Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-20-2006, 09:58 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 288/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Well, I was fitting into the seats really well at Universal Studios at 240 lbs, so if you get a chance, GO!! I know that is traumatic though because when I was 265ish I was really worried that the bar wasn't going to close one time. The attendent that comes around to check to see if everything is buckled correctly just pushed down on it really hard and it clicked (thank goodness!). I would have been mortified if I was the only one getting up and having to wait for my friend because I was too fat. Not only do you have to do the walk of shame past everyone already seated on the coaster, you have to do it in front of the gazillion people waiting in line to ride it!

Oh what a horrible experience Chicky...but you have lost 50 lbs!!! That is so awesome. Don't be afraid to give it a try again....
piperboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 08:29 PM   #32  
Chicky

S/C/G: 250/155.2/130

Height: 5'6.25"

Thanks...yeah, I'm planing a trip to an amusement park next month.
SupersizedChicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 08:53 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Oh my gosh...I thought that was such a unique fear that I had...but you guys share it, too! I remember, as a teenager, seeing a very big man have to get off a roller coaster...now I would bet that I'm as big as he was! I'm so scared that those things won't close on me that I just don't try...to avoid the humiliation. Especially because I've got such horrible proportions. I weigh 258 and so many people on this site who weigh what I do or even more wear a much smaller size that me. My weight is ALL around my middle....so my jeans are a size 28! I can't believe it but they are! My shirts are 3x. And it's all so they fit around the middle. My arms and legs are twiggy and even my butt is relatively small. I HATE my shape!!!!!! And because of how I'm shaped I am so scared I wouldn't fit into a ride. I think that will be one of my rewards for a mini goal at some point. A trip to an amusement park. I love to ride and I miss it a lot!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 11:01 PM   #34  
Vegan

S/C/G: 255/Ticker/165

Height: 5'8"

EGADS, YES!!!!

part of the reason I am so pushed to lose weight is because my fiance' is 8 years younger than me, 25 and whenever we go to texas to visit his family everyone is tan and skinny!

it is so darn discouraging to go out down there and be surrounded by girly girls, all made up and wearing form fitting/revealing clothes.

I feel like I stick out like a sore thumb!

Don't feel bad, I'm right there with you, when I go back down there over Labor Day, I will (hopefully) be about 50 pounds lighter than the last time they saw me, and into a size 13-14 from a 22.

Plus i'll have definition from the weights I have been adding after my cardio.

Think they'll notice?
kierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 11:13 PM   #35  

Height: 5'8.5"

Well I am hoping to visit my best Bud in Florida next spring, and she said she had a dream that I came to see her and was "tuck you shirt in your pants skinny" LOL. She sent me a birthday card with a little frilly dress on the front and said she can't wait until I can fit into it LOL. I am certainly going to try!

But yes, such things do motivate us and keep us going. This is NOT easy; it is hard work. But if we want it badly enough, we can make it happen.

Hang in there and I hope you feel "on track" very soon.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 11:32 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 326/326/164

Height: 5'11"

This happens to me everyday. I know where you are coming from. All of my friends are skinny little hotties, for that matter I used to be one of them, and I decided I am going to be again. It is hard. I am going back to south carolina, where I am from Labor Day weekend and I am bound and determines to be a little smaller. I am far from being the skinny hottie I once was and definately wont be there by september but if I keep up at the rate I am going I will be off to a good start!
Good luck to you,

Sharon
~Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote