Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-16-2017, 12:47 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 196/158/150

Height: 5' 6"

Busy day began with church this morning. I got detained by a friend at church who wanted to talk to me about the Plant Paradox diet. She said she bought me some eggs at the farmer's market. I thought that was a funny thing to do. But I didn't take the eggs because I am only eating pastured eggs and these were cage free, which basically says nothing about the living conditions of the chickens. Poor thing. She was so confused. But I told her where she can buy the right eggs. They have them in all the stores around here except Trader Joe's, which is funny. Usually Trader Joe's carries all the trendy foods.

B/L: one green banana with cinnamon, 3 tiny slices of French Comte cheese, half of an avocado, coffee with MCT oil and cream
S: paradox crackers made with almond flour, coconut flour, egg, and Italian seasoning (these were just okay, I have some other cracker recipes I’m going to try out this week), guacamole, and cheese slices
D: arugula salad with beets and leeks, avocado slices. I boiled the beets, then sliced them up. I chopped up the leeks, sautéed them in butter and added them to the beet slices. Then I tossed the veggies with some salt and evoo. I put this concoction on top of the arugula and added another tablespoon of evoo to the arugula, then topped the whole thing with avocado slices and a little sea salt. The end result looked beautiful and tasted delicious.

I appear to have eaten a lot of cheese and avocado today. Comfort food.

Have a great day everybody!
magistra17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 06:52 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone! I read and forget to write myself!

Emily - I just saw some commercials last night for some new iud's you might consider. It may be worth asking your dr about it. I eat 3 meals and 2 or 3 snacks a day. But I'm the type of person who gets crazy when I get hungry, so fasting wouldn't work for me. I used to not eat breakfast and then go crazy all afternoon/evening.
Diana - getting back on plan after a vacation or time off is the worst. I tend to feel starving when I normally don't and have cravings. Yuck.
fyml - I pretty much only focused on very small goals at first. And I bought a really cute pair of shoes when I lost 50 lbs. I was just telling hubby last night - when I get to the next size, this fall, I want to go to a particular store I like for work clothes and get a few basics
nancy - office jobs are very hard to deal with activity. I tell all my employees in the office to get up every hour and walk around, walk at lunch, etc. I swear they're all so cold because they just sit all day and don't move.

My big excitement - I ordered a peloton bike and it gets delivered this afternoon. It's a spin bike with a monitor that allows you to hook into a studio in nyc live, compete against other people, etc. It's a lot of fun and the exercise I've become addicted to recently. They have thousands of online classes, all levels, music, etc.
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 06:53 AM   #153  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all,
175.7 this morning

So, being a weight watcher, I stumbled upon this podcast, Fatdag's Whys Advice. He says he found success when he started to focus on Why he wanted to lose weight instead of How. If you're strong in your Why the How will become easier. So he says once you have your Why, you can use it to help make healthy choices. Like asking yourself would I rather have that piece of cake or would I rather reach my goal. Kind of simple, but reminding yourself Why, keeping it in the front of your mind, makes sense. I don't agree with everything he says but he makes a lot of good points and uses input from people who write in with questions, so it's not just about him. Anyway if you're interested he has a website, and many other social media things, that you don't have to be a WW member to check out, www.fatdag.com

Hope everyone has a great day
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 08:04 AM   #154  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Kelijpa Thank you for sharing that.

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)
Nothing for this morning

Calories for yesterday: 1540 +
No Weigh In

Have a great day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

August 16

1 Thessalonians 5:11
Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.

Joining the group was the best move she ever made. Fay had struggled alone through a dozen diets with no real success. Then she saw the notice on the church bulletin board about the group that dieted and exercised together. She was a little hesitant at first, but finally she decided to give it a try. What a difference it made! Dieting with a group was much better than dieting alone. Fay felt that God had really led her to this group. She gained so much strength from her new friends, and she was amazed at how much she was able to help others.

Today's thought: A diet for two is easier to do!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 11:11 AM   #155  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

Quote:
Originally Posted by FYML View Post

Chunkahlunkah I totally second Diana's bread choice! I saw some in a grocery store last week and it tastes like honey oat bread from Subway!
Oh heck yeah. Looks like life is making me wait for that killer bread though. It's not sold in my area.

magistra - Cheese and avocado, you continue to speak my food language.

msgooch - That bike sounds so fun!

