Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-04-2006, 06:00 AM   #1  

Angry Frustrated!

I'll never be a thin girl and that's a fact I have to accept. Even if I swear off bread/fat for the rest of my life I will never have the body I want.
I missed being thin in my teens when it was really emotionally important for me to look like the girls in teen mag! Biologically your body starts to regress in your 30s. I'm in my 20s now, I'm supposed to look and feel my best, then why do I feel like crap?
I know yo-yo dieting messed-up my metabolism. I've been on and off diets since I was 11. I used to do Jane Fonda tapes with my older sister when I was 9!!
And it's not that I eat a lot. I even enjoy working out. But it seems that my body swore never to get below 176. I gain back weight from this point and I go down as far as it but NEVER no matter how I alter my diet, change my exercise routine or add strength training does it go below it.
6 weeks now and the scale hasn't moved, nor has my size gone down. And it's not like I've been cheating, I've been keeping a food diary, guzzling on water and working out 6/week!
My dad's side of the family is over-weight, the only thin person from that side is anorexic.
I think I'm fighting my genes, I'll never become thin so I better accept this body.
BornConfuzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 06:32 AM   #2  

Ok..Deep breath......and again...and again...

ok? Right a few things occured to me here...

Are you keeping track of your calories? If so how many are you eating? If you eat less than you need you WILL lose weight. It takes time but it has to happen. Or maybe calorie cycling would work for you - there's a thread about it in the calorie counters bit.

Have you had your body fat percentage done? Maybe you have A LOT of muscle? Are you using the same scales all the time?

Lastly getting angry at yourself isn't going to help. Your body is going to be the same body whether you are 200 or 120 pounds! If you have an out of proportionally big *** (like me!) it always will be - try to accept what you have. I'm not saying that'd easy but try because getting annoyed about it isn't going to make that change. Its like getting really annoyed at your eye colour..won't change a thing. What i'm trying to say is that you can lose weight but you can't change your body into a models proportions if you are 5ft 4!

All is not lost I promise! You just have to rejig things and figure out what your body wants. If you always gain from 176 then you are eating more calories than you need for 176. Its not magic - its science!

Claire x
coley144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 06:36 AM   #3  
I restore Teeth.

sometimes your genetics might even get you back if you go below what your body is comfortable with. Remember, the human body is tricky to manipulate- it prefers a certain weight. And to swear off all bread or fat is just.... well not impossible (seeing how raw foodists swore off bread easily) but without fat?
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 08:54 AM   #4  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

haha, no, don't swear off of fat--your body needs fat in order to absorb many nutrients, and without any fat in your diet, you'll likely get extremely sick. As ironic as it sounds, fat is not the enemy (although BAD fats are evil--saturated and trans fats ).

Maybe you could have your BMR checked by a doctor (I have no idea what this type of testing entails, but I know I've seen others mention it on here, so it exists). When your metabolism is out-of-whack, these online calorie calculators won't do you much good. You need to find out just what your body is really doing in there

I know what it's like to never have been thin also, except that I have been well over 200 pounds for as long as I've cared to know what my weight was (since about 7th or 8th grade I think), and I spent most of my high school years at around 250. I'm pretty sure I would have give my right leg to only weigh 176 in high school
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote