Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 05:49 AM   #31  
Coldblooded Thread Killa

Height: 5'3"

I know how you feel, "Fed" up. *hugs* We'll be there with you in spirit, cheering you on every step of the way; does that help a little?
Old 10-31-2006, 06:12 AM   #32  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

No - it helps A LOT. Thank you so very much.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:59 AM   #33  
Observer of Phenomena

Height: 5' 4"

I'm a convert to the elliptical, so let me join the others in praising it. A couple of things to know going into it: the motion of it can feel very unnatural at first, but don't give up! Soon you'll be able to 'ellipticate' in your sleep.

Also, it's not uncommon for your feet to slide forward on the footplates as you go. This may cause some numbness in your toes. If this happens, take a QUICK break and stamp your feet a bit.

Good luck! You can do this!
Old 10-31-2006, 10:04 AM   #34  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Umm it's funny you mention that, because not only am I big, but I'm a big scaredy cat. I get carsick going around the block, I'm not kidding. How quickly does it take to get used to it, although I'm sure it's different for everyone? And do you think someone with motion sickness can ever get used to it?
Old 10-31-2006, 11:01 AM   #35  

S/C/G: Size 24/Size 20/Size 8

Height: 5'7"

"fed" up,

Maybe we can't really be there with you when you go to the gym, but if you let us know when you're going to go, we'll send good thoughts your way. And you can post as soon as you get back and let us know how it went.
Old 10-31-2006, 11:57 AM   #36  
a brave new me...

Hey Fedup... if you have a YMCA near you I would recommend checking to see if they are running the Y's "Personal Fitness Program" which is no additional cost with a membership. It is a 12-week individualized program designed to (re)introduce people to fitness. You get a personal fitness coach, separate private workout room, and a personalized schedule. The other advantage of the Y is that it is designed for everybody... people of all abilities and ages so the snob and musclehead factor is very low. Plus they have a swimming pool which is fabulous for overweight exercisers!

Otherwise Curves is very popular with many women because its safe and uncomplicated. However in the big picture their program is extremely limited and will only take you so far in fitness.
Closed Thread