Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 06:56 PM   #361  

S/C/G: 255/229/155

Height: 5'9

OK I'm breaking fast 4 hours early. My wife just brought home a crockpot with a Wi-Fi connection. I can slow cook from my phone. I'm like OMG OMG OMG !

Guess I'm cooking Wi-Fi chicken soup!

Last edited by Pang; 01-18-2017 at 07:20 PM.
Old 01-18-2017, 07:49 PM   #362  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pang View Post
OK I'm breaking fast 4 hours early. My wife just brought home a crockpot with a Wi-Fi connection. I can slow cook from my phone. I'm like OMG OMG OMG !

Guess I'm cooking Wi-Fi chicken soup!
That's great!
Old 01-18-2017, 07:53 PM   #363  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1495 Calories +

Breakfast (400 Calories + coffee)

spritz olive oil in pan
XL egg 80 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1/2 Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 45 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (395 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 90 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700

Exercise:
Les Mills Live Combat 30
Old 01-18-2017, 09:41 PM   #364  

Pang Your a guy? jeesh! and all this time I been saying hello ladies! lol. Never meant to leave you out, so from here on in it will be, hello ladies and gents! Hope you enjoy the crockpot! Nothing like the love of a partners cooking!

My dear ladies, and gent, I am hitting the hay early! Everything is going well, the fish was really good. I will have to report back tomorrow on the rest of it but I will hold steady. We are going over some friends house Sat. night and I already told them to not go to any trouble as we are on a plan and will join them after dinner.

It sounds like your all doing wonderful, keep up the good work. Nancy, maybe you just play with a few pounds naturally, don't let it get the best of you! If you take a look at all you have done, you will see how much progress you have truly made! I have always played with about 3 lbs. and my body can fluctuate a lot! Your on a downward spiral and are doing fantastic, please remind yourself of all your progress!!! Keep up the great work!

I hope you all wake up to a great new day! I look forward to catching up with you all in the morning. THis kiddo is going to bed soon! lol
Old 01-18-2017, 10:45 PM   #365  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good evening to all
Well I had a rather normal day....not real big fat liar liar pants on fire folks

Going to eat light tonight and see what that darn ole scale says in the am. Not that I don't eat light anyway just a mental thing

Monte--I know you will get your list done and that house cleaned as for the encouragement on me sticking with it....and a little friend. oh sweetie I am long past that age by .... 9 years ty anyway. We are going to have to swap stories

Nichols and weekend
thank you so much for keeping me motivated

pang...who knew you were a rooster I am really fascinated with your fasting, I am not sure it would work for me and my mindset. Afterall it really can be a mind game. I would like to read up more though do you have a website or book to recommend?

I am off for now I will check in later
Old 01-18-2017, 10:54 PM   #366  

S/C/G: 209.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'11"

Flower123 even if you are feeling like warm in your maintence I think it huge you are here checking in. It means you haven't checked out

Today was good. I rounded out the day at 1343 calories. I mean to be hitting between 1500 and 1700 but (shockingly) I keep falling short. I think it's because the food I have planned is so much volume because of all the vegetables and I just get bored eating it all, but since I've already logged it I plan to keep eating it. I think it took me an hour to finish my 200 calorie salad at lunch today. I was letting myself obsess and get upset for not being right in the planned range of calories because I'm so afraid of cutting to soon and having no place to go down to later, but I've decided I should be grateful that I'm not struggling right now and embrace the fact that I feel satisfied. I wish I'd done this long ago. I'm only 5 days done and realize that I am just beginning, but already feel and find it not as awful to eat like this as I'd expected. Anyways I know the temptations and rough waters are ahead so I'm going to enjoy this bit of coasting I had never expected to find this early on.
Old 01-18-2017, 11:07 PM   #367  

likema26 It really sounds like your doing well on your plan! Congrats! I too found that it isn't so bad, in fact, we enjoy it! As long as I find things that I like to eat and enjoy it really is good! It sounds , yet again, your doing great , and I commend you! Keep up the good work and keep us posted! When I began to get wary or concerned of my menu in the beginning I devised a plan that suits me and I actually enjoy! So far so good but again I am sure I will need to switch it up soon maybe from time to time. I started incorporating fish into the menu a few weeks ago and that was a god send. I too fill up crazy on salads! lol In fact, I can never eat them at a restaurant before dinner because they fill me so much, eureka! When I first started plan, I would eat a salad first! It worked a charm!
Old 01-19-2017, 04:48 AM   #368  

This is a quick one. Have to get ready for bed

Ma26. Thank you for those words. It meant a lot to read

Today I was OP. Calories 1050
Sadly there was no time for exercise. I was busy making gifts, getting my laptop ready to ship for repair and a very lengthy phone call for my HP printer which did not print black font today. Finally after hours the tech guy told me that maybe my ink is too old. Okay, perhaps. By the time I hot off the phone with him it was 4am.

