Old 12-20-2010, 03:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 256/155/140

Height: 5'5

Default Taking a break..

Once a week I have a high calorie day where I combine both my daily and entire weekly points allowance. Before my body could handle this much food in one day but Saturday night I really overdid it. I don't even think I consumed half the points and I was uncomfortably stuffed that evening. I went to bed and woke up at 2am REALLY nauseated and I knew it was because I ate too much. I don't think I can have the high calorie days anymore and the reason I was doing them was to prevent myself from going overboard. I thought if I could have that one day set aside per week, the rest of the week would run pretty smoothly but it's really making me sick. Also, when I do have my HC days I don't eat a lot of garbage - I don't go crazy on bags of chips, candy bars, etc. I do have extra feta cheese, chicken, LF salad dressing if I'm having a large salad as opposed to accurately measuring one serving. So I'm taking a break for a while!!
KimberlyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 03:56 PM   #2  
Amazing will be me

I always have a day set a side and sometimes it can be worse for me than good. i know what you mean.
If i have to much it makes me feel ill then i can feel slugish for days after. So sometimes i think i should make it a fortnightly thing or even once a month. But sometimes its sheer social pressure that makes me callopse
lucky8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 03:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 172.8/168/145 maybe?

Height: 5'2

just don't eat as much on your *free days*. i had cooked some extra bacon for my grandchildren, thought I'd love it. I was messed up the whole day and I don't know if it's cause I ate too many or what. I usually can eat 3 and be fine but I guess along with the waffles, I was not a good girl.

So that night I couldn't wait to flush out and get it going. I drank water and ate more veggies. I was wondering if it were me being upset with the kids but I know it had something to do with that awesome bacon.

Doesn't mean I won't eat it again but I'll keep to the portion size I'm suppose to.

I know it can make a difference once we get used to eating better.

Thanks for the post to remind me, I'm not really missing anything. Foe real...
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 05:14 PM   #4  
Strong is the new thin!

S/C/G: 178/152/close enough

Height: 5'9 1/2"

I don't think I could eat all my DP and WP in a day. However, I know that I could drink them (in the form of fun adult beverages champagne, martinis, beers). I would feel sick for sure, but I would have fun doing it.

I ate out Sat night and was careful about what I ordered, and I still had to chew a rolaid on the drive home. I guess our bodies adjust quickly to improved eating habits and protest when we go off the rails.
river is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 05:24 PM   #5  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

I'm not a "Weight Watcher", but I just wanted to make a suggestion to the OP. IMHO Free DAYS dont' seem to work for many people, however, you can still have a FREE meal, that is a higher calorie meal, with higher fat, carbs and protein. Just keep your portion sizes relatively normal.

This is worked for me since the September 2010. I do it once a week. I have my Jamaican Food (YUM), and I'm sorry, but every time I eat it...there is just no way it's authentic yummyness could ever be replaced with a low fat/cal version...NO WAY!!! It's good for my mind and also my fat loss. It keeps my metabolism revved. On weeks where I don't take my FREE/CHEAT meal, I either don't lose or lose alot less.

Just my 2 cents.
joyfulloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 09:10 PM   #6  

Before joining Weight Watchers I went through many years of binge eating (Since I was a kid) so I knew I had to have that one single day where I could pretty much eat anything within reason of course. At first I could consume all of my daily points along with the extra on the old plan, now I'm finding it really hard to eat like I used to because there are more points which means more food. Up to this point it has worked out but now I am getting sick, so sick that I almost have to run to the bathroom so I know there is something wrong with this picture! I conquered my daily binge eating but now it seems I am giving myself the excuse to go crazy and I don't want to go back to where I was almost a year ago, not a pretty place. I think what I'll do now is have one meal a week that's higher in calories as opposed to eating 3 extra meals on top of 3 that have already been consumed in a day.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:15 PM   #7  
Strong is the new thin!

S/C/G: 178/152/close enough

Height: 5'9 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberlyP View Post
I think what I'll do now is have one meal a week that's higher in calories as opposed to eating 3 extra meals on top of 3 that have already been consumed in a day.
Great strategy!

