Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-11-2005, 04:04 PM   #16  

go to the American Diabetes website for a great deal of help.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 04:15 PM   #17  
No more tears!

well im not on nothing right now, (no pills and no insulin) but week ago i got wierd headed and dizzy so my mom called my doctor and he told me to go to the hospital. They check my blood level and it was 123, i guess that good. they check why my period wasnt going off and they said everything was fine. i watch what i eat and im following this diabetes diet sheet i got from another doctor office and watching for signs if my sugar do go up. i think my mom gone to make an early doctor visit.

Thank yall for helping me thru this
BBWonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 04:13 AM   #18  
stbakd

if you were light headed you may have need some sugar. next have glass of oange juice. i am a diebetic. drink lots of water, exercse and watch the foodsa with sugar in it. cut down on the starchy foods. glen
hefty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 09:00 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

When you get your diabetic exchange diet plan/sheet, you will notice that the meals and snacks usually contain combinations of food groups to eat together. The reason for this is that eating starch or something with sugar in it alone (even natural sugar like fruit contains) can spike your blood sugar if eaten alone. The plan helps to regulate your blood sugar by having you eat protein and/or fat with any starches and fruits, so that your blood sugar levels stay stable. It is important to eat all of the exchanges in each meal or snack-don't skip exchanges-because this can lead to an unstable blood sugar.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 10:40 AM   #20  
No more tears!

i do but the diary part is kinda hard cause i can't drink white milk cuz it make me sick but i can drink if i eat cereals or mixed up with something but by itself it just turn my stomach. what can i do?
Old 07-12-2005, 11:00 AM   #21  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I do not know exactly how your exchange plan is set up, but if you need to have milk and carbs, then why not have cereal or oatmeal with milk? You can add fruit to it, too, if you need a fruit exchange as well. You could also try other sources of dairy rather than straight milk--yogurts and cheeses can be used with a variety of other foods to meet your exchanges also. Try plain yogurt with some granola and fruit, or a plate of reduced-fat cheese, crackers, and fruit. Just some ideas--I am, by no means, an expert, but I know that white milk is not the only dairy product out there
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 11:13 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I agree. I hate white milk with a passion. I find that with cereal, and such that skim milk tastes better to me. It is the "creamy" part of the milk that turns my stomach. Blech.
You can use light yogurt as a dairy exchange-if you are new to yogurt, I recommend starting with some mild fruity ones-like Yoplait Light. The Key Lime pie is excellent (reminds me a bit of lime jello) and the strawberries n' bananas flavor is really nice too. If you can handle those, then you could move on to their other flavors.
As Jill stated, you could use a dab of lowfat cheese, or cottage cheese if you like that. If not, try the yogurt, and you can make oatmeal using skim milk to cook it, instead of water. You might be able to handle it that way since the oatmeal will drown out the milk taste.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 01:06 PM   #23  
No more tears!

ok thx yall so much yall are really helpful