Old 08-18-2008, 10:02 AM   #1  

Height: 6'0"

Default Thin4Life - Week of 8/17/08

Here it is another week of summer. It has been very hot here, but that's Florida. Friday was a wash-out with so much rain, even lost power for a while. I just did some chores and stuff. On Saturday, unfortunately, had a funeral and then DH and I attempted to play golf. It rained after 7 holes. On Sunday, DH and I went outlet shopping . Believe it or not, DH likes to shop with me! He really likes outlet shopping because that's where big-size shoes are and tall clothes. I got some really good deals. I bought a cute red dress (red is my fav color) and I think I'll wear it to our anniversary dinner on Thursday.

I have WI tonight--wish me luck--hope for a big M. I tried very hard this weekend to stop snacking.

Melissa, I'm so glad the chiropractor appointment went well. How did your weekend go? Did you sleep? Has your pain subsided somewhat? I wish you could send me some of those blueberries.

Lori, I hear you about work. It has been crazy, but this week is starting to get slower. I'm looking forward to my vacation in a couple weeks.

Wonder where everyone else is?
Domina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 10:47 AM   #2  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Hey ladies! My weight is still holding around 166 or so. I'm not even really journaling. I cook a lot of WW recipes, and try to get in my veggies and water. Seems to be working for me though!

DH and I went on a nice hike yesterday and then did tons of work around the house. We've been working on the house A LOT lately. We're trying to do small things to the kitchen to make it seem updated. Its taking longer than we thought it would, though.

Melissa - If I remember correctly you were having problems with cramps in your feet right? Maybe I'm not remembering correctly! But if you are, here is a good way to get rid of them: Reach down, grab your toes, and pull them back towards you, flexing your foot. I get tons of foot cramps from my medication. A fellow cancer survivor taught me this and its worked GREAT for me.

Lisa - Where are you going on vacation? The day after Labor Day DH and I leave for Disney World. I can't wait! I really need this vacation. Its all we've been talking about lately

Last edited by modkittn; 08-18-2008 at 01:42 PM.
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 01:39 PM   #3  

Lori, Good to hear from you and glad that you are maintaining. It was me that had the foot cramps; I know to do that, but I wondered if I needed some extra supplements. Actually, I think I was somewhat dehydrated that night and that did not help the situation.

re: vacation, we are staying in Florida and using a timeshare in Pompano Beach. Hope to relax and play some golf. We had planned to go to Maine, but the gas prices and airline prices made us change our plans.

Disney World, huh? You will be 1 1/2 hours from me. Have you been there before? Make sure you go to: http://www.mousesavers.com/ for some savings.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:39 PM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

Lori: That's great that you're maintaining your weight--it's a delicate balance at times. I've been battling something pinched in my upper back/neck area and it's affected my hands with my first three fingers in each hand being "numb"; my left is worse than my right. My DS #1 and his wife are working on their kitchen; the floor had "Liberty Bells and 1776" in the tiles so they tore that up and put new flooring down.

Lisa: I could use another vacation, lol. September/October are going to be a busy months with football. I'm looking forward to going to the games. I bet you're counting down the days to vacation! I know I would be! I want to take a little time off in October and maybe even in December depending on how the football team does.

It's warm here today and tomorrow it's supposed to be quite a bit cooler and then go up again. I'm hoping to get out for a walk tomorrow morning before work.
MelissaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:04 PM   #5  

Well, I was surprised--my company closed because of tropical storm Fay. So far, it's just a lot of rain; it did not strengthen to a hurricane (thank God). I went to a Pilates class and that was a good one.

Went to WI last night and was down .4. I was glad, though I would have liked to show a bigger loss. As I said earlier, I've been snacking too much.
Old 08-20-2008, 03:17 PM   #6  

Height: 5'7"

Lisa: Congrats on the loss! I know I always want a larger loss but anymore I'll take what I can get.

I was able to get in with the chiropractor this morning (they had a cancellation late yesterday) so they did the massage/stim/heat. They showed me some exercises that I can do on the floor and also some to do throughout the day to relieve some of the stress. He had the results of my x-rays and it shows the start of arthritis which he said is normal for my age and also a narrowing near one of the nerves (which is most likely causing some of my problems with my hands). He also showed me where I should have a curve in my neck, mine goes out instead of in and he said he was more concerned with that. He did say again he'll get me back to feeling good. He also did a few adjustments.

I went to my meeting at noon with no expectations...I can never tell if I'm up or down and I really thought I was going to up a little. Surprisingly I was down another 2.8#!!?? My thought is that my medication is finally on track. I'm actually back down to my goal weight!

I wonder where everyone else is...Pam, Susan, Lala...if you're lurking stop by!
MelissaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 12:58 PM   #7  

I actually replied to you, Melissa, but my post disappeared. Congrats on the loss--I know how frustrated you have been. Hooray. Also, I am glad that the chiropractor is helping you.

I wish the rain here would disappear. If you've seen the horrible flooding in Central Florida, that's right near where I live. We were fortunate in that our yard had some ponding, but other than that no damage. DH and I were going stir crazy because we were at home and not allowed to drive. Law enforcement was trying to keep people off the streets. Needless to say, after some Olympics-watching, reading, cleaning, laundry, I was actually ready to return to work.

I'm at work today. I feel bad about the people who have had such horrible flooding damage. What a heartbreak.
Old 08-22-2008, 01:42 PM   #8  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Hello ladies! Well I found out today... I'm pregnant! I found out REALLY early though. Because of my medication, I needed to get the blood test (way before I missed a period) in order to go off it ASAP. Actually I was tested Tuesday and the result was "borderline" so I acted as if it was positive and went right off my meds. Went and got tested again yesterday and this morning got the positive result. I'm very excited!!!!

Lisa - Congrats on the loss! Glad to hear you are doing OK with the storm! I've been watching a LOT of the Olympics. Too bad the gymnastics are over

Melissa - Congrats on the loss! I'm glad the chiropractor is helping.

Last edited by modkittn; 08-22-2008 at 01:43 PM.
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 03:15 PM   #9  

Congrats, Lori that is terrific. Gosh, I've never known anyone in WW who was pregnant. How can you make sure you don't gain too much, etc.