Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2003, 11:04 AM   #16  

Hey I am here give me a min, because I am pissed I just typed a rather long post and it disappeared before I could post it. I will re-type it and post it in a min. DANG
Old 05-22-2003, 04:00 PM   #17  

JIFFY your going to be a STAR....how will we be able to stand you
Old 05-22-2003, 11:29 PM   #18  
Old Cackler

oh darlin... i'm a LONG LONG way from stardom! but it will be fun. the guy called for the phone interview today, and we talked for quite awhile. he's scheduling video sessions and i just have no idea what's really happening.

but i DO have a big mouth, and since my lungs have healed, i can do a WHOLE LOT MORE talking. just ask peachie!!!!!
Old 05-23-2003, 07:03 AM   #19  
she who must be obeyed

Jiff keep us posted, I hope it goes well. I think you are one interesting woman! Question for you......do you know of any post-ops over 60, or at least in their late 50's? A lady on my local email support group is looking for someone her age who has had the surgery.

The bike thing yesterday I did make an attempt. I got onto it and back off in a matter of 45 seconds. I just couldn't make myself ride the boring thing. I HOPE to get a walk in this morning before we leave to go to Florida. Daughter is in school for half the day and we plan to leave when she gets home. It will put us in horrific traffic going south, but what can you do.

I hope you all have a great Memorial Day weekend. If your planning a bbq, hope the weather is good where you are.
Old 05-23-2003, 12:01 PM   #20  
Old Cackler

you're a sweetie, deb... and as a matter of fact, i do know of a couple of women in their late 50s and into their 60s who have had the surgery. one had it about 10 days ago, and feels miserable. sounds normal to me!!! another woman had it about 2 years ago, and is just about at her goal weight, in fact, she might be in the infomercial as well!

neither of them is internet-ing, though. so i'm not sure how we could set up a contact here.
Old 05-24-2003, 10:55 PM   #21  
Hang In There

Deb, Ole Alvin is 56, but I don't want him hooking up with some old chick on the net.

He's having some problems with his blood sugar here lately, and I had the nerve to suggest that he might be eating too many carbs!!!
Old 05-25-2003, 01:59 AM   #22  

