Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 06-15-2015, 05:52 PM   #16  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Some people take NSAIDs on a regular basis and, for that reason, they have to choose the Sleeve.

Some people have acid reflux and/or have diabetes, and RNY is best for reversing those two conditions.

I had acid reflux, diabetes and took regular NSAIDs for a bad back. I worked with my back doctor to get on other meds for my back, and I chose to have the RNY. I'm so glad I did. I no longer have diabetes or acid reflux and since I've lost over 50 lbs since surgery (over 80 total), my back pain is almost completely gone.

BTW, even though i had the RNY, my dumping isn't very bad. I wish it were a lot worse so that it would deter me from eating sweets. Now I have to find the strength to avoid sweets on my own. Word to the wise....if you're newly post-op...just assume you will dump....don't test it. Because being compliant can be much harder if you do't dump.

Last edited by diyana; 06-15-2015 at 05:55 PM.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 06:02 PM   #17  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

I felt really bad for my friend with the RNY surgery during recovery. She dumped so badly. Even the smell of food could trigger it.
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote