Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-01-2006, 12:45 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 218/198/145

Height: 5'5

Thank you ladies your such A wonderfull help& I really appreicate the exercises I will add thos in today!!! does anyone know if A staionary bike helps? I belive that is considered cardio right?
mizz186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 04:44 PM   #17  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I'm just gonna use a visual tool.

The 2004 shot of me is with healthy eating diet and daily exercise. No surgery. The lower skin, which could only be seen if I wear like a really low cut bikini but doesn't show in low rise jeans, is dimply. Hubby calls it my alligator skin. LOL But a tummy tuck could take care of that. And maybe one day my rich uncle will get out the poorhouse and I'll get over my needle phobia and have it done.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Before & After.jpg (42.0 KB, 46 views)

Last edited by almostheaven; 07-01-2006 at 04:51 PM.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 04:48 PM   #18  

Height: 5'8.5"

Wow you look gorgeous! Whatever you did, it worked!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 04:53 PM   #19  
Blonde Bimbo

Well at least somebody gotta see em. LOL Been sitting here resizing and editing trying to get it to post the pics and not just the link.
Old 07-02-2006, 12:25 AM   #20  

wow I agree you look great...I would of never of realized your the same person lol what kind of A diet did you do & how long did it take? thanks again for the info ladies!!!
Old 07-02-2006, 01:02 AM   #21  
I AM smiling!!!

S/C/G: 276/252/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizz186
Thank you ladies your such A wonderfull help& I really appreicate the exercises I will add thos in today!!! does anyone know if A staionary bike helps? I belive that is considered cardio right?
A bike is good but I recommend an elliptacle machine. You burn 5 times the amount of calories as a treadmill and the one I have doubles as a bike. It's low impact and you burn burn burn.

This is the one I bought - $99 plus shipping ($40) and it's great! It's from an outlet store - if you go anywhere else, you'll spend thousands.

http://www.golfoutletsusa.com/Produc...?PCLinkID=1526
carolshmarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 01:08 AM   #22  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

When I lost weight, I had troubles losing in my belly and my behind. I got a tape for Abs and Behind, I beleive it was Denise Austin's, that focused on that area and it did help!

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 10:11 AM   #23  

thank you so much for the link I will look into that!!!
Old 07-02-2006, 10:48 AM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostheaven
Well at least somebody gotta see em. LOL Been sitting here resizing and editing trying to get it to post the pics and not just the link.
I have tried repeatedly to post pix here and have never been able to get it to work! Hope you figure it out!
Old 07-02-2006, 02:17 PM   #25  

Glad you started this thread, because I need to lose the belly fat, too.

I believe exercise does affect fat placement to some degree. Most of my exercise since I started dieting has been walking. Most of the weight has come off my legs.

Used to be it would come off my belly, too, but one effect of middle age is that fat collects more around the belly (around the body core in general), and I'm seeing that with myself. Leg lifts have taken some from the lowest part of my abdomen, but there's a firm chunk above my navel that doesn't want to come off. (Guess I have a Somach #1 and a Stomach #2, too!)

So I'm wearing pants sizes 20, 22, and 24. The 24s hang everywhere except around the belly. The 22s hang now, too, and aren't any snugger at the waist, so I mostly wear them. The 20s fit well everywhere but are snug at the belly. This ain't how it used to be for me, so I'm going to focus on ab and core exercises.

I haven't gone down in my blouse or bra size, though I think maybe I'm about to lose a cup size. Haven't noticed any change in my face or neck. Interesting how people lose in different places, but I think exercise does have some effect.

Btw, Mizz, you asked if exercise biking is cardio, and it is.

Last edited by Siena1383; 07-02-2006 at 09:53 PM.
Siena1383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 02:21 PM   #26  

Perhaps... but until the last month my exercise was almost entirely walking too... and I have lost TONS off my boobs and stomach, very little (but some) off legs and thighs which were not that heavy to begin with.

I'm now doing more water aerobics (while continuing the walking) and doing specific exercises to lose and work the muscles where I need it most.

So while I am a firm believer specific exercises CAN help... to some degree I also agree that the weight comes off where it wants to
Old 07-02-2006, 05:01 PM   #27  
Blonde Bimbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizz186
wow I agree you look great...I would of never of realized your the same person lol what kind of A diet did you do & how long did it take? thanks again for the info ladies!!!
That's the beauty of it. I didn't "diet". I just changed my daily diet. I ate right. Tried not to snack late at night, but if I had to...kept it to fruits or yogurt, or string cheese, perhaps a spoon of peanut butter...something healthy. Ate lean meats, lots of veggies, and whole grains. But I also exercised my butt off...or belly...actually both. LOL The tummy didn't start flattening out til the very end. Plus I was doing 60+ situps morning and night, and sometimes crunches to work on firming up my abs. But I think it was the last bit of weight loss that actually shrunk the offending area.
Old 07-02-2006, 05:44 PM   #28  

Almostheaven, yep that is pretty much my plan exactly!! Eating right and exercising my butt off... literally.
Old 07-02-2006, 10:01 PM   #29  

Misti, I wasn't disagreeing about fat coming off "where it wants to," I was just saying that it can be affected somewhat by exercise.

If you didn't have much in the legs to lose, then it makes sense that you wouldn't lose as much there. (I do know people whose legs will get downright skinny before anything comes off their core, though.)

I'm a bit distressed about my belly, because I'm almost back into an old suit skirt that I love. I can get it back on, but it's too tight to look nice. The thing is, it's the belly that's keeping me from wearing it. I'm hoping to get into it without squeezing by the 14th. To do that I'll need to be very good on my diet, which hasn't happened these last two weeks and my TOM is due this week, and rigorous about exercising. Can't walk much right now because of knee problems, and it was the walking that was getting rid of the pounds (and helping me control my eating).
Siena1383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 02:40 AM   #30  

Yes, and I agree it can be affected by exercise! LOL I am busting my butt with certain exercises to get the fat off from where I want it off. The belly IS a hard one though, I agree!