3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Weight Loss Surgery

Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 07-19-2016, 05:37 PM   #136

S/C/G: 311/272/150

Height: 5' 2"

Geographical location: Missouri

Marital Status: Married

Hobbies/Interests: kids/grandkids, boating, swimming, reading, cooking

Height: 5' 2"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 6/2/2016 (this time)

Starting Weight: 311 lbs

Goal Weight: 150 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: stress eating or eating more just because it tastes really good

Following any specific plan: gastric sleeve done so low fat protein and low carb

Anything else you would like to share with us: Had to pay for the surgery on my own but decided to use money I had saved for something else to do something for myself after a lifetime of doing for everyone else. Frankly, if I don't lose the weight, I won't be around long enough to enjoy anything else. Lost 43 lbs to date and expect to reach my goal in the next 18 - 24 months. It's still recent so still having trouble eating/drinking but know that will get better because it's already better than just a couple of weeks ago. I'm not hungry so that helps and expect as I can eat more variety of foods that I can start getting creative in the kitchen to enjoy food more than I do right now. It's a challenge to get in the protein and liquid (water) right now. I am still hoping that I will be able to exercise soon on my knee that needs to be replaced but still struggling with walking right now. Tried several things for the pain and a gel shot is up next although I know that isn't guaranteed to help. In the meantime, will just focus on losing the weight to take the pressure off my knee.
gammalam is offline   Reply With Quote