Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2003, 06:22 PM   #16  
Walking by faith

Wink Stuff happens....

and I'm not around for it

Tina: Your brother sounds like a very selfish person. Some people react to not getting what they want by lashing out at others in hurtful ways. I KNOW you'll be seeing your little niece again once things cool off. I'm proud of you for being honest and sharing your feelings. I hope your new WW meeting works out great.

Pam: WTG on your loss! And thanks for being an encourager for all of us

Joe Anne: My heart goes out to your son and your family. Thank God he's safe!

Everyone that spoke about forgiveness: This site and this thread have been and continue to be a rich source of encouragement and support for so many. It's sad that trusts have been violated and people have been hurt. The best thing we can do for 300 + is to forgive and move on.

I decided to go to a new TOPS chapter. It's closer to my house and the atmosphere is much more relaxed and friendly. There was a lot of tension in my old chapter. I started with a 1.5 gain, but I was expecting it. I'm doing better this week eating wise. My biggest problem is that I'm battling depression right now. I should go see the Dr. and get on something (I'd been on Wellbutrin before), but I'm SICK of drs. and SICK of pills!

Sorry for venting. Please keep me in your thoughts.

LOVE Y'ALL!
Old 09-20-2003, 07:07 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 316/234/196

Height: 5' 3"

Hello All,

After I jumped in earlier this week, I've been meaning to come back and introduce myself. Sept. is always a busy month with the kids getting back to school and everything getting fired up for fall. I don't get to my computer until evening and even then I don't get a lot of time on it.

The thumbnail version of my life is I'm married with 2 kids (DD turns 10 next week, DS just turned 6), 2 dogs (a Dalmatian & a Rhodesian Ridgeback) and 1 hamster. Last September, having finally gone over 300 with no end in sight I decided to get serious about changing my life and decided to start with exercise. After 4 months of getting regular exercise (I joined a gym with a couple of other moms from my daughter's school), I started WW in Jan. I lost 4-6 pounds but wasn't seeing a huge difference although journalling my food showed me how much more I'd been eating than I thought! At the end of March I started Atkins and I'm loving it. I've lost 40 pounds so far and find low-carb suits my lifestyle and tastes and IT'S WORKING FOR ME!!

As for Lori, I was confused by the pics from the WWE she kept posting - almost like she wanted to be caught. All I can think of is that cartoon with the dog on the computer and the caption "On the Internet, no one knows you're a dog!"

I have to say I'm more a lurker than a regular poster and I'm planning to get involved with the Dr. Phil book discussion that starts on Monday but I'll be here when I can!
Old 09-20-2003, 08:00 PM   #18  
BELIEVE!

I'm Back!

Hi Ladies!! I have missed you!!! Looks like I have a lot to catch up on from the past week. I'll read everything tomorrow. For now I just want to sleep. We had a wonderful vacation and I feel relaxed and refreshed. Just tired from very little sleep last night and the traveling today. I just finished unpacking and downloading all our pictures.

I thought I'd share a couple...

This first one is me at MGM - I am standing in front of the fridge that was used in the Flinstones movie.
Old 09-20-2003, 08:03 PM   #19  
BELIEVE!

Here's a fun one....we spent one day at Universal Studios. While there we went to one of the photo places that puts you in movie pictures... We did a few of them and ordered some poster sized ones for our basement. When/If we get it finished we plan on decorating it with a TV/Movie theme. So we figured it would be fun to have our faces in the pics.

Here I am in a Dream of Jeannie Poster!
Old 09-20-2003, 08:19 PM   #20  

That is so cute and what an idea for the basement Barb.

Glad you had a good time.
Old 09-20-2003, 08:35 PM   #21  

Before I check out, I want to apologize for all the trouble I caused that I brought on myself and that I accept full responsibilty for. My insecurities got the best of me yet again. And I also accept and own responsibility for messing with the emotions of others and I too apologize for that.

With that, I won't be getting up tomorrow...or any day after that. See ya.
Old 09-20-2003, 08:54 PM   #22  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

You know, I try really hard to keep an even temper, but that last post just has me swearing! Thanks for taking one last pot shot at our emotions, Lori. I've played too many years with idiots who thought they could threaten, bully and mess around with me. Yeah, I let them in. I let them find my weak spots and as much as I hate to admit it, I even allowed those weak spots to be exploited. When I finally came to my senses, the last shot they could take was to threaten to do themselves harm. I used to care. I would let myself be reeled back in like some stupid fish waiting to be chewed up and spat back out again. Well, I'm not that same girl now. Take your threats and act upon them as you will. None of the women on this thread deserve any more of your bull. What you do is of your own free will, and I will have no more of it.

Andria
Old 09-20-2003, 08:56 PM   #23  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

I've reported Lori's last post to the admins. Hopefully they will remove it from the Board soon.
Old 09-20-2003, 09:04 PM   #24  

J-Ann:
I reported it also. I figured I was the first one to see it as no one had posted after her when I came to read. I thought it was uncalled for and a sorry cry for one last ho-haw of attention. It was like Andria said, one last attempt at slapping us in the face and making it our fault. I think not!!!!!

Sandy
Old 09-20-2003, 09:13 PM   #25  

Default Hi all...

I found this site thru a search engine and I can sure use some backup!

I'm pretty much dieting on my own by limiting my calories, and trying to figure out the system on Fitday.com--does anyone here use that? Also, what is this Curves I hear so much about and is anyone doing the Dr. Phil thing?
Old 09-20-2003, 09:25 PM   #26  
it's always something

Please start 414, while we try to get this situation sorted out.

Thanks
Old 09-21-2003, 12:07 AM   #27  
it's always something

I would like to make a final reply to this thread, for those that had requested that Loranden's last post be removed. We feel it is best to leave it on file for the moment.

We realize several of you are skeptical of her comment, but we must still take it seriously, as a hint of a suicide. Therefore, we have forwarded the information to her local police department and they will proceed as necessary.

We sincerely hope it was a comment made in a moment of frustration and embarrassment and that she will be fine.

I think Tracy's perspective in her post at http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...543#post454543 says it best..

Quote:
I wanted to offer a slightly different prospective on the Lori story. First of all, I, like Duckie pretty much knew that the story was untrue. I never said anything because I was not 100% sure. ...
When I saw that Lori had been caught in a lie I knew before reading on that the fur was gonna fly. I know that those of you that had gotten to know Lori in the past few months felt hurt and betrayed and I definitely do not blame you for that. Yes, Lori was wrong when she gained the trust of you guys and then lied to you so easily BUT you have to really think about how lonely and insecure a person must be to invent such a fantasy for themselves. I almost cried when I was thinking about how humilated and upset she must have been when she realized that the truth was out. I felt bad for her. I also felt bad for those of you that believed her and put your trust in her. I dont think she ever meant to hurt anyone and I dont think she thought that she was deceiving and betraying you. I think she just has some self-esteem issues.

I for one know that being overweight is hard. I have been called names, I have been humiliated, and I have been frowned upon for being heavy. I am lucky though, I have a wonderful husband that thinks the world of me and 2 beautiful sons that adore me fat and all. Lori does not. It is sad. We all have know what it is like to feel alone and unwanted at some time or another. Maybe she feels this way all the time. Just think about it before you all feel too upset at her even though I know you have a right to be. I just dont think she ever meant to hurt anyone.

We hope everyone will have a good evening, put this behind us, and as Scarlet would have said, Tomorrow is another day
Closed Thread