Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-18-2005, 12:41 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 271/249/135

Not sure if it is a majority of all people. But the majority of the people I am around are not obese, so out of them majority do equate the two.
No on a good side note for everyone who reads. Just like with weight loss I found my tiny piece of happiness, and boy the whole ordeal brought so much joy for me.
On Friday when I got home, my ex stopped by to pick up some CDs he loaned to me. We are good friends, and occasionally do go for a walk or out for dinner. He was waiting in the parking lot as I drove from work. When we walked up to my door, there was a note of attempted delivery from UPS. I did not even read it, thinking that this was some cupons that I won last week on American Express "Wishlist" that I've been expecting. As I continued to open my laptop and look up a Mediterranian place nearby, he read the note, and said that they will redeliver on Monday and wo-whoo the package is from Flowers.com Wow, that got me going. Flowers, from someone, and I don't know who. What kind? I want my flowers NOW. At least I knew the reason - My b-day (comming up on Sunday). We called UPS, and went to pick it up. Once I got the package, I was so excited, after waiting 1.5 hrs at dinner and 35 minutes of waiting in line anticipation grew to its high. In the car I tried to carefully break the box and see the message, which of course was glued outside the box. I read it, and ... It was still not signed!!! Thinking outloud I already 3 times recited the list of possible senders and how they might know my address. In the evening after calling a few I found out who that was. And yes it was the guy I really enjoy talking to. But he lives clear on the other coast, and never seen me. I do not get my hopes up, I still feel the same, but it was awesome. As my ex said, I'd never think that just a few dollars wisely spent on delivered flowers could bring so much excitement. How easy it is to make a girl happy. And he is absolutely right. It's the little things.
CBETA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 01:41 PM   #17  
Molly Bloom

S/C/G: 305/278/145

Height: 5'6"

I was married young (20). Got divorced at 22. Went to college, had a career and didn't think I would ever get married again.
Well I did. I got married at 38. And life still isn't over!! yahoo!
I went BACK to college at 46 years old for a professional degree. Then at 49 I got really sick, with MS, lupus, thryoid disease (some of the weight gain, I'm sure), and fibromyalgia. Oh NO. My life was over, for sure. Nope it wasn't.
Now, two years later, I am 51 and passed the state's bar exam. I started Weight Watchers today.
It's not too late to start new things!!!
It's not too late to meet that soulmate,
or to start a new career,
or to lose weight...
MollyB54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 12:00 PM   #18  

Height: 5'5"

Woo, flowers! Nothing like flowers to cheer a girl up, right? I wouldn't discount the guy who sent them so quickly, either. My BF of 4 years and I met online. I lived in UT and he was from NY, but we worked it out and we've been living together for 3 years. Anything is possible.

It sounds like you have a lot of... maybe not obstacles, but considerations culturally. The one thing that jumped out at me is that you have to be who you think you truly are, as hard as that is sometimes. It sounds like you're doing that, and that's something to be proud of. You have to stay strong and remember what a good person deserving of love you are, and don't let anyone make you feel badly about that. If that means comments or misunderstandings from people who might not get you, so be it. But you'll be much happier that way, and you'll attract people who care about you for who you are and not who they think you should be. Maybe even guys who care more about your knowledge of Russian Literature than lipstick

I'm sure you know all of that, but I can guarantee that there's someone out there (and more than one, even) who can relate to you and would love to be with you. Don't give up hope, and definitely stay strong. It's so much better to trust and let the pieces of your life fall in place than to blame yourself for things that aren't meant to be just yet.
JoyfulVegGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 07:18 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 271/249/135

And so it was almost a month ago, when I started this thread.
No, I've not become thin over this time and no, I did not meet the guy of my dreams...unfortunately.
But as nasty of me as it is I feel better. Deep down not was I lonely, I had hard time watch my 40 some friend date a 30 year old guy...who I cannot say I liked, all I wanted was the attention.... to me...anyway I know it's selfish but we all feel terrible if that were to happen to us. So anyway she's been dating him for a month and discovered that he is a drug adict.... :-( I feel so sorry for her right now, because she got emotionally attached and discovered that he also has a disabilty and now she is in this situation where she does not want to be around someone who does pot, yet feel guilty if she leaves him, because he already has a physical problem and she is afraid to hurt his feelings.
Me on the other hand doing a lot better with my diet, I did try to meet someone over the holidays but back to square 1, I think I should wait. Deep down I am worried that if I meet the guy I might get to comfortable and screw up all of my efforts.
Lesson learned - always (though I knew this one, but perhaps forgot) do not envy others and what they have.... I am kind of thankful I was not in her shoes, because I'd have hard time breaking up with someone in such terrible situation, but at the same time I could never be with someone who takes drugs....sad sad sad.
CBETA is offline   Reply With Quote