Default hello

HELLO GIRLS, IM NEW BEEN AROUND 3FATCHICKS FOR AWHILE BUT NEVER IN THIS PART OF THE WOODS. I ENJOY READING ABOUT YOUR SUCCESS WITH WLS. I SEEN A SURGEON ON THE 22NCD OF THIS MONTH AND HAD MY CONSULTATION WITH HIM, NOW WAITING ON INSURANCE APPROVAL. I AM GOING TO GROVEPORT OHIO, THATS RIGHT BY COLUMBUS. AT THE BARIATRIC HOSPITAL. I AM EXCITED BUT A LITTLE NERVOUSE TOO. I HAVE NEVER HAD ANY KIND OF SURGERY BEFORE. MY FRIEND HAD WLS 7 MONTHS AGO AND LOST AROUND 100 POUNDS. I CANT IMAGINE LOSING WEIGHT AFTER ALL THE YEARS OF TRYING AND NOTHING HAPPENS. OR WAISTING ALL YOUR LIFE THINKING ABOUT IT. IM TIRED OF THINKING OF MY BODY. I JUST WANT THIS SURGERY TO BE APPROVED, I WANT TO BE SUCCESSFULLLLL!!!!!!!AND IM READY. I AM 34 YEARS OLD I HAVE 2 BOYS, ONE 11 AND ONE 8. I CANT WAIT TO LOSE THIS WEIGHT AND BE MORE ACTIVE WITH THEM. IF I GET THIS DONE THIS YEAR, THEN NEXT SUMMER I AM CELEBRATING BIG TIME. SEASON PASSES TO THEIR FAVORITE AMUSEMENT PARK!!!! AND NEW BATHING SUIT FOR ME. WHHOO HOO. WELL WEITE MORE LATER. ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WLS I WILL READ , THANKS SENA IN OHIO CURRENT WEIGHT 256
GOAL WEIGHT 165

~~~**a dream is only a dream until you wake up**~~~
Old 05-25-2003, 08:12 AM   #23  
Old Cackler

sena... it's great to see you again. what was your visit with the surgeon like? what did he say? what do you have to do?

come on, start dishing!!

and ask questions. yep.. it's a little scary, but the most important thing is to limit - or not eat any - carbs [barb knows that better than ole alvin does, apparently!!!!] AND exercising [that awful word!]

and protein protein protein. water water water
Old 05-25-2003, 08:47 PM   #24  
Hang In There

Default Hey Peachie

I went to the outlet center to spend my Christmas gift certificates that I was saving to have new clothes to come to your house. Anyway, I didn't want the certificates to go to waste, so I spent every penny of them.

What I rambled all that for, is to tell you I bought a pair of WHITE denim capris With RINESTONES around the legs!!! And I thought about you when I did it. (Now we'll see if I have nerve to wear them!)
Old 05-25-2003, 11:30 PM   #25  

Talking hello

first let me say..
AGEOLDIE.... WELL WHITE CAPRIS WITH RINESTONES YOU GO GIRL. AND GET OUT THERE AND WEAR THEM!!! YOU EARNED EVERY RINESTONE ON THOSE PANTS. YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE. LOL

JIFFY POP... well lets see, i got to the hospital and filled out a few papers about me, my insurance card was copied and my drivers license. after that, they put me in an office and a nurse asked me about 100 questions that i said yes or no too, like do you have sugar.. no heart attack strokes in your familey yes. how long have you been over 100 pounds over weight? do you excersize and the list goes on and on, after that my surguen came in and met me, and told me what the surgery was and how they do it there, why it works and what was exspected of me after words, like watching my diet the dumping syndrome, ect. he asked me about what diets ive tried like ALL OF THEM lol ... then he took my blood pressure weighed me, told me i was a candidate and what my bmi was, and that i should call them in 2 weeks to cgeck on my insurance approval. and now im waiting, lol if my insurance is approved i go back to the hospital for pre surgery testing. like an ekg and they look at your body and gall bladder and all that good stuff. thats about all. have you been to a surguan consulatation yet??? i thought you already had surgery...??? well im still siked and trying to staty positive, my scared shocked state wont come until im on the gurrnny going down the hall....lololol well see you all later. best of luck to you all... losing sena
Old 05-26-2003, 07:18 PM   #26  
Old Cackler

sena... didn't he ask you to have a consultation with a psychologist? a dietician/nutritionist? these are really important. the psychologist because you need to understand that making this work is at least as much 'in your head' as it is in your new tummy.

and the dietician because you need to know how to eat afterwards, and why.

and what about support groups? no one i know of has ever made this REALLY work without a support group.

and yes, i've had the surgery, but i was wondering what your surgeon was like, and what they required for you. i want you to succeed at this, and to have a supportive surgeon with lots of resources for you to use.
Old 05-26-2003, 07:20 PM   #27  
Old Cackler

and barb... i LOVE rhinestones~!!!!! you GOTTA post a pic of you wearing them!!!!
Old 05-26-2003, 07:47 PM   #28  
she who must be obeyed

Hi everyone! Back from sunny, hot Florida. We had a great time. Mom and Dad are both doing well. Sister and her family, brother and his family......I saw them all except for my 16 year old niece......she was too busy to come see her Auntie

Barb, enjoy your rhinestones! Wear them proudly.

sena take it from someone who DOES NOT have a supportive surgeon, a support group would be very helpful to you in your journey......I don't know what I would do without mine. I even met a great friend there....our own Hazel.

Just wanted to stop in and say hello
Old 05-27-2003, 06:19 AM   #29  

good morning all...
what a crappy long weekend for me.... was so tired and aching all the time. Sure did miss my water classes (think that is why I ached so bad) they were closed from friday till today. Not sure why I am so tired...except the fact I have sleep apena and am not on the machine yet. That is on my list to do.... call about machine !!

welcome to Sena, I too am going to Groveport for my surgery. I have Dr. Choban however. My husband is also having surgery there, after i get mine done. I live in NW Ohio and it's a 3 hour drive for me. I am very much looking forward to surgery. My hold up at this time is getting my sleep apena machine, and I have to be on it 6 weeks before surgery.

Ohh our very own Jiffy a STAR... lol....... i can say i knew u when... WELL... ya never know gal.... go for it.. (you might need to borrow those cpari's that ageoldie bought !!! I wanna pair too !!

deb, glad your back safe from your trip to florida, I am so ready for a trip to the beach!! We sure haven't had very great weather in Ohio. I am in need NEED of sunshine !!

Well, right now I feel better then I have since thursday night....maybe my body knows we are going to get into that warm water this morning !!!

Hope everyone has a great rest of the week !!!

Cindy
Closed Thread