Old 02-07-2008, 07:27 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 200.6/174.4/150

Height: 5'6

Oh one more thing. I posted a pic of DH and I at a Christmas party. It's under my profile. I have lost almost 10lbs since then but look pretty much the same. I will post a new pic soon and you can all let me know if you see a change.
tanya1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 10:02 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 175/in progress/140

Height: 5'7'

I haven't weighed in a few days because I'm going back to juggling my points on the Wendie Plan to see if I can get those pounds moving off again. My high point day was Wednesday and I was stuffed! I definitely didn't want to weight the next morning. But today I had to go shopping for another pair of black pants for our trip next week. I love going to Chico's because of their sizing system! Their size 1 corresponds to an 8-10. Since my current 1's were a little snug I tried on a 2 and it was huge. So I was able to come home with more 1's! Yea! It's probably just the cut, but I really didn't want to have to buy a bigger size when I'm trying so hard to lose, and I really needed pants. Men have things so much easier. My DH never stresses over what he's going to wear. My sister is getting married in Las Vegas on Valentine's Day and I've been trying to decide what to wear for weeks!

I've managed to exercise every day this week, but that's about to come to a halt this weekend when we go visit the grandkids. I'm going to really watch what I eat since it's DH's birthday and I'm sure we'll be eating out most meals.

Lori, sounds like you've had an exhausting week! Resolving big decisions like that takes a lot out of you mentally and it's really hard to go work out on days like that. Next week will be better.

Lisa, sorry to hear your mom is having health problems. I'm sure she will be happy to see you.

Melissa, hang in there. Seems like we've all been struggling lately and understand how frustrating it is when you've been so good all week and don't get the reward you deserve. Life is just not fair when it comes to food!

Tonya, glad to hear Jackson is feeling better. You're lucky to have your DM nearby to take a little of the pressure off. I don't know how I would have made it when my DS was small if my DM hadn't been there to give me a little break now and then.
GrammaKnits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 12:49 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 200.6/174.4/150

Height: 5'6

Good Morning Ladies,

I just got back from the gym and WW and I am down 2#. I am happy that I lost and I am in the 180's now. I never thought I would be happy about that, but I am. I took Jax to the meeting because he is doing better but not well enough for daycare yet so I kept him home. He was good and sat through most of the meeting. I was there a few minutes early so he was quiet for about 30 min and than started to get antsy. He HATES being told to "be quiet" or "shhhh", he freaks out. Freddie's class was tougher than ever today. We used these bungee cords that strap around your waist and your partner holds these long elastic straps that stretch several feet behind you while you run and pick your knees up extra high. It's a great workout but very hard. My partner was giving me extra resistance because she and I are friendly so she was pushing me to work harder. I was happy.... after I finished.

DH is coming home tonight. He is arriving at either 4:30 or 6:30 depending on his class today. I hope it's later only because I don't want to deal w. the traffic and it's usually fine driving in but driving out of Boston at 5pm is a nightmare.

Lori, I live in Lexington, which is very historic and very expensive. We rent an in-law form my parents, but we are building in the next town over, which is just as nice and not much cheaper but the taxes are not as ridiculous. I am about 20min from Boston. My mom and Dad met in Newton (right next to Watertown) and I was born there and lived there as a baby/toddler. My mom's family lives in Newton and Medway and my dad's family lives in Lexington, Newton and Italy. My dad owns houses, and apartments, and rents buildings to several businesses in Newton and Watertown. I have lots of Armenian friends in Watertown. The area my family lives in in Newton is still very Italian. The stripes in the roads and the fire hydrants are red, white and green.

Theresa, You have worked out a lot this week! You must be excited about visiting your grandkids this weekend. Oh, and you are going to Vegas? That will be a blast. Have you been before? You are right, I am soooo lucky to have my mom. I also have my 5 sisters who are always available to babysit. It is nice having a big close family and I don't know what I would do if things were different. My in-laws live about 2hrs away up in NH and they are also wonderful. They are very sweet and my mother in-law is the best and she and DH get along famously. I used to be bothered by the relationship between DH and MIL but since having DS, I can only hope that he loves me like DH loves his mom. They are VERY close and she is very sweet and supportive. She has always been sweet to me and I know I am lucky. I have some friends who have a nightmarish relationship w. there in-laws. As for DH and my parents... I think they love DH more than they love me!

Hello to Melissa, Lisa and Pam

Last edited by tanya1979; 02-08-2008 at 12:52 PM.
tanya1979 is offline   Reply With Quote