Old 12-28-2010, 05:24 PM   #1  
active kids, active mom

Default Switched from CC to WW

I am really liking the P+ plan. I used to think that WW points was just another step to CC, and don't know enough about the old plan to say whether or not I still think that. This plan, however, really focusses on nutrition and I LOVE that. I am making very healthy choices without worrying that a carrot is going to send me over my calories. I was even able to bypass the usual post-holiday sugar-withdrawl.

I am not sure how I feel about the official WW message boards yet, though. I am trying to understand why there seems to be an air of discontent, usually responded to with some unpleasant sarcasm, on the official WW boards. Am I just reading that wrong? Is it just that it is in writing?

I am debating whether or not to stick with online or go to meetings. From what I have seen, it is double to go to the meetings. Does that sound right?
knitsforfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 05:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

I switched from CC to WW too. (And I stay away from those boards.) I pay $39/month for the monthly pass which gets me meetings and etools. It seems to be the cheapest way, and I have access to the tracker on my computer and my phone.

I'm down about 4 pounds since I started a few weeks ago, and I'm eating so much better than when I was just CC. I needed the additional nudges in the right direction from WW.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 06:16 PM   #3  

@knitsforfive: I agree with seagirl. I stay away from the WW message boards too. They are so sarcastic. I used to participate on those boards 10 years ago, but quit because of that. I lurk every once in a while just to see if it has changed. It never has. But for the life of me I don't know why WW tolerates that on their boards. Whether they realize it or not, it is a reflection on them. I think the people who do all that snipping over there, were unpopular in high school and they've finally found themselves a platform. I know I'm sounding like Dr Phil. But, seriously, I just don't get it. I only really had experience with the General Thread, some of the other areas may be okay. Good luck on your WW journey.
fit40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 06:22 PM   #4  

Height: 5'5

I was once pretty active on the canadian ww board and it wasn't as supportive as here but I didn't find it that bad. The american board was a lot snarkier if I remember. There is also a british board. You may want to have a look at different countries.
cherrypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 06:33 PM   #5  
Strong is the new thin!

S/C/G: 178/152/close enough

Height: 5'9 1/2"

I did notice on the Canadian board that there was quite a bit of negativity. It's a lot friendlier on here.
river is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:11 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/160

Height: 5 ft 3ish

Not a fan of WW boards. I do like that they are very active, so if you need a quick answer you can usually get one there. There is an overall air of snarkiness though. I don't get it really?

I'm racking my brain...what is CC?
HeaterAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:12 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

calorie counting
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:14 PM   #8  
Less of a Better Me

I don't really care for the WW boards. I just think that there are too many restrictions on what you can say (I understand why but still) and some people are such cheerleaders for WW they can't hear a word that is remotely negative.

knitsforfive - I don't recall how much the difference was between just doing it online and doing the monthly pass. For me, just doing it online just didn't work and I really needed the meetings to actually do well. I sort of wish I could do it just online but, well, I can't.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:28 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 172.8/168/145 maybe?

Height: 5'2

You know what I like, finally in my life belonging to a group doing the same thing. Trying our best to eat healthy.

I've been wanting to do this since Richard Simmons days but. I didn't get it. Is aid I can eat what I want and exercise. Well, no wonder I never got to where I was happy with me.

It's the darn food choices. I'm so frigging glad to have finally got here. Just cant say enough.

I don't know about the snarky stuff as I'm new. I don't have the old stuff to compare and I know I'm doing something that others do.

Im not segregated to buy Jenny Craig food or shipped in food.

I'm just happy cause I know I'm going to make my goal. Healthy!!!!! And exercise that I like. Not pounding my cartillage to death trying to do Cathy or Joni, or Christy.

I'm glad to be here. You are all cool.

Those boards. I cant find my posts and gave up.

Last edited by tytbody; 12-29-2010 at 02:39 PM.
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 08:22 AM   #10  

I have monthly pass but I was wondering if I can also use it in Canada? I will be visiting "my man" for 2 months in April and May and was wanting to attend meetings. I know I can call and ask, but thought someone here might know.
TexNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 03:21 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/160

Height: 5 ft 3ish

calorie counting! *smacks head*

LOL, the most obvious answer is usually the right one
HeaterAS is offline   Reply With Quote