Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 10:47 PM   #76  
In Search of Collarbones

S/C/G: 171/154/125

Height: 5'3"

OMG, you girls make me want to go get my scale out! I won't I won't I won't! No!!!!!!!!! It isn't really all that much self control- it is more dread at this point. I just get so sick of being so pleased with the way that i eat, the way that I feel, the way that i measure, and having all that torn to shreds by the stupid scale. i am wondering if i can wait till next friday to weigh myself- this week is TOM, but since i paid so much attention to salt and started the wendie plan, i am dying to find out if it is working.

I do need to watch out though- now that I have noticed changes, I am starting to measure myself everyday. I just love what I am seeing that much though!

paige, that is an AWESOME loss! what a wonderful kick in the pants to get!
Old 03-20-2007, 06:52 AM   #77  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepixie View Post
I just get so sick of being so pleased with the way that i eat, the way that I feel, the way that i measure, and having all that torn to shreds by the stupid scale.
Well said, I think that is what happens to me. I feel I have done so well with my eating and then the scale doesn't reflect how I feel I am doing, even though my clothes are getting lose on me and I can almost fit into a size smaller. I should just give my scales away.

Good morning everyone, I hope that today is a great day for you all. Remember spring arrives tonight. Let us hope the weather co operates.
Have a wonderful day everyone.

Last edited by Newlifestyle; 03-20-2007 at 06:58 AM.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:38 AM   #78  

Well, apparently I made a little "OPPS!" last night! I had 19 pts left at dinnertime, so I decided to have a little dinner date with dd after my chiropractor appt and we went to Johnny Rockets. I figured, how bad could a patty melt be? DUH! DWLZ is down, so I can't exactly figure out the points, especially considering that the nutrition info from Johnny Rocket's website goes off of the points finder! OMG! It had 786 calories, 48 grams of fat and only 3 little grams of fiber! And I had a few fries on top of that (maybe they were trans fat free?! LOL!) I'm sure I didn't go THAT far over the 19 points that I had left, but I guess I could of just made a better choice.

Looking at the rest of the nutrition info for their menu, I must say, I was completely and utterly SHOCKED! DH sometimes likes to get a vanilla milkshake when we go there; it has 1120 calories and 60 grams of fat! Their whole menu reads like that. Even the grilled chicken sandwiches seem to be high in calories and fat. The only thing (other than diet soda!) that seemed do-able was one of their plain burgers; I figured out the points value and it is about 8.5. It's funny...we were talking about fast food places getting a bad rep...here is a place that serves no "biggie size," just regular servings, and has absolutely no healthier options on their menu. It is too bad, too because it is a fun restaurant to go to. In order to go there, I have to put my health in jeopardy?

