTIVATEDMOMOF1 is offline   Reply With Quote