Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 07-13-2011, 01:00 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 265/265/175

Height: 5' 3

Default I'm SO EXCITED ... and I just can't HIDE IT!!

I'm about to lose control ... lol

Long story short I've been overweight my ENTIRE life. I've been on every diet known to man TWICE and nothing has worked for me. My BFF and I had talked about WLS for years. She was able to get her lapband surgery last year and since then she's lost 100 lbs and looks freakin AMAZING!! Now I'm so pleased to say it will be my turn in Oct. I have been saving and penny pinching and by hook or crook I WILL have my surgery in Oct. I will be going to the same hospital my friend went to because it's MUCH cheaper then where I currently live. Has anyone every travelled away from where they currently live for the surgery? If so ... how did you choose a Dr. for when you returned? Do you need a special weighloss Dr. I am looking into finding fill centers ... I heard there was a nationwide fill company. Does anyone know of it? Also ... how did you handle getting the pre surgery testing done?

I'm SO FLIPPING EXCITED ... yet kind of scared too. I've watched hours and hours of Youtube videos about other peoples experience with the lapband surgery. I've also read hours and hours of info online. I think I'm pretty informed but ... obviously it won't be "real" to me until I lay on that table and have it done.

I can't wait to become a NEW ME!! I want to wear SHORTS next summer!!!
I have several months to go and I'm already on countdown mode! It's like CHRISTMAS! LOL
Sunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:35 AM   #2  
Old Cackler

WOW!! congrats! and i'm glad you have a friend who's been through it as well. You're wise to look for a doc for followup NOW rather than afterwards. Is there any chance your surgeon has any contacts in your area? and have you discussed what will happen if <heaven forbid!> the band slips and they need to go in and do something? will you have to travel to the original surgeon or should you see someone local?

sorry - lots of Qs - no answers!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:45 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!! I am excited for you too.

Has anyone every travelled away from where they currently live for the surgery? If so ... how did you choose a Dr. for when you returned? No, my doctors are all local.

Do you need a special weighloss Dr. I am looking into finding fill centers ... I heard there was a nationwide fill company. Does anyone know of it? Also ... how did you handle getting the pre surgery testing done? I went with the surgeons at my local hospital who also does the fills and any pre surgery testing.

I'm SO FLIPPING EXCITED ... yet kind of scared too. I've watched hours and hours of Youtube videos about other peoples experience with the lapband surgery. I've also read hours and hours of info online. I think I'm pretty informed but ... obviously it won't be "real" to me until I lay on that table and have it done. Just make sure you know the Good, the Bad and the Ugly.. it will prepare you for any hicups that may or may not occur.

I can't wait to become a NEW ME!! I want to wear SHORTS next summer!!!
I have several months to go and I'm already on countdown mode! It's like CHRISTMAS! LOL Merry Christmas !!!

Good luck
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote