Old 03-17-2008, 08:47 AM   #1  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Smile Thin4Life - Week of 3/17/08

Start

Last edited by modkittn; 01-22-2015 at 08:43 PM.
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 11:58 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning! It's a beautiful, sunny day here in PA. I'm heading out for a walk over the lunch hour and am looking forward to it.

I had a pretty busy weekend and didn't do too bad with my eating. Yesterday wasn't great but overall I'm doing much better. The night time eating is what I'm really focusing on because I've been mindlessly getting into things.

Lori: I hope you get the IBS issues under control; I've never had a problem with that and don't really want to experience it either! Were you able to get out and see anything while you were away?

Short week for me--we're off Thursday through Monday so I'm looking forward to the break.

More later!
MelissaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 12:58 PM   #3  

Height: 6'0"

Lori, Thanks for starting the thread. I'm glad you're back on track. I've been up and down. Today is WI, so wish me luck. I'm hoping to see maybe down 1# or M (fine with me). Sorry about the IBS--not sure what type you have, but I have it and it's not fun. I need a big I've been working on a proposal for the last six weeks and tried to send it today using PGP. Well, the customer can't decrypt it and we don't know why. I'm so frustrated. I haven't had any lunch and my head hurts.

Melissa, Mindless eating--can relate. The other night I saw a sign at an ice cream store and said "DH would like that!" I brought home two disgusting ice cream concoctions.

I have a training class Tuesday and I'm off Wednesday to take DH in for a medical procedure. This week should go fast.
Domina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 05:18 PM   #4  

Hi Ladies,

What a busy Monday, this is the first break I've had all day. I can't wait to get outside, the sun is shining and the temp is up into the high 40's. I think I'll try and get a walk in tonight. The weekend flew by as usual. DS came home for a visit which was nice. Went out to dinner with the family on Saturday and I did terribly with my food choices. I've got to be careful this week. I signed up for a beginners Yoga class at work that starts on Wednesday. I'm really looking forward to it.

Lisa that sounds very frustrating. Take a break from it and get something to eat...you'll feel better. Ack...ice cream, I just bought a half gallon of a flavor called banana split. It tastes just like one with chucks of banana, nuts and even a cherry. I still don't know what made me buy that.

Melissa you've got a nice long weekend coming up. Are you having Easter at your house?

Lori glad you're back on track. Do you have any more business trips coming up? I'm going to Charlotte next month for 3 days on business and am looking forward to it. I like that city and have not been there for a few years.

That's it for now ladies. Hope to be posting a little more frequently soon. Hope everyone is having a good Monday!
McHoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 08:40 PM   #5  
No Sniveling!

S/C/G: 168/130/130

Height: 5'3"

Good evening everyone! Glad to see people posting. I thought I'd killed last week's thread

Just 3 more nights of work and then I'm on vacation Of course "vacation" is a relative term since I took vacation since it's part of my son's spring break but they still do tennis matches and tournaments so we are not going anywhere. Actually I really don't mind at all. I am going to RELAX! We might go visit a couple of colleges too (where he's already been accepted).

I just had a great broccoli salad from Costco. It had broccoli and some cabbage, carrots, etc. also had soy nuts, cranberries and bacon and some dressing that was provided, not sure exactly what the dressing was, kind of like cole slaw dressing. It is 2 pts. for 1 cup and it was good! I am going to take the rest to work tonight though to share because of course it is Costco-esque in size and my husband and son won't eat it and I won't be able to finish it before it spoils.

Lori-glad to hear you are back on track. It's always nice when things fall back into place.

Melissa-nice that you are having sunny weather. I need to walk outside more often. Have fun on your break.

Lisa-Hope that worked out for you.

McHoney-(sorry, I forgot your first name )-My husband and I went out to dinner on Sat. and I didn't do that well either. I actually made much better choices than I would have before WW but still not the greatest. Oh well, live and learn (and get back on the wagon!).

Ok, I don't know about you guys but the Easter candy is starting to filter in at work. I'm really trying to resist If you all have the tempation too, Good Luck! Talk to you later. Jane
greatchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 06:40 AM   #6  

Just a quick note--I have a training class all day. WI last night--TA DA--down 3 pounds. I was thrilled. Of course, I didn't eat hardly at all yesterday because of that dumb proposal--so much stress. We ended up sending a CD to the customer in overnight. The computer program wouldn't work! Argh!
Old 03-18-2008, 08:52 AM   #7  

Good morning! It's cloudy & dark here this morning--rain is supposed to move in so it's going to be a soggy day. I did get outside yesterday and walked over my lunch hour--it felt so good! I'd much rather be outside than walking the track but sometimes I have no choice

Pam: We don't do a whole lot for Easter; our tradition is the Slovak/Polish breakfast with hard boiled eggs, sweet bread, nut & poppyseed rolls, sausage, ham. I've added a breakfast casserole for something hot. It's pretty low key. I'm not sure what DS #1 and his wife are doing.

