Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 09-21-2006, 12:54 AM   #1  
Shar

S/C/G: 280/149/140

Default Today's Update

Well I had my follow up appt with Dr. H today. He pulled my central line YEAH NO MORE IV FLUIDS (for now, fingers crossed). He also upped me to stage 2 of his diet... anything that can fit through a straw (of course never acually USING a straw ever again) Like protein drinks, milk, runny oatmeal- cream of wheat and instant mashed potatoes, softly scrambled eggs (w/ melted cheese for added protein) low cal, low carb yogurt and pudding (I think that's it). Of course I'm starving and forgot my pill last night (NO SLEEP AT ALL!!!!!!!! pulling hair out) so I felt sick all day long, so no real eating or drinking today. Dr didn't pull my feeding tube as of yet... as he said 'it's his vent'... to help if I can't process some of the foods there's a way for him to get them out without having to cut me open again. My incision is healing really well now, only a few scabby spots that bled a bit after he cleaned me up... But as for now I"m okay. I wish I could sleep even for an hour at a time.... I was up til like 730 this am and then finally fell asleep for 3 hrs until the dogs woke me up. it's now going on midnight again and I"m still wide awake. HELP!! Dr gave me a script for ambiean but the pharmacy wanted me to wait 90 minutes for it.... I was too pooped to wait so I'll have to deal with insomnia again tonight.
Oh weigh in (if you haven't noticed my ticker) I"m down 100 lbs as of today!!!!!!!!!!!!! I now weigh less than my drivers license says (and who actually puts an accurate weight on ther DL?? PLEASE!) I"m down to a weight I haven't seen since well for the past 10 years at least. I think I weighed about this ammt when Eric and I got married 10 and a half years ago. WOW that's a long time. IT's almost time to actually take photos for christmas and send them out. I haven't done that since our first year of marriage either. I finally feel like I may look good enough to share.

I guess that's all for now.
Thank you ladies for all of your encouragement. It really means alot to me to see how many of you follow my story (or drama, or TRAUMA as I like to call it)
TTFN,
Sharmel
USAFwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 09:27 AM   #2  
RNY 3/1/06

Height: 5'2" and shrinking

Sharmel--You sound so happy & hopeful again. It is good to see that. I know what you mean about the drivers license. I had to get mine renewed this month & for the 1st time EVER put my real weight down & the lady taking the info looked @ me & said "You've lost weight, congratulations" & I had never seen her before. I also now weigh exactly what I did 13 years ago when I got married--tried on the suit I got married in & it was way loose.
Loodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 09:37 AM   #3  
Old Cackler

oh sharmel - this is REAL PROGRESS!!!!!!!! i'm so happy for you.

now, if only you could get some sleep.
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 12:03 PM   #4  

SHARMEL - Those Christmas pictures are going to be so wonderful. You are really amazing on your fortitude. Keep going forward and congrats on the 100 pound accomplishment.

On the side, have you tried the Greek style yogurt called FAV, nonfat and plain, the nicest of them all. A little pricier but worthwhile, ususally found in the dairy case up on a high shelf, are Greeks especially tall??
Sugar Cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 01:47 PM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

WOW, what awesome news. I'm so happy your starting to heal and feel better and I'm only guessing that once your off the meds you'll be able to sleep better. Congratulations on the 100 lbs
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 03:52 PM   #6  

Great news Shar!! I am so happy for you.. Especially the weight loss part!!

Hope there'll be no more trau/dra/ma in your life.. You've had enough for a lifetime!!

All the best to you.. and keep in touch

D.
Della1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 06:34 PM   #7  

I'm so sorry for being absent. Much, much going on in my life and I've been exhausted from my recent business trip. I'm very happy to read this good news and I hope there is even MORE good news at this point!

Food must be tasting awfully wonderful these days.
hubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 11:11 PM   #8  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Sharmel I'm so excited and hopeful for you!
KO is offline   Reply With Quote