Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 08:04 PM   #16  
Progress..not perfection

Default Mrs. K

I'm not actually sure how you took my post.... and in which tone you took it. Let's look again at what I said:

Quote:
If you feel that it is completely hopeless, then why are you here? Why are you posting in a support thread?

Are you hoping that we will have something magical to say? Are you hoping that one of us will say that one thing that can change your mind?
Your first post sounded so hopeless to me.....it hurt my heart. But to clarify my earlier post to you.... When I asked you why you were here, why were you posting in a support thread?

I think it was and is because you want and need support. I think you know that and I don't think you're ready to lay down and die yet. If you were, you certainly wouldn't be here. So, I'm glad you are here.

This is a wonderful site and has probably saved countless numbers of lives.... literally.

However, I don't think that anyone can say one thing to you that you don't know yourself.... YOU just have to believe it. You have to believe in yourself. It's not enough just for us to believe in you, but it helps doesn't it? We ALL feel hopeless at times, but we can ALL do this. It's just a matter of getting it done.

I'm here if you need a friend.
Old 09-04-2003, 08:09 PM   #17  

Default Re: Mrs. K

Quote:
Originally posted by QueenB
I'm not actually sure how you took my post.... and in which tone you took it. Let's look again at what I said:

Your first post sounded so hopeless to me.....it hurt my heart. But to clarify my earlier post to you.... When I asked you why you were here, why were you posting in a support thread?

I think it was and is because you want and need support. I think you know that and I don't think you're ready to lay down and die yet. If you were, you certainly wouldn't be here. So, I'm glad you are here.

This is a wonderful site and has probably saved countless numbers of lives.... literally.

However, I don't think that anyone can say one thing to you that you don't know yourself.... YOU just have to believe it. You have to believe in yourself. It's not enough just for us to believe in you, but it helps doesn't it? We ALL feel hopeless at times, but we can ALL do this. It's just a matter of getting it done.

I'm here if you need a friend.
Thank you, Tina! I see what you mean now! Please pardon my momentary lack of comprehension.
Old 09-04-2003, 09:13 PM   #18  
Spreadin' the luv.

Exclamation QueenB

You rule, lady. We ARE all going to do it, 'cause we're in it for the long haul and we're all here together!
Old 09-04-2003, 09:23 PM   #19  

Wow, what a great first step you taking with the TKD. You absolutely can do this. I reached the point where my body just hurt so much of the time. My knees hurt, my feet hurt, my back hurt. I felt like a little old lady and I'm only 36!! It was terrible. I was tired of getting up EVERY single morning and trying a different diet, only to have already failed by lunch time. I finally realized that if I could just start and do one day, then that would be one day that I wasn't lost. I knew that if I gave in and ate that food, then I would be regretting it in the morning.

It also helped me in the beginning to focus on getting healthy more than on losing weight. I knew that I had failed at so many weight loss attempts, so this time I focused on getting healthy.

You're already making some great steps, just by coming here and by signing up for the TKD. You can do this and you will find lots of great support, help, and encouragment here. I usually post in the 100 lb. Club, and we'd love to have you join us if you'd like to.
Old 09-04-2003, 09:24 PM   #20  
Progress..not perfection

AGREED!

Let's all keep our heads up ladies.... The road is long and hard, but we are ALL worth it.

We CAN do this!
Old 09-04-2003, 10:03 PM   #21  
Student of the Hoof

Yay TKD!!! My kids and I got our blue belts in TKD - then ended up moving clear across town, then the school closed. *sigh* But that's ok, we started horseback riding! TKD is great fun, and fantastic exercise! I hope you have a GREAT time!! (You'll be doing head high axe kicks in NO time!)
Old 09-05-2003, 01:23 PM   #22  

Hi Mrs K!

I couldn't help answering your post. I post in the Jaded Ladies group. We all have different amounts of weight to lose, but one thing I think you should do is eliminate the word "diet" from your vocabulary. I have struggled with my weight for years trying different fad diets and always gain back more than I lost. Look at it as a lifestyle change. Even if you can't do the TKD every day or even every other day, go for a walk, find a friend or loved one to go walking with you. Don't think of it as exercise, think of it as a way to catch up on what's going on in each other's lives, in other words, make it FUN. For instance, my hubby and I have found all kinds of neat houses to look at in our town and some beautiful parks to walk in. We use this time to catch up on what happened during our day and to talk about the future and the things we would like to do or see. As far as eating healthier goes, I began by taking one meal a day where I would usually eat something fatty or high in calories and instead ate a vegetarian meal instead prepared with no added fat or sugar. Keep on posting here, look around at the different groups and forums, if you find one you like, join in, everyone is very supportive. If you would like to post in the Jaded Ladies, or just check us out, we are under the Clubs and Groups forum. You'll find out we talk about everything, we share our heartaches as well as our victories.
Never give up. My motto is,, When life hands you lemons, make a lemon meringue pie, pass that pie to someonelse to make their day brighter!
Old 09-05-2003, 02:12 PM   #23  
Spreadin' the luv.

