Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-01-2006, 07:10 PM   #1  

Default Strange way to get motivated

one day, i was talking to boyfriend (and complaining a little) about my weight and what i plan to do. What i want to do, or what i'll do the next day. And I know that he was joking, but it still got to me and had me strangely motivated. Well, he said "It's alright if you gain weight, fat chicks need love too, but they have to pay." Pay as in money wise, cars, material things... I know he was joking, I think he was trying to make me laugh because i wasn't happy. But it got me scared because i started thinking, wha if it is true? With the cruel world we live in now, there's probably a whole lot of people out there who stay with overweight people only for materialistic things and not the things that matter. I don't want friends like that. So day one it is today.
atamata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 07:16 PM   #2  
resident lactivist

I somehow doubt it. Else I'd have no friends at all, much less a husband and three daughters. 'Cause the good Lord knows I've not much in the way of material goods.

But then, the sad truth about life is there are plenty of folks who stick around others purely for what it will gain them. I don't think they're in the majority, though.
GreatBigMonsterMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 08:45 AM   #3  

There maybe a little grain of truth there but is only for women who have no self esteem. Their weight maybe what they think is the cause of their lack of self esteem but the two are not dependent. I know a few fat women how are basically supporting worthless men so they will have what they believe is love. Sadly I also know some skinny women who do the same thing. If you think the only way to get love is to basically bribe someone I can assure you there will always be takers. If you hold your self in a higher regard there are also people who will come to be with you because of that. It's a matter of attitude not body weight.
f(x) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 09:10 AM   #4  
Movin on down the scale

I think being overweight in this society of ULTRA-SLIM super models, you do *pay* for being heavy. You pay emotionally, monitarily (trying to find clothes that fit right, and then always having to buy bigger ones), physically because of the damage that extra weight does to your body. I mean you never stop paying in my opinion when you are overweight.

I think of how much money I have spent on clothes in the last 5 years alone and it makes me sick that I ever gained a pound. I mean WOW!!!
GonnaLooseitagain is offline   Reply With Quote