I hope everyone has a great Thursday <3

Last edited by flower123; 01-19-2017 at 04:50 AM.
Old 01-19-2017, 06:10 AM   #369  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all!

Well, the threat of today's weigh in kind of reeled me in. 177.4 this morning, up about a pound from last week and more motivation to get on track. 98 days until the first music festival of the season, I'd like my warm weather clothes to fit like they're supposed to by then

Diana

Pang I was just reading a thing on Facebook about the instapot, still not sure what it is made me want to get out the slow cooker. How'd the soup come out?!

Hope everyone is doing well and has a great day
Old 01-19-2017, 07:11 AM   #370  

S/C/G: 186/135/125

Height: 5.5 feet

Hey guys I am back.

Still in the 140's. Made a couple changes that I hope will pay off.

Hope everyone is well
Old 01-19-2017, 07:56 AM   #371  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

kelijpa Did you catch my previous post about the chamomile tea?

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)
This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 2

I am still waking with a swollen face, etc. Not sure what's going on with the edema except that I'm still having issues with it.

Calories for yesterday: 1495 +
Weigh In: 174
No Change

Have a great day!
Old 01-19-2017, 10:05 AM   #372  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I weighed in this morning since I'll be gone this weekend, and I'm down another 2lbs since Sunday. I'm getting SO close to being out of the 210s after 3 months of trying. I will totally do a little dance when I see the 0 in the middle! Eating was good yesterday, not even that many calories (around 1275) and I wasn't hungry at all. Took my preworkout yesterday and I think it helps, and it isn't too intense, which is good, though I sort of crash afterwards. But I take it a 4pm, and the crash occurs about 10pm, which is when I go to bed anyway, so win/win, lol.

Had some unpleasantness with a prospective tenant today that I'm kind of bummed about. He started working for my dad, and claimed to know how to do all kinds of repairs and stuff, so I agreed to rent him one of my houses without a deposit if he did a bunch of repairs that it needed. Well, it turned out that not only is he annoying and drama filled (asked dad for a loan the first day he met him, called him yesterday and demanded to be paid early because he needed to take his wife out of town, etc) but he's not competent to work without supervision (drove a nail through a brand new line set, which he had just installed and therefore should have known exactly where it was, etc), which is the whole reason we wanted to hire him. Decided to back out of the deal before I get burned. But I hate backing out of things, it embarrass me, because I feel like I should have made a better decision to start with. But it is better to cut this off now before it gets worse. I still feel bad about it though.

Nichols - My need to leave a clean house is a combination of my mom and dad's personalities. My dad treats every single trip as if it is his last, and that he will die on it. Not in a super morbid way, but he updates wills and stuff and leaves instructions, etc. And my mom always had to have the spotless before we left, because she didn't want to be faced with a mess on returning. I don't like coming home to a mess either, but it is more about the "what if I die and someone sees this" sort of thing. I mean it is one thing to croak, a whole other to be embarrassed by the state of your house! HAHA So sorry about your mother-in-law. I hope things get better for her really soon.

Zoniegirl - Awesome job on the NSV. I'm not a movie snacker, but I know it's super difficult for those who are!

Pang - So you eat 600 calories on fast days? Is there an explanation for that? I ask because I've done random fast days in the past and I personally found it much much more difficult if you ate a small amount, rather than just going without anything but water. It was like I was able to settle into fasting easier if I didn't eat anything at all, but if I ate even a bite I became ravenous. Sorry about all the questions, but your eating plan is totally different from what I'm familiar with.

WeekendBoater - It is amazing to me how you are keeping up with everything you are doing, plus manage to come in here and give us all encouragement. You rock!

Nancy - Thanks for the encouragement. I made a lot of progress last night. I managed to clean the entire kitchen (including the stove, refrigerator and shinning my sink), delivered the supplies to the rental that I'm trying to get finished up, and bathing the dog in addition to my workout. 'Cause that preworkout stuff is pretty good, lol. Today I just have to get my table cleared off (recipts and taxes stuff strewed all over it, mixed with Christmas presents I haven't put up yet, lol) and do some laundry, and maybe, if I'm really feeling it, put away my tree, but probably not. It is so pretty I hate to take it down! Silly me always assuming that everyone is the same age as me...I'm not the best at remembering things, so I'm likely to make the same mistake again, so be patient with me! lol

ma26 - It's pretty normal to not be hitting your calories at the beginning, especially if you've really changed the content of your diet. But you'll adapt and be up in the range in no time. I wouldn't worry about needing to cut down later either. Last time I lost (from 220-155) I ate 1500 calories all the way down. I would actually break plateaus by eating more. 5 days is a great start.

flower123 - Nice job on the OP day even with your frustrating printer experience. I really hate those things...they are totally money pits...I don't even use one at home anymore, I just print things off at work. Don't know what I'll do when I'm totally self-employed.

kelijpa - I think an instapot is basically a pressure cooker, but it is standalone, like a crockpot.

snapple - Hi! Nice to hear from you. Good luck with your new tweaks.

