Old 06-28-2011, 12:06 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 176/173/155

Height: 5'7

Question How do you play with your "plus" points?

Just curious how you guys work your weekly allotment of "plus" points... Do you stick to your daily points limit and blow them on a splurge in one day? Do you use them here and there throughout the week? Do you just ignore them? Have you used them all every week? What are the results?

I completed my first week and used all 48 of them, plus I earned about 23 activity points that I used, and I still lost 3.2 lbs. Last week, I used a little every day (basically giving myself 32ish points per day) and then saved a chunk of them and my activity points for splurging at a party. This week I'm trying to stick to my daily point number so that I can use my "bonus" points for Fri/Sat 4th of July festivities. We'll see how this goes; hopefully I still get some good results!
kariatari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 07:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 219/179/130

Height: 5'3

Weight watchers says that your weekly points are meant to be used but I don't use them very often. My goal is to stay within my daily points because I find that is plenty of food and using my weeklies makes me feel like I've indulged too much and overeaten. Of course there are some weeks where I have a party or special occasion to go to and I don't have to be perfect because I know I have those 49 points as a backup. That's just me though! I know a lot of people on here have results using their weeklies in different ways.
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 08:49 AM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Most weeks I eat them here and there just as I see fit. If I'm not hungry for them, then I don't eat them. However, if I have an event coming up, I plan them out for that one day.

So... it depends on what I have going on in my life! That's why I like that they're so flexible.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:27 AM   #4  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Height: 5'5"

It totally depends on the week. Some weeks I use a few every day, some I save them for the weekend (which I'm doing this week since I have cookouts this weekend). Some weeks I eat all 49 points, some I eat only half. I don't really follow a set guideline with the weeklies, but I've been pretty consistant with losing weight so it works for me!
Tudor Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:48 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 202.8/see ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

I don't usually dip into my extra points, at most I will use 5. I never use my exercise points at all. I eat normal, and even doing that, most days I can only get to 26 or so points (my alotment is 29 points). Talked to my leader about that, and she said that 29 is a goal to shoot for, but if I can't make it, as long as I am eating enough that I am satisfied and getting my good health guidelines in, I am okay.
SkineeMinnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 11:24 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 222/ 168/ STG 160/ LTG 145

Height: 5'4"

I realized I wasn't doing PP entirely accurately about 1 month in, so I probably dipped into my weeklies more than I realized- which explains the aggravating plateau I was experiencing. Now that I know what I'm doing (I hope!), I'm eating all my dailies, none of my weeklies, and sometimes dip into my activity points.
girlsenberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:39 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 270/134.8/135

Height: 5'2"

I use them if I need them - if I know we have a splurge meal, I save them for that but I don't really have any rules for using them. Some weeks I don't use them at all or use a few but sometimes I do use them along with all my APs. I lose consistently so I'm not too worried about it right now.
jessper17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:08 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 185/ticker/135

Height: 61"

it really depends on my week. this week i have used more than usual because i wanted zaxby's and a few other splurges. I still have some left.

during a normal week I keep them in case I go over during the day. I like to have dessert so I know that I can always have it if I have weeklies.
dj mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 02:44 AM   #9  

S/C/G: SW 268/ CW 202.4/ GW 150

Height: 5'1

Lately I find if I don't eat them I don't lose, but I think that is partly because of my increased activity. I usually save them for after I weight in and just give myself a day where I don't have to track and assume I use them all *laughs* I doubt I do, but I assume so anyway
patchymama is offline   Reply With Quote