Old 12-01-2008, 08:20 AM   #1  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Default Thin4Life - Week of 12/1/08

Can you believe it is December already?!?! I have my gender ultrasound on Wednesday and I cannot wait. Today and tomorrow are going to go by SO slowly.

Melissa - Glad to hear you are feeling better and that the surgery is helping so much!

Pam - for your DH's results.

Lisa - How was your Black Friday shopping? I ended up getting more things for me and DH than I did as gifts, but that is mostly because I am making a lot of gifts this year. We are doing baskets filled with homemade bread, cookies, and Christmas ornaments. There is going to be 1 store bought item in the basket per person, but small things. Nothing that really needed to be bought on Black Friday. The only exception was that I wanted to get my parents something nice that they needed, so I got them a set of flatware (I had my mom pre-approve it because I wanted them to like the pattern) for $60 (on sale from $199).

Last edited by modkittn; 12-01-2008 at 08:24 AM.
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 11:29 AM   #2  

Height: 6'0"

Lori, thanks for starting the thread this week. You must be so anxious to find out if the baby's a girl or boy. Woo-hoo, you did good on the flatware. Shopping was fun mainly because my Christmas shopping was mostly done and I bought some stuff for me and DH.
Domina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 01:37 PM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

I can't believe it's December!! How did that happen?! I did not venture out to the stores on Black Friday--there wasn't anything that I "had to have" so I took advantage of the fact that I had the day off.

It was a pretty mild weekend--the snow they were calling for never materialized here so that was nice. We're under another storm watch this afternoon into late tomorrow.

Lori: It does seem like time really drags on when we're looking forward to something.

Lisa: I need to get a plan of action in terms of what I need for Christmas. My heart just isn't into it.

I did go to see my dad yesterday and he's really shaky--it was hard not having him home for Thanksgiving. I've been on an emotional roller coaster with this whole thing.

My surgery on my left hand is scheduled for 12:30 pm tomorrow. I can have clear liquids until 9:30 am so I can have my cup of coffee in the morning. I'm anxious to get this one done and over with. My right hand is healing really nice and I'm slowly getting the strength back in my hand. My middle finger is giving me some problems but I think that will get better as time goes on.
MelissaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 02:34 PM   #4  

Melissa, That has to be tough with your dad's condition. You are in my prayers for your surgery tomorrow. I'm sure you'll do great. Your right hand has healed so quickly.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:46 AM   #5  

This wait is killing me! I can't believe that tomorrow I will know if it is a little girl or a little boy!!!

Melissa - *sending good vibes* I hope the surgery went well!

Lisa - I think the majority of what I bought was for me and DH as well
Old 12-03-2008, 01:37 PM   #6  

Lori, Any word, yet?

Last edited by Domina; 12-03-2008 at 03:59 PM.
Old 12-03-2008, 02:35 PM   #7  

Well it is a very healthy baby girl! Sorry for making you all wait, I came right to work afterwards and I've been busy!!!
Old 12-03-2008, 03:59 PM   #8  

How great, Lori. Do you have a name in mind? You must be so excited.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:32 PM   #9  

No names We had a boy name all picked, but we have a list of girl names and the contents of the list keep changing!
Old 12-03-2008, 09:31 PM   #10  

Yeah Lori Congratulations.
McHoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:52 PM   #11  

Well we have a name now! Phoebe But no middle name yet!
Old 12-04-2008, 11:39 AM   #12  

Lori, Phoebe is a great name! I like it.

Melissa, How did your surgery go? I hope you are doing all right.

Tomorrow's my Friday off, so I'm headed to a huge outlet mall with a busload of women for a shopping trip. We do it every year and it's a load of fun. The best part is no driving. After we've shopped, we are driven back home. Yeah!

On Saturday, DH and I are doing a 5K (I'll probably walk more than running). It's supposed to be fun--everyone wears Santa hats and such. The rest of the weekend is putting the tree up (we do a real one). My GF is trying to talk me into an artificial tree, but I just can't...