Overweight Trainer

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Well that is good to hear. I would personally just go by how you feel and if they are teaching you things that will help you out down the road...
  • Quote: It's also worth noting that an overweight trainer may at least be somewhat sympathetic to being overweight. I know a lot of "always fit" people who have quite an attitude of "what's wrong with you" towards fat people. They don't know I've been overweight and it's horrible the sort of things I hear. No sympathy.
    ..In a perfect world!! ... I hear you..I had a teeny tiny trainer some yrs ago who had her OWN issues for sure. In spite of the difficulty I was having getting my weight down, she would "complain" about how she had lost another few pounds..."with out trying..." and while that may have been an issue for her. We were not friends having coffee. ...it had NO PLACE in the conversation during the hour I was paying her to help me. Being overweight at that time...I did not have the internal strength to call her out...now..10 years later I'd love the chance! I finally quit working with her. She made me feel awful.