Old 02-18-2011, 02:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 256/155/140

Height: 5'5

Default Feeling a little discouraged

Hi Everyone

This morning I hopped on my scale as I usually do every morning and I was surprised to see a gain of more than 3lbs! I think it's due to all the medications I'm taking but I let that number dictate my mood today and I swore I would never do that. Last week when I weighed in and saw I was out of the 170's I was so happy because it took me over 2 months to get to the 160's and here I am back in the 70's.

I was only 0.8 away from reaching the 100lb mark and now I'm further away which I think is the reason I feel so discouraged. Just thought I'd share my thoughts because I was seriously thinking about going on a binge but decided to post instead.
KimberlyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 240ish/180/165

Height: 5'9"

Hi Kim---I totally had the exact same experience today! I was up 2.2 from the day before, and at my last weight-in, I was only 2.2 away from my first 10 lbs with WW I really thought I would get the 2.2 off this week, not put an additional 2.2! I know it is water-weight/stress/TOM that is causing the increase, but I was so looking forward to getting my first 'award/reward' at WW tomorrow

Its hard not to get down like that every now and then, but you have to remember how far you've come! You are so close, and even though it might take another week or two to reach your HUGE MILESTONE!, you will still get there really soon

Today, I am just drinking crazy amounts of water and hoping to flush some of this out, hoping the scale will be back to where it was yesterday when I go and weigh in tomorrow---if I show a gain, life goes on!

But don't get me wrong, I have been 100% on plan this week and even worked out more than the week before, so I completely understand your frustration.
sfree13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:47 PM   #3  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

*HUGS*

It's okay- this is just something temporary- do not let it discourage you- I bet tomorrow you'll be back down again- sometimes our bodies can react funny to changes in medication- just keep pushing on. You have done amazing so far!
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:58 PM   #4  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Aw Kim It'll be ok! It may have set you back a little but you know you can bounce back quickly in no time! Remember, you've been sick and etc for a while. Just keep going!! You can do it!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 03:28 PM   #5  
Marianne

S/C/G: 310/285/135

Height: 5'4"

I know how you feel...and we've talked about it. I've been stuck in the 280's for a month now, flip flopping up and down...it'll happen...and you could very well be at your 100lb goal next week. You'll get there...even if it takes an extra week.
mmel3283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 03:32 PM   #6  
A chick on a mission!

S/C/G: 229/ticker/145

Height: 5'4.5

wOw, Look how far you've come! You are the type of person on 3FC I look up to--just a little rock on your way down the mountain you've already climbed!
Ladybird1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 09:16 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 256/155/140

Height: 5'5

Thanks guys =D

My scale is down a little today but nowhere neare where it was Tuesday. I have a feeling I'm going to show a gain next week and only because I'm not back down to my previous weight of 168. I seriously think it was Tussionex I was prescribed for my cough, it contains Hydrocodone and after the first day I started taking it I noticed a gain. I didn't think that could possibly make me gain so I took it a second night and sure enough, another gain!

All I can do is stay on track, keep tracking, and try to fit a few days worth of exercise in this week. It's been hard for me to get to the gym but today I'm going to Zumba and am going to try to make it through the entire class.

Hope everyone is having an awesome weekend!
KimberlyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 09:45 AM   #8  
WW Moderator

Aww Kim I'm sorry! I know you are right there on the brink of a big milestone! I'm glad you came here and posted instead of eating. Keep your nose to the grindstone and you'll cross over! How is Momentum working for you, other than this setback? Did you start losing again after you switched back?
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 02:35 AM   #9  
Marianne

S/C/G: 310/285/135

I'm on hydro for pain...and it makes me retain water like mad...and I drink a lot of water and crystal light...I got a pack of water pills I take one once in a while when it gets really bad.
mmel3283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:29 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 209.5/ticker/150

Don't be discouraged Kim. You are doing so great! I know I was bummed last Monday because I had worked so hard and only lost .5 for the week, but this morning I was down 4 lbs. I know I didn't actually lose 4 this week - I think I was just retaining water (or something) last week so I finally saw the loss today.

Don't worry - it will happen!!! I loved your recent blog post BTW - it was cool to see what you eat everyday.
chubbymommy724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:54 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 248/167/150

Height: 5'6

Weight fluctuations happen for me all the time. I go to the meetings once per week, but then i cheat and step on the scale several times per week. Like you, i let my weight dictate my moods and if i see a gain i feel crappy about myself, and if i see im down in numbers i am SO happy. My friend told me to throw away the scale and not keep one at home that i can step on all the time. Since starting the program i feel obsessed about my weight and the points.

What i have learned is that... our bodies will retain fluids easily. Our water weight will change day after day. Thats why they say not to weigh yourself daily. you will get discouraged. Just do what you can, stick to it, be accountable and just wait till your weekly weigh in.

I am tired of beating myself up over slight up and downs. We can all do this. I have to realize it didnt take me overnight to put the weight on, so it will take some time and a great deal of patience to get rid of it. I think you are doing wonderful
mercuryblue is offline   Reply With Quote