Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2001, 01:56 AM   #1  

I need some suggestions as to why I am not losing weitght. I stay OP. I am increasing my walking.(45 min per day at approximatelly 4.5mph. I drink 2 or 3 liters of water daily. I eat the required fruits and veggies and stay within my points. Why am I not losing. I have either gained weight or lost .2 pounds weekly. I have 120 lbs to lose and am not planning to quit the best eaing plan I have ever tried but I hope maybe I am overlooking something. Thanks for listening.
Old 02-22-2001, 07:22 PM   #2  

You seem to be doing great with the water, exercise, points, and eating a variety of foods. I won't pretend to be fabulous with this weight loss thing, but I might suggest adding a couple points for a week or two, maybe you aren't getting enough. Then take a point or two off for a week or two, maybe you are getting too many. You may be need to adjust a little. Do you journal everything you eat? Some people may tell you that you may not be getting enough fat when you eat. I've heard of people eating peanut butter at the end of the day to get the required amount of fat in. (I haven't done that. If I got the peanut butter out, I'd make a sandwich. ) Do you measure your food? A serving can be a lot different than we are led to believe. (For example, I STILL feel that one apple is a serving, when in fact, WW expects you to WEIGH it.) Have you measured YOU? You may not be losing weight, but you may be losing a lot of inches. I think as we age, metabolism slows down and makes it more difficult to lose (but that may just be another one of my excuses ).

Good luck. Let me know how you are doing.

2oM

Old 02-23-2001, 01:32 AM   #3  

Hi, 2ofme, I do journel and measure mnost foods, however Itend to use fat free foods so I may need to look into the amount of fat I really get. My WW leader stressed "Real World Food" but I tend to go with the low or fat free foods. I do try to stay at the low end of my points. Very seldom do I go to the max so maybe I should shake it up a bit. I am cutting back on the coffee and SlimFast bars also so hopefullly next Wed. the scales will show I have gotten rid of a pound or so. Thanks for replying and hope your weight loss journey is going well.
Old 02-23-2001, 07:18 PM   #4  

miflower: I've also heard of people being at one end of their points range for a couple days then they go to the other end. I guess it has something to do with keeping their metabolism "awake". I haven't tried it. I just try to stay IN the range.

And the additional fat that others eat, escapes me, too. For me, it's a bit scary to eat additional fat. I keep thinking that that is what got me in this situation to begin with. I also wonder why I would need extra when there is small amounts of fat in the food that I eat (a gram here, a gram there). With what is on my body and in the food, how much is enough and how much is too much.

A lot of people here watch their fat or carbs or protein. That's way too overwhelming for me. Then they (media) tell me to watch my vitamins. Too much of X is toxic but I need some. How does a person keep track of all of that and have a life besides? I just try to eat healthy foods and hope that it's "good enough".

2oM

PS I don't see it as whining. I see it as asking for advice. And we all could use that.

Have a good weekend.
Closed Thread