Thumbs down GettingSkinny's so right!

Hey, girl! I'm really with you on that yucky "D" word!

My favorite thing is when thin people talk about what "diet" they're on - I usually jump in with "Man, I'm NEVER gonna diet! Diets are the devil!" and they give me these up-and-down, "Well, you oughta" kind of looks. Pooey on them.

I'm trying hard to find some way I can regulate my eating - I don't want to count calories, points, or anything (not sustainable in my opinion), but vague guidelines don't seem to be enough control for little ol' me. Got any opinions, ladies?

You're a smart lady, GettingSkinny. Glad to meet'cha!
Old 09-05-2003, 03:02 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I can identify with the 'feeling old" part. Actually, I just thought I was looking my age but now I see that I am really younger looking.
Enough sitting in front of the computer. I'm going out for a walk. I was thinking of doing 3K for Mrs. K. Anybody else?
Old 09-05-2003, 03:48 PM   #25  
2006 - Panda Remix

Angry Good on you Mrs K

You have done the right thing coming to this forum, everyone has different amounts of weight to lose and are doing it in different ways - but you will find that there is ALWAYS someone here who understands whatever it is you are going through.

I think it takes alot of us to reach 'rock bottom' before we can do something to help ourselves - it sounds that reaching 300lb has become your rock bottom. Now you are on the up! You are already sounding more positive and signing up for the TaiKwondo is a great step.

Alot of people lose weight only to put it back on and all those examples you gave- diet pills etc do fail. But the one thing you did not mention was sensible healthy eating. I am changing my lifestyle and my attitude and this is a lifelong thing - I am certainly not on a diet. I am enjoying taking better care of myself and valuing myself enough to stop abusing myself with food. I deserve to be whoever I want to be - and so do you!

If you ever want to talk about depression and attempting suicide (been there, done that) please do not hesitate to PM me.

The very best of luck to you

Amanda xxx
Old 09-05-2003, 04:36 PM   #26  
Walking by faith

Talking Mrs. K....

I'm so glad to hear that you're going to be trying again with Tae Kwon Doe. Just think, not only does this benefit you, but it will also serve as an inspiration to your daughter. You asked yourself at the beginning of this thread "Why Bother?" You've already mentioned a daughter who loves you, an instructor who cares, but most especially YOU! Do it for yourself! Do it while you're still relatively young.

I think we've all been where you are now Mrs. K. I've been fighting this battle all my life, and sometimes I think "Why Bother?" I'm a lot older (53), but I've still got a lot to give to this life. Queen B and I both post on the "300 + and ready to try again" thread. Come on over and visit! There is so much support on this website. Don't give up! We can do this TOGETHER!

SW: 316/CW 308 (?)/ GW 170's
Old 09-05-2003, 06:03 PM   #27  

I am so jealous! Always wanted to try TKD. Good for you!

AR
Old 09-06-2003, 02:02 PM   #28  

Height: 5'1"

Hi MrsK-

I'm so glad that you decided to visit 3FC. To me that says that you know that you truly do matter in this world and things are worth living for. Taking the step to just talk is a big one and coming here you will see that you'll get ALL the support and encouragement that you're looking for.

I also post with the Jaded Ladies and we talk about all our ups downs, just about anything. So feel free to visit us.

I congratulate you on signing back up to do TKD. I always thought that would be something I would like to try but have yet to do so. TKD is a great way to get in a workout. What a way to get involve with what your daughter is interested in and have fun!! Once you've been doing it again for awhile you'll never regret it. I'm sure down the road we'll be seeing you posting all about your high kicks and how good you're feeling!! We'll all be cheering you on.

I hope you decide to stay with us and find place you feel comfortable in. Feel free to visit the Jaded Ladies and let us know how you're doing. I have all the confidence in you that you'll do great in your weight loss journey. Just like the rest of us.
Take Care
Marti
Old 09-06-2003, 06:19 PM   #29  
Empress/Queen

Way To Go!!! Mrs. Knee Kicker!!!!!

Old 09-07-2003, 05:25 PM   #30  

Hey MrsK:

Been there done that! All kinds of diets, Weight Watchers, Overeaters A nonymous, you name it I've done it. I am in a heelchair due to MS. I tipped the scales at 287.

What got me going? Diagnosed with Type II diabetes. What keeps me going? Three kids - none of whom I want to see ending up like me. They are already chubby and with the possibility of inheiriying diabetes, I need to be the grownup and set the example.

So the pantry is cleaned out, new habits are being created, and after two weeks on Sugar Busters and a doctor-supervised 1200 calorie eating plan, I now weigh 277.

It works. Trust me!

TrudyL
Closed Thread