Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-30-2006, 03:03 AM   #1  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

Default time to diet?

THe majority of my weight has been lost by cutting out foods that are bad (chips, crisps, white bread, chocolate, sweets) and exercising for an hour a day. Im at the stage now where I feel I should be following a regular diet plan along with my exercise. What would people recommend?

Woooo, i rode my bike for an hour and ran for an hour yesterday, along with my normal walking around town and weight training. I impressed myself, didnt think I had it in me!
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 04:04 AM   #2  
No Excuses~Better Choices

S/C/G: 14st 6lb/13st 12lb/10st 5lb

Height: 5'2"

Well, with a fantastic loss of 42lbs and only 7lbs to go until you reach your goal, I'd say you're already on the right plan for you ... why do you feel the need to change something that obviously works very well for you? I'd carry on doing what you're already doing and continue to cut out the crap and eat plenty of fruit & veggies if you don't already ... I should follow your example and my own advice, and then perhaps I wouldn't be in the state that I'm in right now!

Well done on a great job so far!

Nichola
Fat in Hong Kong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 08:28 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8.5"

I agree with Nichola... sounds like you HAVE a great plan. Personally I don't diet... just (as she said) eat lots of fruit and veggies, and I also make sure I get plenty of protein and try to have a balanced nutrition and lots of exercise. And yep... keep avoiding the crap and processed foods.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 09:42 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

It might also depend on your goals. If you think you'd like to persue weight training until you look like a fitness model (or something like one) maybe you'd like to check out what they eat.

Or ... since you seem to be 'cleaning up' your intake, maybe you'd be interested in the whole foods threads.

I'd also like to second the congrats here. You've done very well!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 10:08 AM   #5  
Little Miss Random

thanks guys, Im already lower my goal. Its like my boyfriend says, ill just keep going. i think shortly tho I should be happy with what im like. I stood in the chip shop today, resisted buying them for myself, but looked in the full length mirror they have and I cudnt believe how thin my legs looked ( i think they have a slimming mirror!) lol
Old 08-30-2006, 10:34 AM   #6  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Slimming mirror in the chip shop... To lull you into a false sense of security, or to make you think you need feeding up - so you buy more chips!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 12:11 PM   #7  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

If it aint broke don't fix it! Sounds like you're on the right track. Way to go with all the exercise.
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 01:05 PM   #8  
Little Miss Random

I have been thinking about joining a gym, but the minimum term is 6 months and the amount you have to pay (£30-£35 month) puts me off a little. I know I sound tight fisted and petit, but do I really need a gym to loose the last bit of weight that I need to get rid off? It is getting harder for me - but I guess its because I am not far away from the healthy weight now.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:54 PM   #9  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I just ate healthy and exercised to lose the bulk of my weight. But when it's down to the final stages, my loss stalls out. I find I have to drop my calories and up my exercise to boost loss again.

I don't see why you'd need to join a gym, other than to motivate yourself to get in exercise. But you sound like you're exercising just fine without a gym membership.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 12:10 PM   #10  
Little Miss Random

I have been exercising everyday this week for a minimum of an hour. On more than one day I have done over 2 hours exercise. Im feeling a little off colour recently, TOM isnt helping much.