Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-18-2006, 10:06 AM   #1  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

Default GRRR! Frustrated with Plateau

I've been the same weight for the past 4 months, and CANNOT seem to shake it! I've boosted my exercise and the amount that I do. Boosted my water but nothing is working! I'm so frustrated! I need some serious help! ANY suggestions would be great! I want to lose the last 10 Lb's by Christmas at least! But at the rate I've been going the past 4 months it seems impossible!
Canadian_Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 10:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

How close are you to your goal weight? You meantion exercise and water and those are GREAT, but from my experience, food is the most important component. Are you accurately and honestly tracking everything you put in your mouth? If the number is still relatively high (1400-1700) try to reduce by 100 calories a day (just a little at first, don't shock the body). Don't go down too much and really really don't go below 1200 a day without a doctor's supervision.

If the number is very low (-1000-1200), well, I know it sounds crazy (and I only suggest it because it worked for me), try to increase your calories slightly. Find a decent calorie calculator and find out the estimate for maintenance calories of someone of your height/weight/age/gender/activty. Slowly increase your calories over time but stay under maintenance. Doing that helped me to lose the last 13 lbs, but let me tell ya, it was still slooooow.

Finally, are your expectations unrealistic? You don't list your height/weight so it's hard to tell. Is it possible you have reached a good weight for your body? Sometimes, people get hung up on a number that they might have reached in the past that just isn't possible anymore (a woman who wants to weigh the same as she did when she was in high school, etc). I don't know if that's true in your case, just pointing it out!

Good luck with breaking the plateau, I had a four month plateau in 2005 and it sucked. I was pretty miserable.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 10:40 AM   #3  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

Glory,

I've been counting calories, and have upped it to 1400-1600/day, it used to be 1250 - 1350, I have kept a log of what I eat. I'm only 5'0" and am trying to lose 30, and have lost 13 already, to make my weight about 115 when I'm done. and I just can't shake anything. I'm getting so frustrated! I seem to have lost my weight mostly in my face, I think, but it's so frustrating to be at this now since February, and be so slow at this. GRRRRRRRRR
Canadian_Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 08:05 PM   #4  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Oh Amanda, me too!! It sucks, I have lost 112lbs and have been at this for over 2yrs but everytime a stupid plateau comes along I begin to question myself. What am I doing wrong? Why isn't any weight coming off? What is wrong with my body!? But I just try to keep calm and keep at it, eventually, eventually, eventually your stubborn body will just have to give up and let you win. But it is difficult My goal is 28lbs from last week and I still haven't lost a lb.
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 08:17 PM   #5  
Under construction

Height: 5'3"

Oh, honey, you have my sympathies. I've been stuck for about four months now.
tipsygypsy is offline   Reply With Quote