Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-24-2006, 02:35 PM   #1  
In Search Of Me

Default Dont even know who I am anymore!!

I once was this beautiful redheaded woman once upon a time and now I feel like i have turned into a fat lazy mother of 3. So, I am sick and tired of being sick and tired and ready to do something about it. Could you some support because my husband is in Iraq and due home anyday and I want him to be supportive to but he always says I look good no matter what and well that just dont help..anyone know what I mean?
findingmeonceagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 03:11 PM   #2  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Hi findingme!! I wish I could just give you a big ol' hug and tell you not to be so hard on yourself. I guess we all feel that way sometime or other, but the way to start to feel better (IMHO) is to do things for yourself that you deserve. You need to feel worthy of being pretty, beautiful and sexy. Take the time to have a frothy bubble bath, to paint your nails and toes....or better yet, have a manicure at a beauty shop. Buy some pretty lacy bra's or panties.....all these little touches will start to burn an ember inside and make you feel better. Also if you pay more attention to how you dress, do your hair, take the time to put some makeup on.......REALLY....you'll start to feel soooo much better and this will shine through so others will notice also. I hope this makes sense and Thankyou for having your husband serve in Iraq. I hope he comes home safe!!!

redheads unite!!
angel-eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 04:34 PM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey, you wouldn't want your darlin' husband to say anything else, would you? He's smarter than that.

Now, I'm just sure that somewhere nearby there is a Curves or a YMCA or SOMEplace where you could start getting some exercise . . . or if not, there must be a mall where you could walk (avoiding the food court, ha ha!) and get some exercise. Do that and you'll start to feel better, and then you can think about how to eat better--eat healthy--eat to lose weight without starving.

I know you can take some little steps that will get you moving. You just have to start somewhere!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 07:37 PM   #4  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Findingme, what part of KY are you in? I'm right on the border in Huntington, WV. I could always use a buddy on my daily 4 to 6 mile walks at Ritter Park. Or my trips to Curves over in OH, or the new free aerobics class I just started over in OH. If you're close enough and up for it, I'll motivate ya.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 06:56 AM   #5  

((Hugs)) I so know how you feel. Some days it seems being a mom is all you are, but....it's not. It just takes awhile to remember that. The other ladies have great advice. Go for a walk, get a workout video (I do mine at nap time), take the kids on a bike ride (pulling the trailer with 75 lb of kids will get you in shape). Oh, and hang out here. I mostly just read, but it keeps me motivated.
joyofsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 01:32 PM   #6  

My husband is the same way - always telling me I look fine no matter what. And they are being honest - in the same way you love them no matter what they look like. He will also like you when you are healthier, and will be impressed and proud when you get to your goal.
I find that it really helps me to have a goal in mind, like a date - a dress - something like that. I try to have goal ranges without the pressure of exact numbers though.
Good luck, reading the boards really is motivation in itself!
KTna is offline   Reply With Quote