Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-14-2005, 02:58 AM   #1  

Default I am feeling so overwhelmed by everything on here!

There is just so much. Where do I start? How do I decide what group is for me? Help me! How do I get started on here?
justbeingme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 03:07 AM   #2  
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy!

I know what you mean!
This site and forum are wonderful and so full of information!

*hugs*
Fluffy Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 06:56 AM   #3  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Pick any group you want! Heck, join multiple groups (lord knows I have!). If you find you don't mesh well with a certain group, jump to another one. That's what's great here--there's so many people and so many groups, there's always new people to talk to and new advice and information to gather. You've already gotten started by just posting here. You can keep posting here, or you can gocheck out other groups (there are groups by age, by diet plan, by weight, by just about anything you can think of!). Welcome to 3FC
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 09:01 AM   #4  

I know just what you mean! I lurked for about a month before I got brave and posted my first message! Welcome to 3FC and jump right in. There's so many people that you're bound to find a group to chat with.
Bev in WI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 09:11 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Well, you can start by finding something that interests you. What kind of exercise are you doing? If you go in the exercise section of the forum-there is the workout video section if you do those, the weight lifting section if you enjoy that, and the general exercise section for conversations on walking, running, and just about every other exercise there is!
How old are you? There are sections for teens, 20 Somethings, 30 Somethings, and so on.
Do you have a large amount to lose? There is a specific section for those with 100+ pounds to lose, the 100 Club.
Do you have any health issues? There is a section on dieting with obstacles, that includes many ailments such as diabetes, PCOS, and more.
There are sections based on a certain diet plan if you are following a certain plan.
There is the Buddy Up! section if you want to find a diet buddy or two, and join forces with them and support one another.
Sit back and think about what your individual needs are, and then you will find the sections here at 3FC for you!
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 09:33 AM   #6  

Hi welcome, just play around until you make friends!!! It won't take you long!!! Try the 100lb club to (we'll let you join even though you only have 90lb to lose!!!!!)

Everyone is really friendly. Just explore and have fun!!!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 01:17 PM   #7  

And, you don't have to "join" any particular group! You are free to read and post anywhere you like. I learn a lot from participating in boards that might not necessarily fit my situation, like Maintainers, etc. Just bump around and read until you get a feel for things.
funniegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 03:09 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 265/262.2/190

Height: 5'10"

I have about half the sections of the board minimized entirely, honestly. I'm not doing south beach or WW or any other specific plan, so I minimized the sections that just don't apply to me. It makes the site a little less intimidating . If you see a group you'd like to join, just jump in!
gray eyed girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 11:38 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by gray eyed girl
I have about half the sections of the board minimized entirely, honestly. I'm not doing south beach or WW or any other specific plan, so I minimized the sections that just don't apply to me. It makes the site a little less intimidating . If you see a group you'd like to join, just jump in!
How do you minimize a certain section?
Old 07-15-2005, 01:19 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

When you are looking at the main forum index, there is a heading for each different section (Like WW or Atkins etc) If you look to the right of the name, at the far end, you'll see the word "Collapse" with an arrow. Click that, and it will collapse that group.

Hope that helped!

~Liz
Lizzyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 01:28 PM   #11  

Thank you. That did make it less intimidating.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:41 PM   #12  

Oh!!! That's a good tip Liz!!! I didn't know that either!!!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 05:09 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 265/262.2/190

Height: 5'10"

It helps a lot, doesn't it .
gray eyed girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 12:31 AM   #14  

I totally know what you mean. 3FC is so good I feel like I'm standing in line at a Buffet.
Rakkoon is offline   Reply With Quote