Old 02-20-2008, 04:48 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 200.6/174.4/150

Height: 5'6

Hi Ladies,

I had my meeting this morning w. the Doctor at the practice that I interviewed at last week and it went very well! She seemed very pleased w. me and thinks I am qualified and a great fit for the position. She basically told me that she was going to call the HR dept at the Hospital and that they would call me w. an offer and salary info. etc. So if the salary is good than it looks like I have a new job. I know it sounds silly, but I am not getting too excited until they call, because they still need to check my references and do all the background check stuff. I have great references, but I am still nervous... is that normal?

Jax and Rick are both fully recovered and downstairs doing arts and crafts at this very moment. Jackson LOVES anything w. coloring or stickers so we can give him some paper, crayons and a few stickers and he is good for hours. He is making something w. cotton balls and glitter glue right now, so I am scared to go downstairs and see what my living area looks like.

Eating has been ok this week. I have been getting all my fruits and veggies in which is good for me. I have been doing good w. the water too, but I am struggling w. the carbs and the sodium. I never realized how much I love carbs. The sodium isn't a big issue, but I used to rely on "smartones", or "lean cuisine" when I wanted a lower pint lunch or dinner and just do that w. some steamed veggies or a salad. Lately I don't do high sodium foods after Monday, because I end up puffy for three days and WI is almost always a disappointment if I eat salty foods on Wed, and Thurs. I have been working out 5 days a week consistently and I increased the cardio to 45min minimum and started using a few more of the weights that I wasn't before. Hopefully I won't bulk up.

Lori, I am happy you were well enough to get back to work, but I agree w. Lisa and Melissa, you do need to take it easy. I hope you are fully recovered soon. Being sick can really set me back, and I am not one that bounces back easily.

Melissa, Congrats on the weight loss That is huge. I am sure it is a combination of the medication change and all the hard work on your part finally paying off. You should be proud of yourself, for sticking with and and finding a solution. A lot of people would have given up after a few wks of disappointment. I get a lot of my determination and drive from you ladies, and from the men and woman at my WW meetings. It's funny--sometimes I think that everyone is on WW and it's like some secret society. Today at my meeting w. the doctor, the office manager took me down to the buildings cafe for a coffee and I said that "I was avoiding coffee unless I really need it because I don't like to waist the points". I didn't even think about it, but she said "oh, I am a lifetime member". I didn't even say WW, I just said points and she new what I was talking about.

Lisa,
I am going to check out the movie site. I think it's so fun that you are an actress. I love that you have so many facets. It's great that you are into golf, pilates, acting and you do so much with your DH w. the 5Ks and hiking, etc. I told my sister that you have birds today, and she was so jealous. My 19 yr old sister, Miranda is an animal fanatic and has 2 dogs, fish and usually at least one other critter hatching or scampering around her bedroom. My parents have given up and accepted that it's just her. She doesn't get into trouble or do any of the typical high school stuff, so they let her be. She LOVES birds and wants to get one when she moves this summer. She is getting an apartment when she goes off to college instead of living on campus, because she can't leave her animals. She is going to major in biology and go into the pre-vet program.

Jane, Your schedule sounds crazy. My DH works a 3rd shift and also loves it. No traffic and not as much micro management at night, according to him. He is actually managing at US Air now, but he has worked as an aircraft mechanic for yrs and has always worked 4 days on 3 off and always at night. He was a helicopter mechanic in the USMC. I am not a weather wimp, but I do have my moments when I am sick of all the icy rain and cold. I love the winter, fall and spring and I like the summer a lot too, but I hate when it's hot. I like when it's hot at the beach or by the pool, but not just plain old hot. I would love it if the summer was 70-80 everyday!

Theresa,
Good for you with all that running. I can not run. I mean I can build up to a run after walking for a long time, but only for a minute or two at most. Physically though, I can't run. I look like a baby deer trying to get up and walk for the first time, It is not a pretty sight. I just am not coordinated at all. The elliptical machines seem to work well for me since they are controlled and you can't really mess it up, hehehe.

Pam,
I am so happy to hear that your daughter is OK. That is scary and she was very lucky. I went with my sister to look at colleges this fall, and it was a lot of fun. I thought it would be a bore, but I really enjoyed myself!

OK, now that we are all talking about the weather, let's have some fun with it: What is everyone's favorite season and favorite thing about that season, or favorite thing to do in that season?

Oh, and p.s my DH is also a big snorer, but I only have to sleep w. him 3 nights a week, since he works the other 4.

Last edited by tanya1979; 02-20-2008 at 04:54 PM.
tanya1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 07:41 AM   #17  

Height: 6'0"

Tanya, Great news on the interview. It's normal to worry something will go wrong; we're all a little paranoid that way. I remember a few years back I had to take the drug test and I was worried about it! What a goofball I was--I don't use drugs; I've never used drugs. I laugh about it now. Keep us posted. Yes, eating high sodium makes me retain water big time. I run into people all the time who are WW Lifetimers--it's so interesting to talk to them. Some have been for many years.