Emily - When cutting calories/losing weight, I find it easiest to eat small amounts more frequently. For example, I'll eat a breakfast that's 200 calories or less, and a similar calorie level for a midmorning snack, lunch, and (usually) an afternoon snack. I tend to be at around 7/800 calories by dinner time, then for dinner I eat another 4/500 to finish out the day in the 1200's. When I'm not losing weight but just maintaining, I eat in all sorts of ways. This is the way that's easiest for me to lose without feeling hungry though. Sometimes I change the way the calories are staggered and have the bigger meal for breakfast or lunch. Also, on my days off I don't usually adhere to that method, and instead eat the same number of calories for the day, but in larger, less frequent meals. So I guess I don't really have one way! I have my workday way and my day-off way.

Last edited by Chunkahlunkah; 08-16-2017 at 11:35 AM.
Chunkahlunkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 12:12 PM   #156  
Faith. Family. Fitness.

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for your responses everyone. If i get time later tonight I will do personals.

Calories today are about 1300.

I am looking into getting my RMR tested, it would be great to know.

Hope everyone is well!
EmilyLarnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 12:27 PM   #157  

Height: 5'3

I think the killer bread name is funny. I call my fav's killer when I know I'm not safe around them. I'm forgoing bread right now but have made an exception for French fries on my one lunch date out.
Down to 219. Finally can see progress.
Ate a Diet to go meal for lunch but had my own chicken and veg dinner. Really not much different then a pre diet dinner except for no butter.
2Bees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 03:08 PM   #158  
FY,ML

S/C/G: 245/179/145

Height: 172cm

Today so far... have two ball games again tonight so I will update tomorrow.

1) Workout: 2 Baseball Games
2) Carbs - 3
3) Veggies - 2
4) Steps - 16,000+
5) Clean Eating - Nope

Breakfast: Small piece of squash cake I made (whoops)
Lunch: Steak, cucumbers, tzatziki sauce
Dinner: Chicken Breast and 1/2 cup mac n' cheese
Snacks: Apple with almond butter and cinnamon, peas, and salami and cheese rolls

msgooch I previously used a rewards system with myself and it seemed to work out good for me. I got the front of my shoulder and upper chest tattoo done when I saw good collarbone definition (NSV because I had never once been able to see my collarbone under all the fat). I also started a half sleeve tattoo when I got into a normal BMI range and now when I get back to where I was before gaining back 24 lbs, I am going to finish the half sleeve.

EmilyLarnder I prefer 3 meals but sometimes will do two small breakfasts as its quicker and more convenient. Clean eating / whole foods with 30 mins a day of exercises usually allows me to lose 7-10 lbs a month. As long as you are eating properly, the amount of meals won't matter as long as you are not hungry as that often leads to binge eating I find.

Last edited by FYML; 08-17-2017 at 01:58 PM.
FYML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 06:39 PM   #159  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon to all, did not get a chance to post this am.

WI up .6 - 159.8, I knew I would just as soon as I started to workout again
WO not much this am was a FB video as usual but this one was low impact and focused on abs. While I need that work the first two exercises I could not do so I skipped the rest.

Meal wise so far today on point, but have a dinner to attend tonight so not sure how that will go.

I will try to get to personals later BUT for those of you on low carb I made this bread last night. OMG https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-garlic-bread I am in love
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 08:57 PM   #160  
Trying to live below 200

nancylmrn I think I saw on facebook where someone made a "garlic bread" with zucchini. Here it is: http://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe...-bread-recipe/
Old 08-16-2017, 09:59 PM   #161  
Trying to live below 200

HI Everyone!

Total Approx 1540 Calories +

Breakfast (415 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1 slice Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 60 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (425 Calories)
2 slices Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 120 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Smoked Turkey Breast & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
grilled mahi wrap 700 calories

Exercise:
TJ Cardio Party Mix 3
Old 08-16-2017, 10:05 PM   #162  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Thank you Diana, that recipe looks great and now is the time of year to take advantage of the zucchini
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 10:12 PM   #163  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancylmrn View Post
Thank you Diana, that recipe looks great and now is the time of year to take advantage of the zucchini
I don't know how it tastes. Maybe there are some reviews out there. It looked like it was firm enough in the video to hold up to the marinara sauce so maybe it will work.
Old 08-16-2017, 10:15 PM   #164  
Trying to live below 200

I forgot to mention an update on our friend Brandon. He is going in for his stem cell transplant tomorrow. His Dad is the donor. Please keep him in your prayers.
Old 08-17-2017, 07:20 AM   #165  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all
174.4 this morning

Taking an hour off work this morning so I could do my exercises. FatGirl had me checking social media this morning thinking I was going to skip the exercises, FitGirl prevailed and said, nope just going in late. (FatGirl and FitGirl are the representations of my ongoing struggle with adopting a healthy lifestyle)

Diana said a prayer for Brandon and his family, hope all goes well for him.

Hope everyone has a great day

Last edited by kelijpa; 08-17-2017 at 07:20 AM.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote