How Many Pounds Did You Move Today?

• Wow, Meg, them's some crazy numbers!!! I will do this tomorrow for sure on my breaks between sets!!
  • That's a fun game!

I moved 10,310lb today. That was NROLW 4B: 3x8 deads, bulgarians, UH lat pulldowns, reverse lunges (yuck), prone cuban snatches (double yuck) and a triple set of unweighted ab work. It's a disappointing number next to Meg's--I blame the prone cuban snatches and all the ab work!

(All that lifting must have damaged my brain. I had to run the numbers about 8 times before I got it right!)
  • A lot of lifters track their total tonnage in each exercise to monitor their work load rather then just sets and reps.
  • Hmmmm....I did back today. I'll get back to you on that! If I'd known we were playing this game, I would have done deadlifts instead of weighted hyper-extensions!
  • I figured Mel was good for 30,000 with that being held down a bit by single-leg deadlifts on an inverted BOSU.
  • It took me awhile to run the math, but I've double checked my figures and I think the total is right.

0, zero, nada , zilch

REST DAY!!!!
  • Quote: The grand total of pounds moved was ...

... 33,160! That's 16.5 tons! And all before breakfast!
    LOL. Wow. That's amazing. I never heard of anyone doing this calculation before... Alrighty so today was my pull split so I did wide grip rows, dead lifts, lat pulldowns, backwards lunges (lunges are the bane of my existence...blahh), low rows, hamstring curls, dumbbell curls, ab stuff and concentration curls.

Grand Total: 15,098lbs. Hahaha. It seems a lot more intimidating when you say it like that. I should just walk around all day telling people how much I lifted in total.
  • Makes you feel strong, doesn't it? Problem is, I walked around all day telling myself that I should be able to eat more calories because I lifted so much weight.
  • Quote: Makes you feel strong, doesn't it? Problem is, I walked around all day telling myself that I should be able to eat more calories because I lifted so much weight.

But yes, I'm with Mel. Next time we play this game, let me know in advance. I'll go 4x10 on squats, deads and bb lunges.
  • No fair....all I have is dumbbells to work with: 8,230. At least I beat Depalma!
  • Baff, you can play the game any day that you want to!

Today will be shoulders for me, so my total will be about 30 pounds (wimpy shoulders!)
  • You got me to look it up in my book what i did yesterday: 2560 pounds. But I did not count anything for the abs work.
  • Quote: Makes you feel strong, doesn't it? Problem is, I walked around all day telling myself that I should be able to eat more calories because I lifted so much weight.
    3,500 "food Calories"=10,810,000 foot-pounds. How many feet did you lift all that weight?
  • Dh did a quick add-up and came to 15,000 and sumthin'.

Shoulders? I had to take the pin out