I'm glad your sister is getting into veterinary medicine since she loves animals so much. We really like our birds. We have 3 Quakers and 2 conures, but when they decide to let it loose, you can hear them down the street. They're very smart and amaze me sometimes with how quickly they learn.

My favorite season--remember I'm in Florida, so we don't have the big changes in weather that you have. I guess I like fall the most because the high heat of summer is gone, the nights are cooler, hurricane season is over, and I like seeing pumpkins and fall things around.
Domina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 10:17 AM   #18  
No Sniveling!

S/C/G: 168/130/130

Height: 5'3"

Good morning Never made it in here yesterday, not really sure why

I GAINED 1 lb. for my weigh-in I totally know why and all my fault. Guess I was just hoping I could circumvent science!!!! I'll get it off this week though!

Lori-Hope you feel much better this week. Take it easy.

Melissa-WOW down 4 lbs.??!!!! That is awesome. Our bodies certainly never let us stop guessing!

Lisa-Hope your back and rib get better quickly.

Tanya-I think it's perfectly normal to be nervous no matter how good things are going. I'm sure there are people out there who don't mind/like interviews but I've never met one. I am the carb queen! I've just had to learn to incorporate them into my eating and to eat them in moderation. I tell myself I can have anything I just can't have everything at once!

My favorite season is definitely spring. It's always been spring no matter where I've lived. I just love the warmth (but not the brutal heat of summer). Even though we don't have real winters out here we have more of a winter I think than Florida. I see pictures of people swimming in the ocean in Fla. in the winter and you couldn't do that here (except if you are a surfer!). So I'm just glad for winter to be over.

Ok, it's my day off so I'm going to take full advantage of it by doing nothing! (except exercising and doing laundry). I better get started on relaxing. Talk to you tomorrow. Jane

Last edited by greatchoice; 02-21-2008 at 10:17 AM.
greatchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 01:15 PM   #19  

[B]Jane,[/B} My back and rib are much better today, but still tender. Sorry about the gain, but if you know what you did, then that will get you back on track. Have a good day off.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:09 AM   #20  

Height: 5'7"

Another snowy day here in NW Pennsylvania...only 28 days until Spring!

It's kind of a toss for me as to my favorite season--I love Spring with the emergence of the green leaves, first flowers of Spring (daffodils, tulips) and I love Fall with the color changes, cool nights and warm days and the changing leaves.

Overall I think Spring is more of my favorite.

Jane: Just keep forging ahead--I know myself that there are weeks when I try to "test" fate to see if I can eat whatever and stay the same.

Lori: Glad you're feeling a little better. People here who have had colds, etc. say it lasts a good week before they're feeling better. Do the best you can with your lunch today--it's hard when you suggest different places that you know you can make some good choices.

Lisa: Hope your rib/back are doing better. My shoulder is coming along. I went to therapy yesterday and he used heat first, then we did the exercises, followed by the electronic stim. I go again next Monday/Thursday.

I have a busy weekend lined up--work at WW tonight, tomorrow DS #2 has bowling, which is followed by the annual rugby bowling outing (the theme this year is the 70's), dinner and to cap the evening off we're going to a basketball game. Sunday should be a little quieter.

This week has seemed extraordinarily long for some reason--maybe because the weather has been so bleak! At least yesterday we got a shot of sunshine.
MelissaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 10:43 AM   #21  

It's fair here today--70's, but could be rainy. We need the rain (at least it isn't snow).

I went to the dermatologist this morning for an infected cyst. He had to take care of it and now I'm on antibiotics which I don't like to take, so I'll be eating more yogurt.

Melissa, How did you hurt your shoulder? My back/rib is doing better. I haven't been able to do any exercises, except for walking though and I miss it.

Lori, So glad you're doing better. These colds this winter have been ferocious. In fact, DH is headed to the doctor today. He is coughing very hard and hasn't been able to sleep.

Weekend plans? I'm doing a 5K with a friend tomorrow for the wild bird sanctuary here. On Sunday, I'm going to a jewelry home party. I don't really need any jewelry, but it's pretty stuff. Other than that, I'm free.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:24 AM   #22  

Hi Ladies,

It's snowing here and it's suppose to continue until tomorrow afternoon. Right now it's coming down pretty light and fluffy. I hope it stays like that and doesn't turn to freezing rain which we've been getting a lot of this winter. It's nice to have the day off from work, so I don't have to drive in this stuff unless I want to .

Lisa I went to the dermatologist on Wednesday to have what I thought was a freckle but really was a mole removed from my scalp. My hairdresser spotted it and mentioned it to me. Still waiting for the biopsy results which I should get today. I don't think it's anything, but you never know. I remember your DH had one near his ear. Did everything turn out OK with that? I've been invited to a lot of jewelry parties lately. Good luck with the 5k this weekend.

