Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 10:57 AM   #31  
Doing something for me!

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/125-135

Height: 5'4"

Lovely - I like the idea of green, yellow, red foods. I need to make a list of these.
One of my definite red foods is pizza. I can't stop myself lol.

clsuits - Congrats on throwing it out! I find it hard to throw food away or waste it...smh. I want your willpower!
Old 09-16-2011, 06:13 PM   #32  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

I love the stoplight approach! And think I will adopt it and give it a whirl!

I am a big frustarted lately I have been eating below my points only because I am listening my satisfaction level and just not hungry and my weith loss has slowed down to .5 this week urgg.

Any advice???

oh on another subject I carry in my purse a baggie with baby carrots and celery, sometimes cherry tomatoes so when I am tempted I just reach for my legal snack
Old 09-16-2011, 07:23 PM   #33  
Laurie

S/C/G: 190/186/165

Height: 5'7"

Nancy - I am serving at a wedding reception tomorrow evening and am not sure what type of food they will have. I think I'll take cues from you and put some legal veggies in a baggie and throw it in my purse. Just in case!! Thanks for posting this idea.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:51 PM   #34  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancylmrn View Post
I love the stoplight approach! And think I will adopt it and give it a whirl!

I am a big frustarted lately I have been eating below my points only because I am listening my satisfaction level and just not hungry and my weith loss has slowed down to .5 this week urgg.

Any advice???

oh on another subject I carry in my purse a baggie with baby carrots and celery, sometimes cherry tomatoes so when I am tempted I just reach for my legal snack
It's awesome that you're listening to your hunger signals! I would say, though, that if you're looking to get in a few more Points that you first try "regular" versions of foods.

For example, if you've been using skim milk or fat free yogurts or cheeses... that you actually buy the Full Fat versions. Higher Points, but same volume, so you can squeeze in a couple more points to your day without feeling overly full.

Remember that nuts and peanut butter/nut butters are a non-filling way to boost points.

Keep in mind that while we're trying to lose weight, our bodies aren't always working "with us". They -want- to hold onto extra fat, it's in our genes! So, there are going to be weeks when things are slower.

Don't fret. There will also be weeks when things are faster. Go with the flow for a little while. Then, after some time, you can check for patterns or look to improve things if there's anything to be improved.

As another note: If things get too frustrating down the road, you can always create a new thread and list a week's worth of your meals if you want people to critique what you're eating or how much. Keep an open mind, you don't have to listen to every single bit of advice if it doesn't fit, but you might actually find a few pointers on how to improve your food choices, etc.
Old 09-18-2011, 06:18 PM   #35  
pursuer of joy

S/C/G: 198/170ish/160-???

Height: 5.6 on a tall day

Happy Sunday folks. As we start a new week in the challenge, I hope we can all have progress of some sort this week. If there are hurdles to be jumped, may we make it across to the other side; if there is something to be learned, may it be a light bulb moment for us. May we get more comfortable with planning and tracking and eating properly and may we all in the end see something positive for our efforts.

I posted on another challenge that I'd like to continue to stay off the scale until official weigh ins on Wednesday. It really is like an itch that wants scratching! So that is my goal this week, until Wednesday .

clsuits -- it took a lot to get rid of that triggery food, I'm sure. Congrats on that.

Hugs to all, Donna
Old 09-18-2011, 09:15 PM   #36  

S/C/G: SW 268/ CW 202.4/ GW 150

Height: 5'1

Just updated the spreadsheet. I'm down 2.4 this week I need to do better about eating more often again this week.... only 9 days left of my challenge.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:09 PM   #37  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

That is really a good challenge, 1234chicksinger! Personnaly I get on the scale every single morning, but only update ticker on friday official WI... I'm a bad girl lol

It's WI tomorrow morning for week 2 of the challenge, but I overate tonight, I had friends over for dinner and I cooked A LOT. I LOOOVE to cook... I was an healthy meal, except the dessert :S I ALWAYS do bad on weekend. *sigh* well. we'll see tomorrow!
Old 09-19-2011, 08:37 AM   #38  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Well a disapointing week for me to be sure only down .5 but I will continure to stick with it. On Wednesday I start my very first visit to a gym. I got this great deal 5 weeks with 5 session with a personel trainer for 10.00 so I am hoping this will get me kick started.

I adjusted my goal for this challenge too 15lbs was a bit unrealistic considering it has been 2 weeks with only 1.5 loss so I think a 7lbs for this challenge is more realistic for me
Old 09-19-2011, 08:44 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 157/136.5/140

Height: 5 ft 4 in

Just weighed in and up .5. probably fluid because I was down .5 yesterday morning but ate a lot of salt yesterday, this week I exercise 3 times and try to eat better. last week I was bored and frustrated with choosing healthy foods so I made a lot of not so good choices
Old 09-19-2011, 09:35 AM   #40  
Made of Starstuff

Hey everyone! The new week's thread is Right over here!
Closed Thread