Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2002, 03:05 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Thin4Life - Week of October 7th

Good afternoon everyone!

Must be a busy Monday for everyone. It's cool here today and the temps are only in the low 60's which is quite a bit cooler than the mid 80's we experienced on Friday.

Weekend was crazy as usual and my eating wasn't all that great. Back on track today though

Did everyone have a nice weekend?
Old 10-07-2002, 03:55 PM   #2  
si, si signora

Hi Melissa and everyone else.

We had a pretty okay weekend. Ate a bit too much and questioned every stinking bite I ate, so it wasn't too good. However, it didn't stop me from indulging in stuff I wouldn't have touched months ago.

Okay, taking the hit (whack) and moving on.

Bought a couple hundred more bulbs this weekend. Mulched, planted, raked and pruned all Sunday. Made a nice potato leek soup from our garden.

Other than that, did nothing of note. I'm getting rared up for 25 lb delivery of halibut tonight, so I'll be cleaning out my freezer and
arranging for dry ice and a cooler to take this stuff to my folks.

lala
Old 10-07-2002, 05:48 PM   #3  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

It's been another tough week. Real bad money problems. I just hope that I didn't gain again this week.

BTW has anyone heard from Laurel. I miss her on the journal threads. I hope she is OK.
Old 10-08-2002, 01:12 PM   #4  
si, si signora

Oh Myra,
I'm sending you good vibes. I also wonder where Miss Laurel is hiding out. Perhaps, she is in Italy with Patch?

Its grey here and I have little motivation here at work. Oh, other than deadlines. I managed to control my appetite last night. I actually went to the gym at 9 pm and got in a nice workout. I went this morning because I have an evening commitment. So, I can give myself a nice star for the day. I'm trying to get in the hour a day. Its easier with another dog in the house, she is a nice fast walker unlike Jacques.

I hope everyone is enjoying the coming fall weather. The leaves are changing here.

take care,
lala
Old 10-08-2002, 01:27 PM   #5  
Lifetimer

The colors are taking their time here in NY state. Really not much cold weather yet. Haven't had a real frost yet, which is weird for this region. I can't wait until they really change especially where I am living now. There is a field here overlooking some beautiful almost mountain-like hills. It will be absolutely stunning to walk there when things peak.

I'm still struggling with stress and this blood sugar issue and my weight loss (what loss? I've gained the past two weeks) has suffered. I weigh in tomorrow and am petrified at what the scales will say.

I hope everyone is having a good week.
Old 10-09-2002, 08:20 AM   #6  

Happy Hump Day; it's another gorgeous day here and they predict more of the same for the long (Canadian) Thanksgiving weekend. Today's is DH's birthday;I'm treating him to one night's stay at a quaint little inn about 90 minutes away in the Annapolis Vally. We're going on Saturday with another couple and will bring our bikes. I've got my fingers crossed that the autumn show of colours will be at its peak.

My eating/weight continues to be an issue. I don't like how I feel, but can't seem to get back on track and stay there. Part of the problem has been all of the high-calorie snacks that I've allowed to creep back into the house over the past month or so. The other is that I've become blissfully unconscious of what I'm putting in my mouth. Time to recommit to a daily jounal.

Myra: Hang in there. Both of the issues you mention are difficult to deal with while trying to lose or even maintain. You'll get through this.

lala: Good for you on making the gym a priority. Kudos for getting out at 9 pm. You couldn't get me out of the house for a workout at that time of night with a crowbar...

Melissa: Hi!

Domina: How was the weekend in Chicago? And the marathon?

Laurel: Where are you?

Patch: Are we still targetting another challenge? I'm ready and time you are!
Old 10-09-2002, 08:27 AM   #7  

Good morning!

Myra: I hope things get better for you. I am a stress eater as well so I hear you on the weight going up. Sending you good vibes for your weigh in today. : We've been experiencing some cold weather and the outlying areas dropped down to the low 30's but in town where I'm at the temps dipped only to the 40's. Forecasters here are saying that the leaves will not be as pretty because of how dry our summer was. I've noticed the leaves are much duller this year and are turning brown rather than the bright crimson and orange.

Lala: We've actually been having sunny weather here and I haven't been able to get outside to enjoy it. I've had something going on each day at noon so I haven't been able to get out and walk. I'm hoping to get out tomorrow at noon and walk. I was finally able to get to my yoga class on Monday and can feel the muscles in my sides...it's a good ache

I think everyone has gone AWOL from here...Laurel, Katie, Domina, and everyone else...where are ya???

Oh yea, the other big news on my end is my DS passed his driver's license test so now he's able to drive without an adult. It's scary on my end because it's another step indicating he's getting ready to graduate and move on to college. Not much else going on here...I'm trying to stay within points although last evening the Cheetos called my name and I ended up eating way too many of those buggers.

