Home Gym: Power Tower?

• As you all know by now, I'm setting up a home gym. I'm coming across all kinds of equipment on Craig's List that intrigues me. I have limited space.

I'm currently doing NROLW and after this I may try Crossfit. I want to continue strength training, no matter how what program I end up using. I want to do free weights and body weight work.

So my question: Do you think a power tower is a good addition to a home gym?

I really want the pull-up bar, but my house if a strange old concrete structure and I don't think the walls or doorframes will support a pull-up bar that's attached with screws. So I started thinking power tower.

Do you have one? Do you use it? Is it worth the space?

Thanks!
  • Let's make sure we are talking about the same thing.

By Power Tower, we are talking about a combined pullup/dip/Vertical Knee Raise station right? If so, yes, they are a great addition to a home gym. I'd love one myself, but all the ones I see are too tall for my low ceiling home gym. If you can get one with pushup handles at the base, even better but certainly not required.
  • Yes, that is exactly what I mean. There are two of them on my local Craig's List.

Thanks for the info!