Sorry...little bit of a tangent...
Old 03-20-2007, 08:45 AM   #79  

I hate my scale, but it's a love/hate relationship. Yesterday I had said how my scale was weighing me lighter and today it's 2 pounds heavier than yesterday. This is a very good argument as to why one shouldn't weigh oneself each and every day, several times a day, right? However, will that stop me? I doubt it, I am an addict. I admit it. I feel like this in an AA meeting or something.....
OK. Hi, my name is Linda. I am a scalaholic.
It all started when I began to make a serious effort to lose weight. Each time I pee, each time I eat, each time I change clothes, I weigh myself. Sometimes, I just wander in to the bathroom and get on the scale just to reassure myself. What is wrong with me?
Well, maybe I will stop obsessing when my weight gets more in control and I feel even better about myself? You never know?
Ann, people seem to use bacon grease in cooking a great deal, that doesn't surprise me to hear about the cabbage. One time (this is so embarrassing!) I went to a Cracker Barrel restaurant with a friend who is a vegetarian. She ordered something like a combo platter of side dishes, it was supposed to come with biscuits and cornbread. She took one bite of the green beans and almost fainted. They were swimming in bacon fat, she violated her personal choice and was so unhappy about this. She called the waitress back and asked about how everything was prepared and ended up with a plain salad and biscuits. I think any big chain, like CB, has a responsibility to say on the menu how things are prepared. My friend is a true animal lover, she will eat nothing that has come from harming an animal and firmly believes in her personal choice. I don't eat like that, but I totally respect her and was so upset that day.
So, after going through what I went through with her, I can see how bacon fat seems to sneak into lots of things. I remember a few years back when MacDonald's was called "on the carpet" for frying their fries using beef tallow (fat) and I know several vegetarians who have eaten those fries and probably thought of them as safe. I know they have changed the process now so they conform, but we as consumers were never told about this practice, it took some kind of exposé (sp?) to bring it forth.
Futurepixie, I think I might starting calling you FP if you don't mind as it's lots to type, is that OK??? If it stands for something offensive, though, please tell me. I could just shorten it to Pixie, though? I had to laugh at you measuring yourself every day, I guess that equates to us weighing ourselves every day - each to their own?
I should try to stop getting on the scale, though. As my weight fluctuates so much day in and day out and also by hour, it is a huge disappointment if/when I got to my meeting and it's fluctuated up at that particular time. I wonder what it is that makes my weigh change so very much from one day to the next? I certainly "get it" that eating and drinking and "voiding" (nice way to put it, I guess) can affect me, but one would think that those things would be constant so that I don't gain as much as 2 pounds over a day's time? Then, it all comes down to fluid and is it sodium that makes a difference?
Newlife, yes Spring is here as of 8:00 pm tonight. You'd never know it with the snow we have right now, but it's at least somewhat invigorating to think that our days are longer and soon green grass and daffodils will be here.
Well, today is meeting and weigh in day for me. I shall try to get laundry done this morning so my "official weigh in outfit" is clean and I can know if I truly had a loss. I would very much like to add something to my 2 week challenge numbers this evening, however, I am not hopeful.
If one were to think of this 2 week challenge and only me, I was hoping it would inspire me to be better and stay on track, on program, during this period. I haven't been as on track/program as I should have been so there is no way for me to measure if I have done any better than someone else who is on CORE or Flex. Sad to say that I feel I have already failed, but that won't stop me from using this 2 week period as some kind of measuring stick to teach me something. More water, more tracking, better control needs to be my mantra!
Old 03-20-2007, 08:50 AM   #80  

Paige, hi - we posted at the same time and I hadn't read yours before writing my own. We were both "on the same page" about dining establishments, though. We consumers need to write places we like to eat at and tell them our wishes, if we ask for healthier foods and intelligent portions, maybe we will get it?
MacDonalds, Wendys and BK have taken this challenge, not all their stuff is "good", but as we were discussing earlier this week, they have made changes and are trying at least to fulfill a need. Look at what Applebees has done. I wish the rest of my family liked Applebees as their WW menu items are good and predictable, at least. Macaroni Grille has a section on their menu with dietary outlined items, their "skinny chicken" is quite good.
I'm sorry you were "taken in" Paige and lured into eating something that you thought was a bit of a healthier choice. You have learned, as we all have.
Linda
Old 03-20-2007, 10:58 AM   #81  
barb

Height: 5'7

hi everyone, I was laughing at all the ways we insist on weiging ourselves...Would men do this No wy do we women insist on putting ourselves through this torture?????? I love the idea of a talking scale......Great idea...

I just booked a flight to vegas...Whoo,I am going with my mom who will be 80 this year and my 4 sisters..... I do not gamble but think just going to see everything and laughing with the girls will be a riot..... I got the tickets for cheap too. Dh really pushed me to go...... He says he will send the kids off to school and than go to work....He told me I would regret it if I did not go...What a great hubby.....I guess I will push him to something with his bros.....He deserves it as well.

Kids are home from school with vacation.... They are still in their pjs.....Just playing and hanging out....Laughing and ocassionaly arguing. Oh well as long as they are having fun......

I am going to journal today...... Try as hard as it may be to do it on vacation at our home town too.

Dining out????? That is where I fail all the time..... Sometimes I think it is better for me to just stay home to have control.... I always think I choose well and than I come home an am shocked that I did poorly.....There is always something that will get me ...Like those fried pickles..Yummy.... Last time I only had one though....

