Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-07-2006, 05:12 AM   #1  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

Default Exercise Needed?

Hi, I am new to all this.

I have been eating three small meals a day, normally bran flakes with milk in the morning, turkey sandwich at lunch time and beans on toast at tea time. I don't snack and I normally either drink water or squash.

Is there such a thing as eating too few calories?

Also I have been either running or riding my bike for half an hour each night. I have only lost half a stone in three months.

It doesnt seem to be working. Are there any suggestions or advice I can take on board?
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 05:14 AM   #2  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Yes, you can eat too little and I'd look at getting some "fuller" meals in there, like chicken and veggies, and more fruit and vegetables anyway.

In my book exercise is definitely a must too.
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 07:06 AM   #3  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

Your exercise is looking good, but your food intake is not good at all. As YP1 said, you definitely need to increase fruit and vegies in your diet. At the moment it looks as though these are minimal. You will soon find that your health suffers if you keep this up.

I have found that 3 main meals and 3 snacks work well. Your breakfast cereal is OK, but you may want to add some fruit and try some other cereals to vary your meals. My dietician friend has convinced me that my body needs variety. It gets 'bored' with the same old routine and just shuts down as far as weight loss goes.

For lunch and dinner I have a large fresh salad before a little extra carb and protein. The salad takes a while to eat and helps to fill me up, so I only need a little of something else. Once again, try to add some variety to these meals.

Snacks can be a variety of things from dried fruit, nuts, fresh fruit, diet jello, low-fat icecream, yoghurt, low-cal jam or peanut butter on whole grain crackers. Oh there are so many choices.

Good luck with your efforts and enjoy adding a little variety to your healthy lifestyle.
ZedAus is offline   Reply With Quote