Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2003, 08:46 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Oh, and one last note.

I do believe that the Kansas City Chiefs are playing the
Steelers today.

GO CHIEFS!

Last edited by Terri in MO; 09-14-2003 at 08:49 AM.
Old 09-14-2003, 09:34 AM   #17  

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALABAMA 27 KENTUCKY 17

MORNING CHICKLETS,

WILL CATCH UP WITH ALL OF YOU THIS EVENING, GOT WALKING AWAY THE POUNDS TO DO, THEN IT IS BACK TO WORK, AGAIN.
Old 09-14-2003, 10:02 AM   #18  
a work in progress...

Good Morning!

Just back from WW...drum roll, please...I lost 3.6 lbs the first week!

I have decided to stay the heck off the scale this week, because I am just like you, Terri. once I see that 250...it's like all bets are off and I eat too much. My weight today is 250.6. I WILL be in the 240s next Sunday.

Our leader had us fill out postcards, on which we stated our goals for Thanksgiving...11 weeks away. Nothing negative allowed, just real, attainable goals. She's going to mail them out the week before. I wrote that I WILL lose 15 lbs by then by sticking to the program everyday, and exercising at least 4 days a week. I CAN DO THIS!

Coffee's ready...I'll be back later.

Have a great day, all!
Old 09-14-2003, 10:28 AM   #19  
You and Me in 2003

I went to chat last night and caught Terri but no one else showed up. I stayed on aabout 45 min then left
Old 09-14-2003, 11:02 AM   #20  

Kat,
Thanks for posting that link it was good info. Also, congrats on your loss!

In other news...
I am a big goof. Yesterday it was super humid here and our kitchen floor got all dewey for some reason. Anyway, I had tried on my winter coat and was headed into the bedroom to show Tom that it had gotten loose on me when I slipped and fell on my butt. I must have come down on my big toe because it's swollen and painful. That's just great! Now I am limping around and I won't be able to go for my walk or workout like I planned. So today I'm going to be sitting around with an ice pack on my toe.

What a clutz I am. I hope everyone elses weekend is going better than mine. I'll catch up with you all later!

Natalie
Old 09-14-2003, 01:06 PM   #21  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Kat, wow! 3.6 lbs. is great! And thank you for the link. I followed it through and found some other helpful info.

From what I was reading, this line stuck with me. If you need to lose weight, do so gradually -- aim to lose about 10 percent of your body weight over 6 months.

I was thinking about how much weight that would mean to me and what the breakdown is. For me, that is basically 34 lbs. in six months or 1.35 lbs. a week. I have 14 of that gone so far. Losing 38 lbs. takes me out of the 300's. I only have 24 lbs. left to get me out of the 300's. Wow. When I very first started reading and writing to this thread, I had just gotten myself out of the 300's, as I recall. *sigh* A lot of water has gone under this bridge since that time. Two surgeries, a lot of grievingand a lot of recovering, both physical and spiritual. Guess it seems like I should be feeling all depressed about going over this ground yet again, but each time I do, it seems like I actually gain a bit of myself as the weight is lost.

But in all reality, I can't afford to gain this weight back one more time. I really need to lose and for good, if only for the reason that my super fat clothes are all worn out and I'm tired of looking like I dress out of a rag bag. I have really nice clothes waiting for me in those smaller sizes. It is so much easier to buy for a person just one size smaller than I am. 26-28 with a huge stomach isn't what they sell in Wal-Mart, ya know? And it isn't like we have a Lane Bryant here. Nearest is 150 miles. I want to be able to buy bras in a regular store. The underwire is poking out of mine right now, and I keep trying to repair it because I can't get to Las Vegas to buy more. I have gorgeous bras sitting in my lingerie drawer right now calling my name, but I'm not back to that size yet. I hate the thought of buying yet another package of underwear in this same huge size. I don't want any part of it any more!!! I am ready to throw all these nasty, fat clothes out and buy myself something beautiful that reflects how I feel about myself. I don't want to buy another tunic top that covers halfway down my thighs to hide my sagging belly. I don't want to have to go to another meeting or party and feel underdressed because I couldn't find something nicer in my size. I don't want one more person to think I'm fat because I don't care about my appearance.

What I do want is to climb to the top of one of the mesas here and cry out loud enough for everyone to hear that I am setting myself free. I want them to hear my declaration of independence as I scream it out until my throat is raw and I can't even manage a whisper. I'm ready for it. I'm ready to be free. I want it so bad I ache inside. And right now, I'm going to get off here, off my backside and go do something about it. I'm going to go live.

Andria
Old 09-14-2003, 01:08 PM   #22  

Kat - Let's make a pact to help each other make it to our Thanksgiving goal.

Right now we're at the same place on the scale and looks like we've got the same goal. I'm going to NYC with my SGD at Thanksgiving and my goal has been to get down to 235 before I go and then maintain that through the holidays.

I'm back on track today and determined not to screw this up. I need to go get my water and get busy downstairs on paperwork and laundry.

I vow that I will get out and ride my bike and walk the dog before the day is over.

FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION!

Natalie - Sorry to hear about your toe. Take it easy!
Old 09-14-2003, 01:09 PM   #23  

Geez, at least I could have said Kat!
Old 09-14-2003, 02:17 PM   #24  
a work in progress...