Melissa I think spring is my favorite season also. I used to like the fall best but as I get older (and begin dreading winter more) spring is my favorite!
We've got a sports weekend lined up also. DH and I are bringing his youngest son to Albany NY tomorrow for a hockey game. He's a goalie (just like his Dad was ) and was asked to move up a division to play in this game so he is very happy. What a great loss you had this week!

Lori Lauren is a culinary student in a vocational high school and is probably going to go to Johnson and Wales although she is also considering U Mass and another smaller local college, Westfield State. Glad we went to J&W yesterday since today is not a good day for travel.

Tanya Sounds like you have a new job...congratulations for doing so well in your interview!

Jane Sounds like the small gain was no surprise. It's probably already gone. Thanks for the well wishes for Lauren. She was very lucky.

Hi to everyone else. Hope you all have a terrific weekend.
McHoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 12:31 PM   #23  

Pam, I hope your biopsy turns out all right. DH had a melanoma on his ear and all went well, but he has to be checked every six months. Thank God we caught it early. Dave's hairdresser is the one who told him to go to the doctor. I had told him that several times, but he doesn't listen to me.

I didn't know that Lauren was in culinary arts. That is really great. It sounds like you have a busy weekend.
Old 02-22-2008, 01:37 PM   #24  

Hi Ladies,

Just a quick post... I had major dental work this morning and I am sore and exhausted.

I did get the official job offer yesterday and I accepted!! I start on 3/10 which gives me some time to get ready. I am thrilled and also nervous, which I always am when something new is on the horizon. I think it will be a great fit for me and everyone seems very friendly. Most of the girls in the office are around my age and have young kids, which is wonderful.

I went to WW this morning and was down 1.6#. Yay, that puts me just over -15#! I am starving right now, but can only eat soup, or pudding etc, and only one one side. Ugh... I HATE the dentist, but luckily mine is very sweet and gentle. I need a lot of work done, but I am happy to have the worst part over.

OK, I need a nap desperately. I will post more later. Thanks for all the well wishes and congrats on the job.
Old 02-22-2008, 03:41 PM   #25  

Tanya, Hooray, good for you. It will be a great job, I'm sure. Also, congrats on the loss. Hope you feel better.
Old 02-23-2008, 01:06 PM   #26  

Thanks for the well wishes Lisa. I am feeling much better this morning, but still a little loopy form the pain meds. I am a total wuss when it comes to that stuff, one Tylenol pm and I am out for the day!

I posted a new profile pic of Rick and I. I apologize for the décolletage I rarely show so much skin. Not sure what I was thinking w. that dress, but I LOVED the color and it was so comfortable.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:06 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 175/in progress/140

Height: 5'7'

Gosh it's been a while since I could get time to catch up on everyone. It's just been a zoo around here lately. Cause unknown. I've been pretty much OP except for Saturday when I was at a knitting class in a hotel and my sandwich wrap at lunch had way more mayo than I was anticipating and there was no way to get it off. And being the people pleaser that I am, of course I ate half of it rather than asking for something else. Then we went to a retirement party at a C&W bar where we had copious quantities of fajitas (with all the trimmings) and beer. I did get a lot of dancing in so that maybe worked off a beer or two. But I was so sick on Sunday from overindulging that I couldn't eat at all. How can I be 54 years old and still think I can play like the kids?! Oh well, I'm back on track again and not too much the worse for wear.

My favorite season? Spring. There is nothing better than putting the top down on the car and cruising the hill country during bluebonnet season. I just struggle through winter and am always sooo glad when spring arrives.

Yea Tonya Down 15# and a new job! Great work! That's funny that you say you can't run but do the elliptical machine. That thing just kills my knees! It's the only thing in the gym I don't do. We're all lucky that there are so many ways to get exercise in. No excuses! HA!

Pam: Don't worry too much. My dermatologist biopsies everything, and he can pretty much tell by looking if something is suspicious. I was complaining about moles one day and he said that we tend to get more of them as we age and that I should not worry, but do keep an eye on them. I think I'm probably older than most, if not all, of you so I'm getting pretty vigilant about "mole watching".

Lisa: I'll be so glad when I can at least run 5k. It is so boring just going around the neighborhood. We don't have any parks nearby and it's hardly worth driving anywhere when I can only do 1/2-3/4 of a mile at a stretch.

Melissa: Rugby bowling? Conjures up some strange visuals!

Lori: Glad to hear you're feeling better. This has been a rough winter cold season!

Jane: Hang in there! At least if you know where you went wrong, you can make it right. I think you probably have it a little tougher being on an ever-changing schedule. Makes it hard to get into a good routine. But we're here for ya!
GrammaKnits is offline   Reply With Quote