Have a good day all!
Old 10-09-2002, 03:16 PM   #8  
si, si signora

Hi all,

I agree. Its quiet in here. I guess everyone is busy.

Susan- sounds like you have a nice weekend planned for DH. We had our anniversary last month and have yet to celebrate it. I guess we'll wait until London next month.

I understand about those high calorie snacks- I'm just going to pass those aisles at Trader Joes.

The trees are nice here, but nothing like the east coast.

feel free to post on the journal thread.

Melissa- Yikes, the driver's liscence. Good luck. Its going to be nice here this weekend. Looks like more yard work for me and about 500 bulbs to go into the ground.

The exciting news to report is I cleaned out our wrapping paper, easter egg and paper area under our stairs. Its all organized now and I managed to get rid of a case of really bad champagne to boot.

Now, off to do work. I am not having a very productive day, though I have a deadline coming up.

later ladies,
lala
Old 10-09-2002, 04:06 PM   #9  
Lifetimer

Good news. I finally posted a loss after two weeks of gains. Not much -- I relost the .8 that I gained last week -- but it is a loss.
Old 10-09-2002, 07:51 PM   #10  
si, si signora

way to go Myra.
I'm going to weigh in this week. I'm depressed about my ever increasing girth, but what the hey, I might as well pay WW too.

lala
Old 10-10-2002, 07:32 AM   #11  

Congratulations on the loss Myra. I'll take .8 any day.

Gee, lala, you've really taken this flylady stuff to heart. I am so impressed with all of the de-cluttering you've been doing. I managed to clean out our storage room last weekend. It was driving me round the bend - every time I went in there I tripped over something. It's looking a lot better now.

Hey, Melissa, I can understand your feelings about your son's growing indendence. But just think - no more playing chauffeur (at least for one of them). There is a bright side

Going skating at lunchtime. The rink is across the street from my office building, so it should be an easy way to get an hour's exercise in. Too bad they only have the noontime skate one day a week. I think it's mid-morning on other weekdays.

Nothing much new here. Looking forward to the weekend. Where's Patch? We need a challenge!
Old 10-10-2002, 04:50 PM   #12  
si, si signora

Hi everyone,
Just gently falling asleep at my desk. This 4 am once a week drive to the airport will be tiring.

Nothing much going on here. My mom is coming to visit next week, so I'll be doing a quick refrigerator clean out tonight. I am taking some of the flylady stuff to heart. I also am tired of clutter. Its cluttering up my brain too. I think its a bit preachy and aimed at women who work from the home.

Susan, good for you and getting cleaning out the storage area.

Getting depressed listening to the coverage on the war resolution here.....

Hope everyone has a nice Thursday!

lala
Old 10-11-2002, 09:41 AM   #13  

TGIF!!! This seems to have been the longest week! I kept thinking yesterday was Friday...

The temps continue to be cool here and next week we're supposed to be even cooler with highs only in the mid 50's. Definitely time to pull out the Fall clothing. I'm in need of a couple of tops and may just have to do a little shopping

Myra: Congrats on the loss!

Susan: It is helpful now that he has his license as he can drive himself places. Surprisingly he hasn't asked about taking the car out. He will be driving by himself on Saturday when he goes to take his SAT's.

Lala: I wish I could do some de-cluttering *sigh* I start off good and then lose steam. I'm hoping to go through some things in my room over the weekend that I've let go. I also need to tackle the spare room.

Where's Patch?? We need our challenge! Maybe she decided to take an extended trip....

No major plans for the weekend. I'm working at WW on Saturday morning (7:15 a.m.) and after that am hoping to do some things around the house. Temps are supposed be in the low 70's so I may just have to put the outdoor furniture away and wash my car. I'd also like to tackle putting away things in my room. Sunday we're heading to Cleveland area for a bowling tournament.
Old 10-11-2002, 01:36 PM   #14  
si, si signora

Hi everyone.

I'm looking at 65 degree temps this weekend. Whoo hooo. I too will wash and vacuum (more critical) out the car this weekend.
I was at the gym this am and the flylady was on. How funny.
So, I'm going to hit a quite large pile of stuff that has accumulated on my dryer. It would be a concept to be able to fold clothes on the dryer instead of laying junk on top of it.

I think Patch stayed in Italy. I know I would.

Well I pulled a pair of pants out the closet this am that I hadn't worn in a year. They still fit, so I must not have gained an enormous amount of weight. I did have a nice chat with someone in the dressing room. I think tonight I may hit JJill and Nordstrom. I could use a few "separates" that actually go together.

I'm hoping that everyone has a great weekend.

Happy Thanksgiving Susan !
Closed Thread