Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-18-2017, 08:35 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

We gain weight for complicated, sometimes deeply buried reasons. Weight loss means addressing that, and sometimes it makes us look at relationship problems we'd been ignoring. How your partner reacts to your change in diet is an important sign. And so is how you treat them when you're under the additional stress of dieting. Sometimes the situation is that it's a hard thing you need to tackle together, and sometimes it shows you that you're not happy together.
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 02:26 PM   #17  

Height: 5'5"

It can be so hard! My SO worries that I am losing the weight so that I can "trade up." He turns up his nose at foods I really enjoy -- like spinach without dressing and tuna in packets. This is an improvement from when he actively made fun of the food I was eating when I was eating it. But he is adjusting. He still asks me to make cookies for him (and I still do) or orders pizza or whatever. I plan my calories so that I can eat the higher calorie stuff sometimes. Other times, I choose to not eat the higher-calorie foods. He's still not 100% comfortable with the weight loss / different way of eating, but he just agreed to train for a 5K tough mud race in June with me. Sometimes, it just takes patience and persistence. At least, that's what I tell myself those times that the weight loss / weight loss lifestyle negatively impacts my relationship.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 07:16 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 175/157/110

Height: 5'2

Yes, I had this problem and it sucks!

my bf LOVES junkfood. He will eat mcdonalds for breakfast, taco bell for lunch and kfc for dinner.

After I had a "talk"with him about how important it was for me to lose weight, albeit he LOVES me for the way I am, I expressed to him that health is a big concern, and brought up diabetes, obesity, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, etc and thank god, he supports me. It was a work in progress (took several months) but it worked.

If he does have a craving for junk food, he is NOT allowed to bring it home or near me at all.

Maybe have a heart to heart talk with him about how you want to do this for you . Im sure he'll understand.
chubbysfchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 09:54 AM   #19  
Tough Turtle

S/C/G: 199/183/115-120

Height: 5 ft 4 in

I hope this doesn't sound like empty advice but I've learned to try to take things the right away. I guess the best way to describe how my bf supports on my diet is gentle support. Like he still presents opportunities for treats, but I notice him trying to portion control for me just a little bit. I just try not to get offended either way and always remind myself I'm the captain of my own ship.
bloominbutterflies is offline   Reply With Quote