Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-24-2006, 08:14 AM   #16  
bep
Certifiable CHOCOHOLIC!!!

S/C/G: 255/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Jtjoray There are times when I simply MUST have chocolate also. Last night was one of those nights. I go by the 1200 cal diet. What I did was just had 1/2 of a 3 musketeer bar. A whole one is 260 cals, so a half was only 130 cals. I added it into my caloric 'budget' for the day. I can't even tell you how much I needed that! 3 musketeers is the PERFECT low cal candy bar!!! MMMMMMMMM!!!!
bep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 08:18 AM   #17  

Darlin' it is the curse of being a woman. When our hormones fluxtuate, it does all kinds of goofy stuff to us. I am menopausal and HONEEEEEEE, I have times where I could eat the furniture! I do think you need to up the protein more. You have to eat to lose weight. Unfortunately, you are going to have to bite the bullet (don't eat it though... ) until it passes and it will after a couple days.

M and M's are a great chocolate fix too. Get the minis, look at the bag and just take little serving, enough to give you a little chocolate feeling.

Truth is and I don't care WHO the person is that says different, EVERYONE has to deal with hunger from time to time and it isn't easy. All these diets that say they were never hungry is bologna. It happens and we really struggle, but every time we sit through it without eating, we become stronger for the next time. I go upstairs in the evening and watch tv so I can't eat and I wanted Pizza so badly last night I thought I would die. Didn't help that Pizza Hut has some stupid special going every other commercial either. I just glued myself to the bed and watched tv and switched channels when it was a food commercial. It wasn't easy, but I am glad I did and even though I kept telling myself I would treat myself today to some pizza, I think I can manage without doing it!

Hang in there and good luck to you!
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 09:30 PM   #18  
I will not fail!

S/C/G: 282/272/180

Height: 5' 10"

Im on antibotics too! Could that have something to do with they way I feel like eating lately...that and my period. I just want to binge on junk! I havent felt like this in along time. Im not even hungry.
Jtjoray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 02:25 AM   #19  
Leaning out of Lurkdom ;)

Height: 5' 7"

~with a sheepish grin she rises slowly~ hello..........my name is sassy and i´m a choco-holic. one of the things i do is freeze my favorite or a couple different fav´s.....ya never know which one your going to crave ~nodnodnodnod~ if it´s a chocolate bar i break off two squares and freeze, which usually breaks down to 5 itty bitty baggies of pure unadulterated bliss......~deep sigh~ and when i am in need i pull 1 out and suckle on it. i do not /will not Chew frozen chocolate ( its a me thing ~grinz~) just letting it melt in my mouth till its a tiny tidbit of tantalizing treat. then my tongue will do the mushing not my teeth ~laughing~ savouring every sweet succulent moment. i tell ya that one tiny lil bit of chocolate could last a half an hour or more that way. Yummmmmmmmmmm! i have grabbed my baggie of bliss and my walking shoes and hit the trail seeing how far i could get before all the reminscent choccie flavour was but a pleasant memory. turning it into a game of sorts..... alright a am a wacky wench thats for sure! but hey its the little things in life ~wink~
sweetnsassyfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 08:16 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtjoray

Breakfast was really small today

Kashi Bar

Lunch

Turkey Pattie with BBQ Sauce and Serving of Fat Free Pringles

Snack

Tuna and Crackers

Dinner

Light Tortilla Chips with Fat Free Beans and Salsa

Then I just binged on some Low Calorie Sugar Free Pudding Snack.
I am going to completely disagree with everyone's posts so far...

I am going to guess that it isn't so much the amount of calories that you ate on this day, but rather the QUALITY of food that you were eating that was making you prone to binge.

You have eaten a few different "empty foods" today that were simple carbs, not complex, and the more of those you have in a day, the less satisfied you are. The Fat Free Pringles, Sugar Free Pudding, crackers, and Light Tortilla Chips equals 4+ servings of essentially "diet junk food". They may have less calories or fat-but they are still not nutritious.

I am totally not getting on your case in a bad way, but you asked for advice-so here it is.

