Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-27-2006, 12:19 PM   #76  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiefalls
I've had a little bit of Coke and those Hershey kisses today but I think I ate 5 and I just didn't want anymore so I guess that's not bad.
Good for you! I'm like fitgal - I can't stop a just a few - I'd scarf the whole bag!!!

Hope everyone has a 'chocolate-free' weekend!
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 01:28 AM   #77  
Going goal.

S/C/G: 316/ticker/140

Height: 5'6" & 3/4"

Haha thanks you guys!! I'm suprised at how well I've been doing with sugar lately. I think y'all are getting me off to a good start!

How are you gals doing??

OH! I'm going to a family reunion tomorrow and soooooo much good food will be there. I'll post about how my control goes. My mom bought a german chocolate cake.. good thing I just don't like chocolate cake very much!

-Hilary
pixiefalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 11:14 AM   #78  
Want them Muscles!

S/C/G: 135/129/120

Hey ladies!

Ummmm I sliped up!!!!!! I gave in yesterday!!!! not just a little "gave in" a big gave in...I have a chocolate bar!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH

ok I confessed! now must move on!
Pixie~~ here is some for you reunion!!!
Penny here is some for you too

and here is A LOT for me
fitgal2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 11:29 AM   #79  
Brit Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitgal2
Hey ladies!

Ummmm I sliped up!!!!!! I gave in yesterday!!!! not just a little "gave in" a big gave in...I have a chocolate bar!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH

ok I confessed! now must move on!
Pixie~~ here is some for you reunion!!!
Penny here is some for you too

and here is A LOT for me
Don't worry, it was just a slip-up - like you said - just move on!!! Here's some extra willpower dust (in case you need more!)
Old 05-28-2006, 11:34 AM   #80  
Brit Chick

Quote:
Haha thanks you guys!! I'm suprised at how well I've been doing with sugar lately. I think y'all are getting me off to a good start!

How are you gals doing??

OH! I'm going to a family reunion tomorrow and soooooo much good food will be there. I'll post about how my control goes. My mom bought a german chocolate cake.. good thing I just don't like chocolate cake very much!

-Hilary
Hi Hilary, I'm doing fairly good (weekends are always a challenge!) I think I've lost a pound, but my official weigh-in isn't till Friday I'm glad your mom didn't buy the kind of chocolate cake you like! That makes it a bit easier to say "no"

Family reunions and parties are soooo hard for me. There's always so much good food!!! Nowadays I try to pick just a few of my VERY favorites and I don't have seconds. Here's some willpower dust for you
Old 05-29-2006, 01:00 AM   #81  
Going goal.

Thanks for the will power dust.. it helped!

Penpal -- oh I know! I'm glad she didn't because I would of ate it >_>. There was a good looking yellow cake with a chocolate looking icing (might of been pudding) and cupcakes which I LOVE but I didn't eat any! I just ate a little regular food and talked to a bunch of people.

You probably did lose that pound but just in case to help.

Fitgal2 -- that's okay! just take eating that candy bar as a "learning experience"!
Old 05-30-2006, 06:51 PM   #82  
Brit Chick

Pixie - Your willpower dust came in handy. I was feeling sorry for myself because I'd just been to the doctor and found out I have shin splints on my leg (muscle separating from leg bone - ouch!) On the way home I stopped at the store and spied a big bar of milk chocolate and actually picked it up and put it down again!!! I asked myself "will eating that big honking bar of chocolate really make your leg feel better?????" Also, I didn't want to have to own up to it to you guys!!!!

Luckily, the shin splints will eventually get better. I will have to wear orthotics in my shoes and go easy at the gym for a while.

Hope you are having a good day!
Old 05-30-2006, 08:56 PM   #83  
Going goal.

Penpal -- Great job on putting down the bag! Nope, it wouldn't of made you feel better.. it probably would of been opposite! So bravo to you. I hope your leg starts feeling better soon.. take good care of it!

I ate a candy bar yesterday though. Each member of my family had one to make s'mores but I skipped on the marshmallows and graham crackers and just eat the bar.. oh well. I usually don't eat them and I don't plan on it anytime soon!
Old 05-31-2006, 10:03 PM   #84  
Brit Chick

Quote:
I ate a candy bar yesterday though. Each member of my family had one to make s'mores but I skipped on the marshmallows and graham crackers and just eat the bar.. oh well. I usually don't eat them and I don't plan on it anytime soon!
Hey, don't worry too much about having the bar - at least you didn't have the marshmallows and graham crackers too!

I'm still managing not to eat any chocolate this week. I made some almond macaroons so that I can have a fairly healthy treat now and then. They keep for quite a while and I have one once or twice a week.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:38 AM   #85  
Going goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpal
Hey, don't worry too much about having the bar - at least you didn't have the marshmallows and graham crackers too!

I'm still managing not to eat any chocolate this week. I made some almond macaroons so that I can have a fairly healthy treat now and then. They keep for quite a while and I have one once or twice a week.

Hehe yep! Today I've had no chocolate and only little regular coke so I guess I'm doing good! I did eat one marshmallow today too, but that's it.

Well that's good! Almonds are very good for you. WTG. I would eat them but I don't really like them. I like salty nuts.. of course!

All this talk is making me even more hungry than I was.. haha. Food time.

-Hilary
Old 06-01-2006, 10:46 PM   #86  
Brit Chick

Pixie - Sounds like you are on track - one little marshmallow isn't so bad. I can't have stuff like in the house, I would just keep going back for another and another and another......till they were all gone!

I was a bit off plan today as I went to Starbucks and had a skinny latte and half a piece of coffee cake . At least it wasn't one of their chocolate slices . I took the other half home to hubby and worked the calories into my daily allowance.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:43 PM   #87  
Going goal.

I know what you mean.. I mean *exactly*. I used to be like that with certain stuff but now I usually have better control over how I eat though sometimes I still just want to eat even when I'm not hungry! It's tough sometimes but we can do it!

I just can't seem to cut the sugar off completely. Today I had some more regular soda but no chocolate or candy so that's a plus.

That's not too bad. And it was only half a slice so you didn't do "half bad"!
Old 06-02-2006, 04:42 PM   #88  
Want them Muscles!

S/C/G: 135/129/120

Hi ladies!!

sorry I have been MIA I am visiting my brother in Ottawa but just wanted to quickly send you girls some for the weekend!!!

got to run...bbq time!!
fitgal2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 10:54 PM   #89  
Brit Chick

fitgal - I bet you had a nice time in Ottawa visiting your brother, what a beautiful city! Hope you enjoyed your bbq. We had lunch at a German restaurant today. It was the first time we'd been there and the food was great. I used the willpower dust to help me say "no" to their delicious looking chocolate cake with cherries and whipped cream. The waiter kept telling us how delicious the home made desserts were! I did lots of yard work all day, so I probably burned off the extra calories from lunch.

pixie - hope everything is going well for you too this weekend.

Have a nice Sunday!