Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-12-2006, 10:18 PM   #1  

Default my adventure begins!

Today I found myself a personal trainer who I'm going to meet with twice a week and then I'll be taking a jujitsu class (probably) on the weekends.
I'm kinda nervous, because my last personal trainer made fun of me and didn't think I'd worked out hard enough until I'd thrown up from the physical stress. (She doesn't have a job anymore, just sayin.)

So here I go. I hope working with a professional will help keep me accountable and will teach me how to take care of myself.

*excited*
_bees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 10:26 PM   #2  
Miles

S/C/G: 176/168/135

Height: 5'4"

Sounds like your last personal trainer was a jerk. I hope this one works out a lot better. They should be absolutely supportive of you and give you positive encouragement NOT criticize you or mock you. You deserve better, and I hope this works out for you!
blues4miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 05:36 AM   #3  
Ilika

S/C/G: 177/170/140

way to go! if your trainer wasn't providing good customer service then you needed to find another. good luck.
be careful not to overdue the exercise, i got into the gym scene w/running heavy for a while and my job began making demands, i had car problems which stressed me fianancially, schoolwork was difficult --then i injured my feet, they required surgery--what a mess.
i think because i became too enthusiastic about working out alot of things suffered.
this time around I go walking at lunchtime or skate or ride my bike in front of the tv on a trainer. It's more relaxing for me and weight is coming off.
Ilika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 08:56 AM   #4  
Sweet Success

Quote:
Originally Posted by _bees
Today I found myself a personal trainer who I'm going to meet with twice a week and then I'll be taking a jujitsu class (probably) on the weekends.
I'm kinda nervous, because my last personal trainer made fun of me and didn't think I'd worked out hard enough until I'd thrown up from the physical stress. (She doesn't have a job anymore, just sayin.)

So here I go. I hope working with a professional will help keep me accountable and will teach me how to take care of myself.

*excited*
Your last personal trainer sounds awful and it makes me mad that such people like that is working with the public. As if we do not have enough stress in the world already. If she has lost her job "Good Riddance"

Good Luck with your new trainer!
FeistyRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 09:39 AM   #5  
Beth

S/C/G: 200/147/130

Yea, your last trainer was a jerk, I would mention this to your new trainer. Good luck I know you can do it.
azul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 06:02 PM   #6  

Thanks everyone!
I already told my new trainer a bit about my background. When I told her about my previous trainer she burst out laughing. She couldn't believe that someone was so dumb to think that that sort of thing would work!
I think I like her already.
_bees is offline   Reply With Quote