Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 01-16-2006, 09:03 PM   #1  

Default A little story

I don't think I've ever told this story here, but I'll keep it brief anyway.

This is a true story about a couple of friends of mine from years ago who decided as newlyweds to travel Europe for several months. They bought bicyles and proceeded to go from one country to the next having the adventure of a lifetime.

One month before their flight home was booked, they ran out of money. Completely. They had to now ride their bikes back to where their flights connected to go home, and also find some way to survive for that long.

On the third day of going with no food the couple were sitting on a beach in the sunlight and the young woman sat and cried and cried out of sheer frustration and hunger! Her husband finally said to her 'Listen. We have a choice here. We can starve for the next month and feel desperate every moment. Or we can make this into a spiritual quest and make it a fast.'

Now the reason I tell this story, and more important the reason I've never forgotten that story is because the physical reality is the same either way. But one mindset gets you nowhere but into agony. The other offers the potential for deep insight and realization.
hubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 09:45 PM   #2  
unemployed karma fairy

S/C/G: 245/146/149

Height: 5'5"

Outstanding revelation, Hubs.
indigo child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 10:53 PM   #3  

Yes. I just feel like I'm on an extended fast! lol Like maybe a lifetime fast?
hubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 01:01 PM   #4  
unemployed karma fairy

S/C/G: 245/146/149

Height: 5'5"

:d
indigo child is offline   Reply With Quote