Good luck everyone on the wi..... I am roooting for yah.... .
Old 03-20-2007, 11:33 AM   #82  
In Search of Collarbones

i remember when i first started WW I sat down at the computer with my point counter and looked up all the fast food things i could think of. I was shocked by the salads! I mean, i guess i was telling myself that since so much of it was lettuce, that it would be better for me. But no! At chick fil a the salads are almost worse than the sandwiches!
Old 03-20-2007, 02:48 PM   #83  

Dining out is hard, but I feel that is part of life and I need to learn the best solutions at each place I go to.
I'm bummed out still. I have weigh in at my 4:30 meeting, which is less than two hours away. The typical scale-aholic has already pre-weighed at home and just feels like there will be a gain. Why has there been a two pound increase in my weight overnight. I was on program all day yesterday and the scale was lower, so what have I done between then and now to gain two pounds? I feel so deflated.
Well, I shall post later after weigh in, but don't expect a happy me.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:06 PM   #84  

Question beach2007? looking for a friend! wanna push each other?

hi everyone!

okey so this is my first posting here on 3 FC. and i'm so desperat.
i must have the worst diciplin ever... oh well, my situation right now is really making me gain weight. it sucks bigtime.. every night i get mad at myself because i couldn't resist those cookies yada yada, and then i promise myself that TOMORROW!! yeah!! that's when my success story's gonna start! aaaand i always fail.
so now i'm really att my lowest low, with my jeans itching and my doublechin just growing haha. oh geeze haha.

looking for someone who wants a beach2007-pal to lean on, and we could support and push each other via windows live messenger, emailing and stuff... just guide each other through pretty much every other day..!! maybe challenge each other hehe. does this sound interesting?! please keep on reading about my life as it is right now, are we maybe a perfect match!? hihi--

so yeah, i'm 20 years old and have been travelling around ever since a graduated school 2005. 6 months in austria, 3 months in the US and now 6 months in canada, working as a nanny right now. so much fun but i'm always making food, always snacking....you know how it is. the 3 months in the US made me gain so much weight, when i got back home i worked out soo much and i just love bodycombat, dance etc so that was fun. but now i don't have that here... so i'm back on square one.

im going back to my homecountry, in europe, in june and i just wanna look awesome in that bikini and fit into all my clothes that i have at home!
i just wanna get rid of those extra stupid pounds!!! i barely fit in to my clothes that i brought here 2.5 months ago...how sad is that?! haha.
i guess i weigh about 157 pounds and i'm 5.6 feet tall.
as long as my clothes get bigger i'm satisfied...haha.

i know a lot about nutrition as i wanted to be a nutritionist for a long time, i just need the diciplin and the support! and a good friend to talk to about all this stuff hehe.

as a person i'm fun-loving, caring and crazy girl with a big heart. who would love to look hot in a bikini YEAH! HAHAH.

alright, i guess that's it!
i hope someone feels like "we're a perfect match!!! let's do this!" don't hesitate!!! drop me a line and we'll be strutting around in those hot shorts in may!...haha

love,
milena
Old 03-20-2007, 05:07 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 193/189/158

Height: 5'10

Good afternoon everyone,
Well Linda, I have my WI tonight too. How old are your scales at home? I have not eaten a lot today, b/c I just really want to be down tonight. I want that 25 pound magnent in the worst way. Sounds queer, I know, but I have been envisioning that thing for what seems like the longest time now! I've got some peel and eat shrimp for when i get home from my meeting to celebrate if I get that magnent.

Paige-5 pounds! That is amazing! Like Linda said, it sounds like you so deserved to have a good weigh in. Keep it up, you're on a roll!

djmommy- that's awesome about vegas, we just went there in January. My dh and i met my youngest sister and her dh, we had the best time!

Well, hopefully I'll be back later to report good news, I'm thinkin' about ya Linda!
Old 03-20-2007, 06:22 PM   #86  

Hello everyone,

Well work has been so hectic, I even missed my excercise class today, but I did notice on the schedule that they have the same on tomorrow at 4:00 so hopefully I can get out of work on time. I too am scale obssed, I weigh before I leave to work, after I get out, when I change outfits, after I go to the restroom and anytime I am bored. I guess maybe weighing myself when I am bored is better then eating because I am bored. Sometime's I even change outfits just to see if there is a difference. Hmm maybe it's some sort of game so scaleaholic I am. I guess when it all comes down to it the only number that matter is the one I get when I WI on sat.