I used to binge too, for me bingeing wasn't really about food. I haven't struggled with binges for a few years. It's a hard thing to stop.
river is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 09:57 PM   #8  

that will work Kimberly. in Bill Philips book, Eating for LIfe. He does recommend it. When he does those 12 challenge things, one day off is allowed. So, you make it one meal and that is delicious. LIke if I could eat what I wanted for Chinese food and not count calories. But then, I'd say, my pocketbook would say, now you spend 18 + dollars on that meal, was it worth it? lol
Old 12-20-2010, 10:06 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
that will work Kimberly. in Bill Philips book, Eating for LIfe. He does recommend it. When he does those 12 challenge things, one day off is allowed. So, you make it one meal and that is delicious. LIke if I could eat what I wanted for Chinese food and not count calories. But then, I'd say, my pocketbook would say, now you spend 18 + dollars on that meal, was it worth it? lol
You're absolutely right! I need to check out that book I can't wait until Wednesday morning gets here so I can start a fresh new week and forget this week. The night I was sick, I sat in the bathroom trying my best not to get sick and I never want to experience that again.

Sometimes I really do ask myself that question after a meal, was it really worth it? Was it worth feeling bloated and nauseated? On my high calorie days I strictly eat for taste and that tends to get me in trouble sometimes. Now I'm going to stop and ask myself if it's really worth it?
Old 12-20-2010, 10:15 PM   #10  

we learn. I know once we feel that bloated thing again, it reminds me, why I started this journey. That was horrible. Now that it's gone and I can breath under my bra line, I feel great, most days.

they say also in WW to do this so that we don't go eating the whole sleeve of Oreo cookies. I can eat 3 and close it back up now. Before, ha, I ate until I don't know what. Now, I enjoy those 3 little cookies in my hand, with my 4 oz glass of milk and say, that was nice.

lol
Old 12-21-2010, 05:01 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Kim do you count pts on that free day? just curious.. when I did ww several years ago I'd give myself a free day and not count pts (just one day) I'd consider my daily and weekly pts done and be good the rest of the week and I lost 70 lbs that way.. this time though I'm seeming to have to count everything for sure but it's still working so I'm ok with that so I was just curious how you were doing your free day
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 12:20 PM   #12  

Why do you have a day to undo the good you have done? Seems counter productive and it could lead to more off program days.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 12:37 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 168 / 168 / 130

Height: 5.6

I think it is very important to have a day or two a week that you give yourself a little more freedom than the other days as long as you don't over do it too much. This has worked for me for many years. If I am told I have to eat perfectly everyday then that is a diet and diets don't work.
SweetyKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 02:50 PM   #14  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 250/check tracker/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfulloser View Post
I'm not a "Weight Watcher", but I just wanted to make a suggestion to the OP. IMHO Free DAYS dont' seem to work for many people, however, you can still have a FREE meal, that is a higher calorie meal, with higher fat, carbs and protein. Just keep your portion sizes relatively normal.

This is worked for me since the September 2010. I do it once a week. I have my Jamaican Food (YUM), and I'm sorry, but every time I eat it...there is just no way it's authentic yummyness could ever be replaced with a low fat/cal version...NO WAY!!! It's good for my mind and also my fat loss. It keeps my metabolism revved. On weeks where I don't take my FREE/CHEAT meal, I either don't lose or lose alot less.

Just my 2 cents.

This!

I am a weight watcher and doing a whole day is just to much for me. I usually don't use all of my weekly points anyway. So I just use one meal to splurge a little and use up some of my weekly points. I have one meal a week that is overindulgent and I savor every bite. That way I don't feel sick for the next three days and I can get back on track quickly. It's worked for me so far.
tschaff04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 03:07 PM   #15  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

OP, remember, your also "retraining" your eating habits...so...enjoy, watch your portions...and I promise you...you will NOT regret it! You'll also feel pride in being able to live a little...moderately!

tytbody - Might I suggest the "lunch special"...it's a lot cheaper! lol! mmmm...luv me sum chinese food!

Friday is my cheat meal/off plan meal/yummy meal (whatever you like to call it..haha). It will be, yes, Jamaican food again...why? Because it's soooo darn good! Knowing that I have this meal, makes it soooo much easier for me to stay on plan all week....also knowing that it will HELP with my fat loss...makes it even that much more pleasurable to eat...YES!

Last edited by joyfulloser; 12-21-2010 at 03:09 PM.
joyfulloser is offline   Reply With Quote