Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-07-2015, 07:20 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Bad anxiety, trying to stay on track

I've been struggling with anxiety for a few months now, mainly over work and some health issues I've been having. I have managed so far to keep it from getting worse, and still (mostly) sticking to my healthy diet and exercise regimen. But it is always lurking under the surface. This morning I wake up feeling good then realize my (only) toilet not flushing and almost backing up. Ack , downward spiral of anxiety!😣

I have suffered from anxiety for years, no meds but can mostly manage it. I think things like this cause me so much stress because I am single, I live in a old house that belongs to an elderly relative. I don't make a lot of money so I usually have to depend on friends and family to help me out with repairs but I hate burdening them. I just feel so powerless.

I could go on, but my point is this anxiety makes it difficult for me to stick to healthy diet and exercise . Right now with my heart racing and stomach in knots I have no desire to eat at all. However once it settles down I'll want to eat everything in sight. I'm trying my best because part of why I want to get healthy and exercise more is to help reduce my anxiety.
aml0017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 07:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/150/150

Height: 5'7

I also have had a lot of anxiety, and I really do find that walking and eating better is helping. I hope things get a little easier for you very soon!
LesGetFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 08:01 PM   #3  

Glad it is helping lesgetfit! The problem is I do KNOW it will help but sometimes I just get frozen, I can't take the first step. I am not giving up though.
Old 09-07-2015, 08:42 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

It's ok to need help, we all need help. You can try some sort of barter system. If a certain family member is always coming to help you with plumbing offer to make them a meal in return or now their lawn or something. When you don't have money you need to get creative.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 08:53 PM   #5  

We all get frozen. Today on my walk my legs felt like lead for the first 5 minutes. But I just forced myself to keep going and soon enough it was fine. You have to make yourself start, but your body and mind will want to keep going once you do. It will get easier!
Old 09-08-2015, 10:34 AM   #6  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

I used to suffer a lot with this. I have found that my diet (fish) and exercise (lots) have cured it. The weightloss also helps because I used to get more easily hot and flustered in a bigger body.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 03:44 PM   #7  

Just checking in, hope you are doing well today!
Old 09-08-2015, 04:01 PM   #8  

Thanks LesGetFit and everyone! I am still having some anxiety but it isn't so bad now since I've been at work. I feel like I was just stuck in my house too much over the long weekend, I needed to get out. I've learned to manage my anxiety so well these days, it still surprises me how hard it hits me when it comes. Sometimes I get triggered and all of my coping mechanisms just go out the window.

Also, my brother will be coming to look at my toilet and hopefully get it fixed. I feel better now I've asked him to help, at least something is being done other than just freaking out.
Old 09-08-2015, 07:04 PM   #9  

Height: 5'9"

Hi aml0017,

When I had anxiety, believe it or not what helped me get rid of it for good was taking Vitamin D pills. Being cooped up in the house and working, you might not be getting enough sunlight. One of the symptoms of lack of Vitamin D can be panicky feelings. Try it, you have nothing to lose!

Last edited by Inkrid; 09-08-2015 at 07:05 PM.
Inkrid is offline   Reply With Quote