Even diet junk food should be eaten in moderation. I like to use the 90/10 rule myself. If you are eating 1500 calories a day, then strive to only eat 10% of that in "junky treat" food. That means 150 calories a day-or about 1-2 servings of the junky stuff-not 4.

If you are eating 1600 calories a day, then 160 calories a day of "treat" is a decent levelof 10% of your intake.

A lot of people think that since the chips were only 150 calories...or the pudding only 90, that they are completely okay. Well, if you look at the big picture, though, you have to think about how many calories these treats added up to in a day-compared to how many you took in total all day. One of those little 100 Calorie Packs of cookies isn't so bad for a treat-but if you are on a low calorie diet, and you are eating 2-3 packs a day-it is a different story completely.

If you don't limit the treats, what you end up with, is being on a low calorie diet-where you are trying to fufill your nutritional needs on a low calorie level-and you are eating 20%-50% of your daily intake in junk food. Treats should still be "treats" and not a huge portion of our diet.

You may be eating a good calorie level, but your body is not getting enough nourishment.
You have no veggies, no fruit, and no natural calcium (I recognize there is calcium supplement sometimes added to bars like Kashi, etc.)

What I am seeing is protein, which is good-and then all of the empty carbs/treat foods. Your body is telling you that it is needing FOOD, and your body is trying to get the nutrition that it needs by making you want to eat. You are giving it enough calories, but not enough "food". Does that make sense?

My suggestion is to cut the treat foods to 10%-15% of your daily intake. 160-240 calories a day if you are on a 1600 calorie plan. Start eating more fruits, veggies, and skim dairy or soy instead of so many of the treat foods. Your body would have been much more satisfied with a serving of fresh fruit as the side dish at lunch instead of the Pringles-you could have had 2 servings of strawberries (2 WHOLE cups!) for 90 calories and been much fuller-rather than the small handful of Pringles for about the same amount of calories. 2 cups vs. a small handful!

You could have had a different dinner than one based around low fat tortilla chips, and been much more satisfied as well. Then, the crackers with the tuna and the sugar free pudding later on would not have been such a big deal.

So-my advice isn't so much how many calories you are eating, but what you are using those calories on. It makes a HUGE difference.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 09:09 PM   #21  
I will not fail!

Yes...I do understand that it was mostly "junk food" I dont usally eat like this. That's the problem. I dont know why I am. I am hoping it's just my TOM. I just cant get enough of it and nothing else sounds good.
Old 05-26-2006, 07:59 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Well, it is addicting, that is the problem. Because it goes through you so fast-the earlier in the day that you have "diet junk", the more prone you are to wanting it again in a few hours.

I try to keep my junky stuff to late afternoon-evening, so that I don't eat it, have the surge in blood sugar (from the simple carbs), then the "crash" afterwards that makes you want more of it 2 hours later...
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 12:55 PM   #23  
I will not fail!

Hmmmm good idea.
Old 05-27-2006, 01:12 AM   #24  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

Ive been a bottomless pit myself the last few days.. Im sure its because of TOM. I dont even want to recall what I have eatten today. Buncha crap I know.

oatmeal w. apples
Natures Valley Peanut Butter Bar
Nutrigrain bar ( cant spell right now)
Arbys Low Carby Chicken wrap ( it was not good, I ate half, because I was starving, I hate fast food)
Some B&J's Frozen Yogurt (not even a half cup)
foam cup full of Honey Bunches of Oats and Skim milk.

Now this may not seem like alot to most people, but I am stuffed beyond comfortable, I know I havent been eatting enough lately so I have been making crappy choices. I have alot going on right now. Thats my excuse. I still eat healthy 60% of the time, when I was at about 90%. Once I get back on my feet I will definitely be back at 90%. I havent slacked off too much on my exercise though. The most I have missed is 3 days in a week. That still leaves 4 days I exercise. Im trying to see the positive here.. the last month for me has been a complete rollercoaster. It will get better though. It always does.
Ready2ShedLBS is offline   Reply With Quote