Thanks, Terri! I KNOW we can meet that Thanksgiving goal!

HEY! NYC is not far from here at all...maybe 50 miles...perhaps a meeting, to show off to each other, may be in the cards???

Think about it...

My son and I are going out for a bike ride as soon as I'm done here.

Old 09-14-2003, 03:16 PM   #25  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Default Re: Hello

Afternoon Ladies,

I finally have a few minutes and have been catching up on everyone's posts.

So far so good here. WI is tomorrow afternoon and I've stayed OP all week. Hoping for a loss tomorrow! I know I already feel better cause I'm back in control of my eating habits.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Syn
to all....

II want so much to be able to say a year from now that " I used to weigh over 300 pounds, and I could barely get around, look at me now!" And I have this fantasey of being able to cross my legs at the knee , and shopping at the malls without huffing and puffing and having to sit down every little while....also being able to play with my grandkids by doing physical activities instead of just reading or playing board games or drawing etc.... Having more energy and becoming more physically flexable would be a miracle to me.

Oh Syn, you take the words right out of my mouth. I'm so sick huffing and puffing I could spit!

I can't really quickly find who said they hit 250 and crashed but that's what happened to me BIG TIME about two years ago and I managed to put it back on. I think I was afraid of what was happening cause I lost very quicky, even on WW, and when I hit an itty bitty plateau at about -70 lbs. it all fell apart. You all will have to help me get over that hump when I reach it again.

And I will reach 250 again .... and I will surpass 250 ....and I will reach my goal of a permanent lifestyle change and a healthier me!!!! So there!!

Okay, Off my soap box.

To those of you who are fluey. Hope you get over it soon and feel better fast. We all hate being sick don't we?

I watched most of Dr. Phil and Katey and have it on tape. I've got to say he didn't teach me anything I haven't read/heard before. There's no magic way to fitness. It's hard work and it's life long work. I did like the little blurbs before the commercials tho, like if you drink 1 reg. soda every day for a year you'll gain 15 lbs. or thirty lbs. if you munch on a glazed donut a day and don't move enough to burn them off. Made me think. I was glad I went back to WW before I saw the show or it might have depressed me more rather than just being educational.

There goes the dryer ... gotta run.

You all smile, think positively about yourselves and have a great day.

j-ann
Old 09-14-2003, 03:53 PM   #26  
Syn
ONE BITE AT A TIME*Loser*

I just spent a very long time responding to individaul posts and then lost the whole thing! What's up with that? It is like I went to another page to check on a post so I could respond correctly and BAMMM it had disappeared !

Any way I will try and write more later....

Love to all...
Old 09-14-2003, 07:51 PM   #27  
Progress..not perfection

Even when I'm sick, I can't stay away from you guys.... although my post will be short and sweet.

First of all, and to Kat on her 3.6 lb. loss this week! I knew you could do it.

Tracy and Amanda, I am SUPER glad to see you back. Looks like the gangs all here!

I am still on the puny side so my post is almost over, just wanted to let you guys know that I am thinking of you even though I've spent the last day and a half in the bed.....well, when I wasn't running to the bathroom. I even had a fever at one point.

Keep your fingers for me. Tomorrow is my WI day!

Love you all lots.
Old 09-14-2003, 08:57 PM   #28  

Quote:
Originally posted by determined to succeed
Oh, and one last note.

I do believe that the Kansas City Chiefs are playing the
Steelers today.

GO CHIEFS!

.........And boy, did we get our butts whopped bad.

41-20?! What the heck were my Steelers smoking today? My brat cats could have played better. Geez.

On the good side, Priest and Co. looked pretty darn good. Congrats to KC on their win
Old 09-14-2003, 08:59 PM   #29  

Evening Ladies,

Just got home from a nice walk at the fitness park after work. I only got in 1/2 mile but it was getting dark, but it was so cooooooool and crisp, I LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR!! So, that is 2 1/2 miles today (WATP video), and the 1/2 mile at the park. Feeling

Tina, hope you feel better soon sweetie pie

J-Ann, great job staying on program all week weigh in should be great!

Katrina, CONGRATS ON THE LOSS, THAT IS MAGNIFICENT

Natalie, sorry about your accident, OUCH!! Hope you toesy feels better soon

Andria, I am right there with you girl, I am declaring my freedom too!! WE ARE ALL GOING TO BEAT THIS THING!!! WE ARE GOING TO SHINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello Mary, how are you?

Barb, hope you are having a grand time!!!
Old 09-14-2003, 09:16 PM   #30  

I'm back from girls weekend away, and I have surely missed you all. I did have a wonderful time and did not drink near as much as I did in April when we went, I felt much better in the mornings.

I wasn't going to post till tomorrow but could not stay away, and then I read Tinas post and had to comment. You know what, I love you too, and boy do you have me pegged right. I set my heart out there and hope for the best, and in you I have found it. I love ya all, and still thank god that day I found you all.

I also wanted to Welcome back Terri and Amanda.

And like I told you all before I left, Monday is back on the wagon day, so keep your fingers crossed for me tomorrow, my old attitude and upbeatness I hope is on its way back.

Love and Hugs,
Sandy
Closed Thread