Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-21-2006, 02:18 AM   #1  
Woman on mission!

Height: 5'9

Default Butter_Butt needs to get off her Butter_Butt and get motivated

Hey everyone,
All I did yesterday was clean house which really didn't burn many calories but I didn't take in many calories either..am feeling guilty for not doing any other form of exercise..I MUST get motivated and into the swing of things..Have been searching and pricing new/used equipment so hopefully I can find something reasonably priced soon.In the meantime I hope to march and walk in the house and do other exercises.It's darn hard when you ain't did such much or often!
Butter_Butt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 08:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I started with nothing. In fact the first few times I walked, I wore sandals! I bought 2 lbs dumbells and 'worked-out' in my bare feet.
Marching and walking around the house are the perfect way to start! Remember it's move more and eat less. If marching is more ... then go for it!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 08:51 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Butter_Butt, have you thought about getting a pedometer? They're fairly cheap (although I'd recommend getting a good one), and a great motivator!!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 10:36 AM   #4  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

get you some work out videos! You dont need equiptment.. unless its used on the video, then its something thats not going to take up a ridculous amount of space. I recommend.. Billys Bootcamp series.
Ready2ShedLBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 01:13 PM   #5  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

I went to Zellers (not sure where you live - but in the US it is k-mart, like a wal-mart sure they have it there too) - I got a stability ball, a resistance band, and a short dvd in a pack. Pilates starter kit for like 30$ - and it is fun! I mean it probably doesnt burn many calories but it tons up. It is a cheap set and the dvd kinda sucks.. but better then nothing
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 01:27 PM   #6  
Girl Trying

S/C/G: 5'4" CW: Unknwn 140? STGW: 125

I dont have much equipment, and I dont go to a gym because I cant afford it. I have a $20 aerobic step and a pair of small weights. I used to have workout videos, but I hate going at someone elses pace, and doing the same thing over and over, so I make up my own "routines". In college I took step classes religiously, so I know the moves I like... mostly I do toning exercises while stepping. And leg lifts and sit ups are free!
PeeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 01:31 PM   #7  
Girl Trying

S/C/G: 5'4" CW: Unknwn 140? STGW: 125

Also if anyone has Directtv, they have a station called FitTv and a lot of the day they just show workouts - all different kinds - from a half hour to an hour, and each day is usually different for each show, so you dont get bored.
I havent been doing any of that because the guy Im seeing is always around, and I dont want to try to workout while he's staring at the gorgeous thin girls toning their butts on tv - and then have to look over at ME.
PeeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 01:34 PM   #8  
Starting Fresh

mmm we have digital cable... I wonder if we get a fittv type channel - I am going to have to check that out!
Old 04-21-2006, 02:03 PM   #9  
Starbucks Addict!

Height: 5'4

I have Comcast digital cable and it has a exercise channel on the On Demand channel. Its wonderful!! Always so many things to chose from. I can never get bored.
purplecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 02:47 PM   #10  
Starting Fresh

I have Shaw Digital Cable... wooot! my boyfriend works for Shaw, I suppose it wouldn't be hard to find out if we get one or if we can, lol.
Old 04-22-2006, 07:39 PM   #11  
Woman on mission!

Susan,
That is where I started-with nothing..I have tennis shoes but much of nothing else..I did 20 reps of Leg raises in 1 set this evening and plan on doing 20 more reps in 2 more sets so that is more than I have been doing..also will do 20 reps of scissors,25-50 jumping jacks and marching tonight..
Old 04-22-2006, 07:41 PM   #12  
Woman on mission!

Well no Ellis I never thought about getting one but I've heard of them..I may look into buying one..
Old 04-22-2006, 07:43 PM   #13  
Woman on mission!

Ready2ShedLBS,
I'm eyeing a few just haven't bought yet..thought about Billy Blanks Tae Bo and Walk away the pounds..I really would like to buy a stepper and Recumbent Bike..I found one on a used exercise equipment site for $230
Old 04-22-2006, 07:45 PM   #14  
Woman on mission!

Sotypical,
I don't think we have a Zeller's around here but we do have K-Mart in the next State and of course our local Wal-Mart Supercenter..is a stability ball just one of those big round balls?What exactly are Pilates?
Old 04-22-2006, 07:48 PM   #15  
Woman on mission!

PeeB,
I have no equipment and can't go to the local Gym because 1)I can't afford and 2)I'm Agoraphobic which makes getting physical activity difficult..I haven't bought a stepper cos they don't go up to my weight and I hate paying for one if it will tear up fast..so what I'm doing is finding exercises online,browsing through books getting ideas and like you making up my own..the Leg lifts you do are they the ones where you lay on your back and raise your Leg?That's what I'm doing..