Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2001, 11:35 PM   #1  

Unhappy I ate too much.

Today I bought hot dogs and bologna... I usually do not eat meat, but when I do it's not pretty.. I ate two long hot dogs and probaly 4 slices of bologna... 130 cals each, don't know about the hot dogs, since they were from a local organic farmer.. I didn't even count my points today, because I ate a few other things besides and just gave it up to a messed up day.

I just need some encouragement... I've hit a plateau, which I really don't believe in... I know it's really me not following the WW program like I should... I exercise, but eat over my points probably... I have forced myself back to journaling a few weeks ago, but still gained... Maybe due to my using weights now??

anyway... I just needed someone else besides myself for encouragement..

P.S. I am ten pounds away from my goal weight... Is is really true that, the last ten are the hardest, and why?

Last edited by Swan_lake; 10-21-2001 at 11:40 PM.
Old 10-22-2001, 09:54 AM   #2  

Swan_lake, don't be so hard on yourself! So you ate over points today. The world didn't end, and you didn't regain everything you've lost so far. It's a slip, that's all. Eat a little lighter today and tomorrow, and "reverse bank" the points to cover it. This one slip won't sink you!

As for plateaus, they are real, actually. Your body is in a mild state of shock about what is happening to it, and occasionally it just decides it's going to stay at one weight and "regroup", no matter HOW faithfully you're following the program! Keep exercising and keep counting points, and it'll break.

Dunno about the last-ten-pounds thing, I'm not there yet! Sorry!
Old 10-22-2001, 04:15 PM   #3  

Talking Thanks!!

So my body is in shock! Thanks for reminding me, I do recall being told this does happen, just forgot in my desperate need.... I did go through this once last year, and then, the pounds started to fall off again..

mousie, thanks for replying... I do really feel better...
Old 10-22-2001, 08:32 PM   #4  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Angry

Swan Lake,
You're smart to ask for help. I'm not as near to goal as you, but I sure know about plateauing. Journal, drink the water, exercise, and hang in there. As the people in my WW group get near goal, it's clear sailing for some while others seem to struggle a little.
You'll get there soon. For now, forgive yourself about the *meat*thing. You are doing great and will get to goal. Don't get discouraged and keep on keepin' on!
234/thinner
Old 10-24-2001, 01:06 PM   #5  

I agree with the gang SwanLake. Remember we're all human. I went away on a retreat this past weekend and had a brain freeze regarding eating on program. But Monday, I got back on track - and on track for me was starting the morning with a bagel - I still ate within range but did not feel deprived.

And yes the last 10 pounds are the toughest, not only 'cause your body could be fighting it, but also mentally you could be "acting out". Again, remember this is normal. It can be a scary thing getting to goal and I remember "lapsing" and eating in and out of points range for a while until I understood that I was resisting reaching goal.. Funny what our minds will do.

Final thought... sounds like your body is craving protein - so don't fight it. Plan for it. I realize you don't eat much meat, but I know you can find a compromise that works for you and fills you up. Some days I have close to 20 points just protein - and yes that includes steak, cheese, eggs, chicken, etc.

Hang in there!
Old 10-26-2001, 08:24 AM   #6  

Smile Greatfiul!!

Thanks all!!

I truly need your encouragements... I can't seem to find it anywhere... I love my WW meetings, but I can't ask questions, or I feel like that's the situation, so I just leave after the scale doesn't say what I want...

But, yes, I need to stick with my water+ journaling...

I love meat, but had backed off due to the mad cow situation, but now that I found an organic farmer so I'm back with it and enjoying within limits, and soy cheese.. Yeah, I also learning/ trying not to deprive myself which I may have been doing... I don't know how I made it this far down the scale being so cheap... In the beginning I ate the things I still liked within the WW guidelines or plan, and lost... But when I started to become smaller I changed up and became cheap with myself, and I do have those periods when I just want to go crazy with food...

Yes, my mom told me that my body/ system could be fighiing me... I have discovered egg whites are a wonderful breakfeast food, and whole grain bread... I love the light bread, but notice whole grain sticks longer... So, I adjusted my bread intakes so I can have some of the little higher cal breads...

Again... Hugs and Blessings for your support..

Swan....
Closed Thread