Lisa: Congrats on the weight loss!!! Way to go!! :clap:

Jane: I don't have any problems with candy at work because I work in a 2-person office so unless I bring it in it's not an issue. I'm looking forward to relaxing a little over the Easter break but generally I end up being really busy.

I'm hoping the weather cooperates for next Monday because a friend and I have planned a day trip and it'd be great to get away and just have some girl time. If the weather isn't agreeable then we'll find something to do around here.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:42 AM   #8  

Lori: Sad to say but the rain hasn't moved out of the area for us--in fact it was raining pretty good this morning when I came into work. It's suppsoed to change over to snow tonight

Pam: They offered yoga here at the university a while back and I really enjoyed it--it took me some time to finally relax and clear my mind at the beginning and end of the activity but I always felt refreshed and slept great those nights.

I'm only working until 11:30 today and then I'm off until Tuesday--that's the nice part about working for a Catholic institution. I'm looking forward to being off but not the part of not having structure. This afternoon I'm going to my meeting (noon) and from there I think I'm going to go to Wegmans (grocery store) and have some lunch--they have a great market area that has some nice soups that are not high in points and from there I may stop by Kohl's and/or Barnes & Noble, it depends on how my time is.

I'll check in from home--have a great afternoon everyone!!
Old 03-19-2008, 12:05 PM   #9  

It is a gorgeous day here today--should be almost 80 and sunny. DH had his medical procedure (colonscopy) and everything was good. So, I'm home with him; he needs someone to stay at home with him because of the anesthesia. Tonight we're going to a George Thorogood concert! We're so looking forward to that. We like George.

Busy time coming up! Easter weekend (as Melissa knows) is very busy in a Catholic Church. Because I'm a cantor and choir member, I sing on Thursday, Saturday and two Masses on Sunday. In between the Masses, we have a choir brunch which is always enjoyable. After that, I'm headed to some friends for an Easter dinner. DH has to work that day.

Oh, on Saturday, I'm going to be in a commercial--just extra work. It's for a Japanese restaurant salad dressing. I happen to like the dressing very much.

Jane, There will be candy in the office probably next week.

Lori, Hooray for you for going to the gym. When you get out of the habit, it is very tough, but you did it I love Kohl's, don't you? I always manage to find something there. You did good! You have worked on many proposals, right? They are stressful anyway and I had so much trouble with the transmittal of this one. Well, yesterday while I was in a training class, I received a call on my mobile phone and the customer was so upset because they couldn't open our proposal. Well, an EIT guy called them and discovered that they were doing it wrong! Unbelievable. I had worked with them for 5 hours on Monday and they swore that the problem was on our end.

Melissa, You mentioned nut rolls and I so wanted some. My mother used to make the best ones. I even like the poppyseed ones. She hasn't done that in a while. I don't make them because there are only DH and me (I would eat them all).

How is everyone else? Tanya, how's the job?
Old 03-19-2008, 05:16 PM   #10  

Hi Ladies,

Well I loved my Yoga class this afternoon. It's a nice small group and the class is 50 minutes. Just perfect for me.

Lisa George Thorogood!! I saw him in concert many years ago..I'm a fan also. Hope you have a great time.

Melissa enjoy your time off.

Lori I love your description of the weather today Sounds like you had a very successful shopping trip. I wish there was a Kohl's closer to me.

That's it for me ladies. I'm going home...busy day here at work with many shakeups. My boss was promoted to a VP so changes for my department are coming...I'll keep you posted.
McHoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 05:57 PM   #11  

[b]Lisa:[/b[LEFT]] I like nutrolls when they're still warm from the oven, after that they're not a problem for me.

Pam: Anytime there are changes in the upper management areas it seems to trickle down--hopefully it won't affect you too much or not at all.

I went to my meeting at noon today and we have a fill in because my regular leader is off dealing with some medical issues. I'm hoping she's going to be fine because I really enjoy her meetings. The sub did a good job today and the meeting was pretty lively which is what I needed. I lost what I gained last week so that was a good thing for me today. I really needed it.

Since I had the afternoon off I went to Wegmans and had lunch and then afterwards ended up at Kohl's--they're having a great sale. I ended up buying a new pair of sneakers (mine were getting pretty bad), a couple of frying pans, and a blouse. Overall I did pretty good!

Hope everyone else is doing well!
Old 03-20-2008, 10:05 AM   #12  

Melissa, Hooray for the weight loss! Good going. Also, good shopping deals you got at Kohl's.

Pam, Good hearing from you. I'm glad you enjoyed your yoga class. I have found it very beneficial. I am not very flexible, so yoga pushes me to my limits. It feels so good afterwards. Sorry about the shakeup--hopefully your position won't be affected (unless you get promoted!) George Thorogood was great! We had a blast. He's quite the showman. The guitar playing was awesome!!!