Diana - Sorry your edema is still acting up. Hang in there.
Old 01-19-2017, 10:24 AM   #373  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Well down a fraction today but no where near my -20 mark. So frustrating and I know you all are tired of hearing it. So on to the positive. Breakfast and lunch packed....1egg 2 egg whites, slice of pre-cooked bacon, salad with cucumber, olives, salami, 2T dressing, 6oz of cod for dinner, homemade tarter sause and most likely a chocolate protein shake..typical workday menu
Old 01-19-2017, 10:56 AM   #374  

Good morning everyone Hope you all woke up to a good new day. It was so nice to wake up to the sun this morning.

nancy Not tired of it! and oh ty too dear girl I know how frustrating the scale can be, I think most, or all of us, have experienced it. Those frustrations are part of the journey and I feel your wise to post them! We are here to help one another. I admire your determination, hang in there and give that scale a good kick! The bugger will give up, YOU are winning! Nice going on packing your lunches!

snapple welcome back

Monte aw you! Thanks for the kind words! I feel the same way about you all, I really enjoy being here. Monte, If I may be so bold as to put in my two cents on your tenant situation (bear in mind I am a bit tainted and on the weary side). This guy sounds like he can be trouble (his repair work aside). I think your wise to get him out before things may escalate and spare yourself and dad some future problems. As I am sure you know, do it as amicably as possible and maybe come up with some reason you need the house (nothing to do with him). We went through a nightmare last year (all is ok now, they are out!). I had a crash course in landordology in my state and you would not believe the printouts after printouts I have. We managed to do it amicably and did not evict but we dropped a lot of money on things and I consulted with a few lawyers. My parents told me never have them do work for you. We have a policy that we don't let the tenants do work for us, becareful of that, they can cross the bounds and his behavior is concerning to me and at such an early point. I see you feel the same, try not to feel bad Monte...we can't always predict how someone will be. I hope things go smoothly for you. On another note I am so happy for you on the loss! Congratulations I hope you have a wonderful weekend away. Oh, btw, you hit the nail right on the head about (it being easier to truly fast on water). Most, if not all, true fasters will say they experience that. I am very similar to you in that if my weight loss stalls or plateu's an increased cal day or shake up of that sort rev's my metabolism and gets thing in motion for me, typically, not always.

Diana I am hoping your edema is better today and you feel better. Did you eat something different or salty? Feel better and keep us posted please.

keli I hope you have a wonderful day too! We still have time to get ready for that warm weather and oh god does it every sound good!

flower congrats on a good day yesterday I hope you have a great day today too, we still have 13 days left to t his month!

nichols I hope your MIL is ok, I read everything and somehow that eluded me.

TerrieD past few times I had that broccoli it was not nearly as good! I must of gotten a good batch before! DH noticed it too! I plan to buy the flower heads next time and steam them.

A big hello to everyone I missed, zonie, Teri, sun, GettinFit...and to ALL of you!

So glad it's Friday tomorrow, DH is most likely taking the day off if possible. I am supposed to do my calisthenics today and oh I am lazy ladies, it's not that comfortable on that thin pad thing on the hardwood floor lol oh well, where there is a will, there is a way as they say. Wishing you all a fantastic day, check back later with the menu but breakfast night is planned for tonight unless DH wants something different.
Old 01-19-2017, 11:06 AM   #375  

Default January 2017

Hi!

Hope you all are doing better with food than me.

Monte, I was thinking about your renter problems. I used to manage some apts. for someone who moved away...and occasionally there would be some problems...I had a student who did not want to pay for summer rent, but then they thought it was okay to leave their stuff in the apt. all summer. I was also thinking about a friend of mine who hired someone with an alcohol problem to do some gardening. He asked for a $10 loan to get breakfast before getting to work. She gave him $5 and he never came back! Stress!

Wkend Boater: hope you and your family are doing okay.

EXERCISE: hiked 40 minutes yesterday.
DIET: meals okay, but I consumed way, way too much chocolate while watching government hearings. I don't ever recall there being so much transparency regarding the dark side of peoples' character and it probably doesn't matter. It used to be the hint of any weakness and a person seeking public office would withdraw.
OTHER: I am just trying to getting get something accomplished each day. I made an appt. yesterday and made some inquiries today.

GOALS:
EXERCISE: do something.
DIET: use food mover, record desserts.
OTHER: do something everyday, do some health stuff, do some car stuff, do some garden stuff.
Closed Thread