Linda: I have a WI outfit two, funny how we do those things. I hope your meeting went well or goes well which everone.

djmommy: wow vegas how fun

paige: I hear you on the oops I didn't realize how much junk was in that thing, it's amazing isn't it how resturaunts can be so tricky.

Well I am going to count up my points and see what I can have for dinner. Talk to ya'll soon
Old 03-20-2007, 07:51 PM   #87  

Milene: Welcome. If you would like to join in here for support, just want to let you know that we are in the Weight Watcher's "general" section and we are not South Beach. South Beach has a different section on this web site for people who are all working on that.
We talk about lots of things here and we do discuss Weight Watchers, but some of our stuff is so generalized that things like drinking the right amount of water per day, taking vitamins, exercise, etc. are all common to us.

Now, bummer, my news is bad. I gained .4
I guess I can say that it is my fault. I did blow it on food last week, but I thought I had done well enough the rest of the week so not to have a gain.
I have to re-assess things. I've had a bad week and sometimes that just happens.
I really don't have much else to say this evening. I'm pretty down in the dumps, but I shall not give up.
I now feel as if I should have skipped lunch or something - but what is the point of that in order to not show a gain. I need to do better and as they say, "re-boot"?
I actually considered changing back to FLEX for a few weeks, but I don't think I can survive on that few points.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:16 PM   #88  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Hi Linda,
Here is a hug for you.
I am sorry you had a gain, but remember that you have had NSV this week. I am beginning to hate the scale. If Flex doesn't have enough points you can try the wendie plan to shake things up. 20 just seems like so few points. Maybe we should all measure instead of stepping on the scale. I know when I weigh myself and I am up, I get down on myself.
Try and have a good night. I wish we all lived closer so we could meet for coffee once in a while.
Please don't be down. I know that you are my inspiration and when I feel like giving up you talk me through it. I do appreciate you.
Take Care
Ann
Old 03-20-2007, 08:35 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 193/189/158

Height: 5'10

Linda- I think that re-assessing as you say, might be a good thing. You might truthfully be on some sort of a plateau right now and your body is just not budging. That was happening to me about a month ago, and that is when I started CORE. I knew that I really had to do something different because my body had everything figured out. Maybe if you had a "strict FLEX week", for just one week? I never want to give up CORE, ever. I love it, it's working, but.... just like when I was on FLEX and never imagined switching over to CORE, I was always in the back of my mind knew that my body does a wonderful job of "one-upping" me and figures out what to do with the same foods, the same exercises all the time. I'm constantly having to "trick it". Well not constantly, but you know what I mean. So I maybe foresee in the future myself having to jump the CORE ship for a week or two just to get my weight loss going again, if it comes to that point. I hate hearing you down in the dumps, it doesn't even sound like the Linda I've come to know. I know you're not going to give up.....move on from this, whatever it is, you can do it!

As for me, I was down another 2 tonight. I'm very pleased, as we leave for Florida in the morning. I will talk to you all when we get back!
Old 03-20-2007, 09:13 PM   #90  
In Search of Collarbones

Oh, derrydaughter, I am sorry to hear about your gain! I just hate that feeling. Hopefully it was just water or something. I know that you will do better from here on out though!

Erica- Yeah you! Good job! that is a good solid loss. this is dorky I know, but i love adjusting my ticker. Isn't that silly?

Well, I didn't do so well with the no frozen dinners thing. I bought one today because I couldn't bear eating chicken chili for the fourth night in a row. I am freezing the rest and trying again another time. But, the dinner that I did buy was one of those Amy's organic ones, low in salt, and i didn't put extra salt on it or anything! I am learning.

I loved my run today. I upped the length or the intervals and it was great. I wore my favorite workout pants too, and that makes a difference. My legs looked good in them compared to the last time that I wore these pants. That is always nice. Oh! and I put my scale away because you guys were tempting me last night! and then i wandered into the bathroom to weigh and the scale wasn't there so I wandered away. To get the tape measure instead. teehee.
Closed Thread