Lori, Gosh, you had a work day like mine on Monday--no lunch and so much stress. Gaaah! Then your eating stuff you didn't want to. I hope you aren't getting sick again. Be careful. DH had that bronchitis stuff and ended up with pneumonia.
Old 03-22-2008, 12:46 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 175/in progress/140

Height: 5'7'

Hi Everyone!
I've had a rotten cold + allergies for the last week and haven't really felt like getting on the computer for more than a few minutes. But I'm doing much better now and only have a lingering annoying cough that sounds awful. Today was my monthly WI and I'm down 2.6# from last month. Yea!! I haven't done any exercise since I got sick last week, but I had been pretty good before that and had actually been upping the intensity of my workouts to get a little kick start on the weight loss. I'm back to the weight I was last summer, but my goal is to get back to summer 2006 (another 5#). I really feel good at 145, but it is almost impossible for me to maintain unless I keep up with exercising at least 5 days a week.

The weather is fabulous today and our daughter is coming in with new beau in tow to introduce to the family. We're going out for seafood so I'm already getting myself psyched up for broiled fish and not panfried shrimp, which I love. Thankfully, I do prefer steamed veggies instead of fries or the baked potato and that helps a bit. Do the rest of you feel like all of your waking hours are spent obsessing over food? I know that I have to monitor what I eat in order to maintain, or lose, but sometimes it starts to feel a bit compulsive. I just finish one meal and I start planning for the next one.

Lisa, I totally understand how frustrating it can be trying to send data to clients! That used to be a big part of my old job and it can be a nightmare trying to problem solve why they can't open a particular file when you're not having trouble at all. It's hard to hold your tongue when they've been chewing on you for hours and it turns out that they did something stupid.
Good job on the 3#!!

Pam, I just bought a yoga cd to try at home. I'm trying to incorporate more flexibility into my routines. It's been years since I did yoga, but it really does give you a good workout, and you feel so relaxed too. Maybe once I get back in the swing of things, I'll join a class. I just have such a hard time making myself get back out of the house after work.

Lori, sounds like you scored some good bargains. Spring always makes me want to shop. I just love summer clothes, sandals, etc. Winter just feels like hibernation time! Take care of that cold. Stress and too little rest make it hard to get well.

Melissa, congrats on the loss this week! We do have certain WW leaders that are more "inspiring" than others. I generally go to the same meeting each month and I always look forward to it. When I have to hit a different one, I usually don't feel quite as motivated. Although just going to any meeting does help keep me on track.

Jane, the broccoli salad sounds wonderful. When I eat out, salad is usually my meal of choice since no one at my house eats "green" food. My DH actually gets sick from lettuce or high fiber food, and my MIL just has too much trouble chewing it. Since my dad died from colon cancer years ago, I eat a very high fiber diet. So it takes some creative meal planning sometimes to have a balanced meal that all of us will eat.

Hope everyone has an enjoyable and relaxing day tomorrow! I'm going to splurge and eat some marshmellow peeps! - Theresa
GrammaKnits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 09:14 PM   #14  

Have a Happy Easter everyone!

We didn't get the snow that they were predicting for today which was a nice surprise. I was a little overwhelmed this morning and was stressed about having to do so much for the holidays. It's hard when you're the only one who your parents rely on for things. *sigh* Tomorrow is going to be quiet--we have our traditional Slovak/Polish breakfast (sweet bread, nut roll, sausage, ham, hard boiled eggs) and a breakfast casserole; no big dinner here so I don't have to worry too much. I bought myself a couple of pieces of chocolate that I really like so I wouldn't feel deprived.

Talked to my GF this afternoon and we firmed up our outing for Monday--I'm looking forward to a girl's day out. If the weather doesn't cooperate we'll be staying here in town but as long as it's clear we're heading West to Cleveland.

Safe travels to everyone if you're heading to visit family!

Old 03-23-2008, 03:07 PM   #15  

Happy Easter, everyone. I love the little Easter items in the Smilies list. For you Christians: Christ is Risen, Alleluia!

Well, I'm finally home after singing at church since Thursday. Our choir really did a good job. I'm tired, though. A good thing is that I've been invited to a friends for Easter dinner. I'm taking deviled eggs and a relish tray. It will be nice to visit. DH has to work today.

I was in a shoot for a restaurant commercial yesterday. It was OK; I was selected to be a person waiting to be seated. The others were selected to sit at the tables and eat a full meal, therefore, I got zippo. I was miffed, but I guess I should be happy or I may have eaten too much.

Teresa, sorry you've been ill, but congrats on the loss. Yes, we do obsess about food at times. I just don't want to be fat ever again.

Lori, I'm glad you're on some meds. Sometimes we just need more to get over stuff. That bronchitis is nasty. It's been making the rounds here in Florida and I know that's what caused DH's pneumonia. Believe it or not, he still has some in his lungs. Our doctor is x-raying him every other week.

Melissa, a girl's day out sounds like fun. What will you do in Cleveland? So glad, too, that you didn't get more snow. You have had a rough winter, as have our friends in the New England area. I'm going to a girls' night out this weekend. It's at a friend's house and I'm supposed to bring comfort food?? I'm not sure what to bring.