4/13-4/19 Lifters Meals/Workout Accountability

• Hi all!

I changed the title a little to make it more clear that all lifters are welcome to post plans here, BFL or other plans.

I have been a walking nutritional disaster for a few days, AND avoiding the scale, which is almost worse, cause that smacks of old habits. Got on the scale today, 2 lbs over red line. I will nip that in the bud, thankyouverymuch!

Yesterday was POP (posted in the Maintainers POP thread if anyone wishes to read about it!)

Today:

3 mile run--done!
    oatmeal, protein powder, 1/2 oz raisins, walnuts, pumpkin pie spice YUM
    cc/berries
    1/2 pita with salmon, avocado, spinach, other veggies, 2 egg whites
    the other half of the pita, red bell pepper strips, laughing cow (I need to eat more at this time, so as to avoid poor choices in btwn work/kids activities prior to dinner)
    dinner will be ground turkey over broccoli with red chile and maybe some guac
  • Hi,

Cardio this morning: breaktrhrough, I ran for 15 minutes without walking in between. Total run was 1.5 mile (for me this is a lot, I'm working towards increasing the distance)

food:
    m1:yoghurt
    m2: half sandwich
    m3: half sandwich & soup
    m4: yoghurt & cherries
    m5 ?
    m6: ?

I plan on channging my mid afternoon snack to yoghurt for some time. Much less change of overdoing things because I tend to put far too much stuff on my crackers. We'll see hoiw that goes.

have a great day all,
    Rabbit
  • I made the chicken parm recipe from the Eating for Life cookbook tonite and it was even kid approved - 4 thumbs up from the peanut gallery! It was pretty good and BFL approved, so that was exciting. I'm the kind who won't try recipes that are posted or from a book unless someone swears to me that they've made it and it's delish. Time is just too short and ingredients too expensive to not know you're going to have a success at the end. I also made the chicken enchiladas last week and they were also good. One other thing I tried is a chicken tenders recipe from a health mag and the kids also liked it. So not into multiple meals here so it's gotta work for everyone. These meals have practically a 50/50 protein/carb ratio which is SOO hard to achieve in a recipe-prepared dinner, so it's pretty exciting stuff.
  • Tell me more about the enchiladas!
  • Yesterday, POP. Down 4 pounds this morning. Be gone water weight!

3.something mile run, done!
    oatmeal, protein powder, strawberries, walnuts
    cc/berries
    turkey sandwich, apple
    spinach salad with egg whites, tomato, avocado, also a piece of fruit
    1 hr weights
    protein shake
    ground turkey, veggies
  • Down 2 this morning, thank goodness

oatmeal, whites
    yogurt, bran, pp
    lg salad, tuna
    run 5k
    yogurt, bran, pp
    lg salad, with a protein, salmon? not sure yet
    UBWO
  • Woohoo on the 2 lbs, Ilene! I love your planned foods. Do you pack them to go to work? My DD was cracking up at my "lunch" bag this morning. It's pretty full!
  • Midwife -- I work part-time so I only need to pack meal 2 the yog, pp, and bran... I work a block from school so even when I worked full time I would walk home and eat meal 3...
  • Midwife - I have days with an overfull lunch bag! Often on Mondays, I take a shopping bag full of food to work. And I keep 1/2 a bottom file drawer stocked with non-perishables so in theory I have no excuse! My co-workers are often cracked up at me "assembling" my lunches.
  • Hi,

today: UBWO
    m1: yoghurt
    m2: pie
    m3: 1/2 sandwich
    m4: dinner: veggie burger, rice, beans, zucchini wt parmesan
    m5: yoghurt
    m6: dired cranberries

BTW: no weight loss at all in the 12 week BFL, i think i can attribute this to no portion control on my side. Exercise wise things have gone well, so I'm planning on a new 12 week period to see if i can loose these stubborn pounds. I have gained 1 kg per 3 months for the past 2 years, and I want to LOOSE them!!!

have a great day,
    Rabbit
  • So, Mon, Tues, Wed: POP. That is pretty good for me! Gonna go for 4 in a row!

Today:
    3 mile run with speed work-done
    kashi with skim, protein shake
    cc/berries
    turkey pita with avocado, carrots, apple
    spinach/tomato/egg white salad
    dinner? ground turkey or fish, veggies
  • Yesterday wasn't perfect, DH comes in the living room with a glass of wine how could I resist... So I had some, then before that I had about 20 jelly beans WHY, WHY, WHY DO IT DO THAT !!!

I'll post later what I had today....